Are we truly Free

World news discussion forum
Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Are we truly Free

Post by Whistler » May 21, 2023, 7:58 am

A very thoughtful statement from Mr Bean.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 22, 2023, 10:37 am

Amongst several actions by the police on the day of the Coronation, this demonstrates the sheer overreach of the police, utterly indefensible. All those on here that claim 'alls well that ends well' and other nonsense, this is proof that the powers granted to the police were excessive and abused

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... coronation
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 22, 2023, 12:02 pm

All's well that ends well. It's over.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » May 22, 2023, 12:28 pm

^^Jeeeesus (are we allowed to say that Statts?). A few work shy lefties were arrested for a few hours and let go, all for the greater good.

If they had been beaten and held for days or weeks I'd agree with you.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 22, 2023, 12:31 pm

what a strange set of values some have, its OK to arrest and lock up people for 16 hours and that is OK? Both Mr D and LYM would scream like stuck pigs if it happened to them.

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » May 22, 2023, 12:38 pm

I would not have 'squealed like a piggy' and instead kept my head down and done my time. 8)

here are some pictures of the famous day in case some missed it;

Coronation balcony scene

Local school kids helping out.

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » May 22, 2023, 12:58 pm

I often see on here links to the Guardian.
Official circulation stats. see the Guardian languishing in the bottom three of UK dailies along with the
Indy. Why? because it seems people just do not want to read it, except perhaps for it's Thailand agents.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 22, 2023, 3:52 pm

You can only do your time if you are sentenced.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 23, 2023, 2:38 pm

joudon wrote:
May 22, 2023, 12:58 pm
Official circulation stats. see the Guardian languishing in the bottom three of UK dailies along with the
Indy. Why? because it seems people just do not want to read it, except perhaps for it's Thailand agents.
Denigrate the masthead, not for its accuracy, but because it is not a best seller. If you don't like what they publish or think it is inaccurate, why not deal with the subject matter head on?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 23, 2023, 2:47 pm

Perhaps if the guardian made an effort to display a nice pair of jugs on page 3 and an extensive 8 page sports section every day, most Brits would read it, after all its certainly not for its award winning journalism that the Sun was so popular for years

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 23, 2023, 3:05 pm

joudon wrote:
May 22, 2023, 12:58 pm
I guess the local Guardian agents are a bit more intelligent and discerning than the avid readers, be they local or UK based, of the top half dozen UK newspapers. The Daily Mail - FFS!

Of course, they are probably also far more computer literate, and therefore able to read the Guardian online, which sits in 3rd place amongst online newspaper brands in the UK (2021 figures).

https://www.statista.com/statistics/529 ... -browsers/

Bear in mind that the Guardian also publishes US, Australian and International online editions, and it is no surprise that it is widely quoted.

Return to “World News”