Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Are we truly Free

Post by Whistler » May 16, 2023, 1:09 pm

tamada wrote:
May 16, 2023, 12:03 pm
Whistler wrote:
May 16, 2023, 7:20 am
Not sure what this has to do with being truly free. More a bizarre reaction to stupid little kids by a teacher that handled situation very badly. Lots guns though, was he going to blow the little darlings away?
The students had enough freedom of speech to post symbols probably knowing they would offend their teacher. The teacher, admittedly going a bit OTT on his freedom of speech, and no actual guns being proffered, gets charged with terrorism.
Middle school, these kids were around age 12. Naughty children, yes, baiting the teacher yes. Not a bit OTT, way, way OTT by the immature teacher.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » May 16, 2023, 3:31 pm

Are we Truly free?

Of course we are not and have not been for generations. People are slaves in the West (if not most of the world). Going to work 5 or 6 days a week for anywhere between 40 to 60 hours doing a job they hate. Going home in a vehicle (paid for on Finance) or squashed into a metal tube to a home with a huge mortgage (or stuck on the rental market because cost to get on housing ladder is too high).
All the time being tracked where you go by either the state or the corporations, all because you carry a phone that you spend all your free time on looking at how 'happy' everyone is pretending to be while spending all your money on crap you are told you need just getting further into debt.

You old farts should be happy as you have missed the worst of it. The next generations are screwed :confused:

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 16, 2023, 4:43 pm

Whistler wrote:
May 16, 2023, 1:09 pm
tamada wrote:
May 16, 2023, 12:03 pm
Whistler wrote:
May 16, 2023, 7:20 am
Not sure what this has to do with being truly free. More a bizarre reaction to stupid little kids by a teacher that handled situation very badly. Lots guns though, was he going to blow the little darlings away?
The students had enough freedom of speech to post symbols probably knowing they would offend their teacher. The teacher, admittedly going a bit OTT on his freedom of speech, and no actual guns being proffered, gets charged with terrorism.
Middle school, these kids were around age 12. Naughty children, yes, baiting the teacher yes. Not a bit OTT, way, way OTT by the immature teacher.
So the Jewish teacher IS guilty of terrorism. Talking about his guns in front of naughty children I mean. What a badass.

Thanks for the reassurance. For a moment I thought ABC were blowing smoke up my kilt.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 16, 2023, 6:48 pm

Not terrorism from what can observe
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 17, 2023, 8:00 am

Do we have freedom under the law? In Canada, yes. I can't answer for the U.S., Europe, New Zealand et al.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 17, 2023, 12:18 pm

One may think citizens have freedom in Canuck Land ,BUT>
The Government can close your Bank account, can come into your house without a search warrant if you ahve registered arms, spend citizens hard earned tax dollars on personal holidays, build projects using again citizens tax dollars without a vote i.e. Hwy 407 (Toronto bypass), The Dome in Toronto (how someone from say Sudbury benefited from this investment. Initial $150Million, final cost $570Million plus a land Lease of $900,000 per year until 2088), the Aga Khan Scandal, SNC-Lavalin Scandal etc

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 17, 2023, 1:14 pm

Doodoo wrote:
May 17, 2023, 12:18 pm
One may think citizens have freedom in Canuck Land ,BUT>
The Government can close your Bank account, can come into your house without a search warrant if you ahve registered arms, spend citizens hard earned tax dollars on personal holidays, build projects using again citizens tax dollars without a vote i.e. Hwy 407 (Toronto bypass), The Dome in Toronto (how someone from say Sudbury benefited from this investment. Initial $150Million, final cost $570Million plus a land Lease of $900,000 per year until 2088), the Aga Khan Scandal, SNC-Lavalin Scandal etc
Yes all of this is true; however, most of your examples have to do with corruption, not freedom under the law. Things should improve on the corruption front if the Canadian electorate ever vote Trudeau and his NDP cronies out. The bank account one is scary.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 17, 2023, 2:40 pm

If it was dealing with the law some individuals would be in jail, but they are not.
These are the examples of individuals taking the Canadians freedoms from them and using to their own gain
The Government is the Government slimy , crooked and does nothing All they do is point out what others dont do
What they do is squander the Tax payers money

Examples of this is hand feed the Bands of Indians continuously over the decades
"According to a study released this week by Vancouver’s Fraser Institute, the federal department of Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) alone spends $8,578 per year on every First Nations adult and child in the country. Over the past 60 years, INAC has given $215 billion to First Nations. Health Canada has given another $41 billion."

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 17, 2023, 2:50 pm

Doodoo wrote:
May 17, 2023, 2:40 pm
If it was dealing with the law some individuals would be in jail, but they are not.
These are the examples of individuals taking the Canadians freedoms from them and using to their own gain
The Government is the Government slimy , crooked and does nothing All they do is point out what others dont do
What they do is squander the Tax payers money

Examples of this is hand feed the Bands of Indians continuously over the decades
"According to a study released this week by Vancouver’s Fraser Institute, the federal department of Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) alone spends $8,578 per year on every First Nations adult and child in the country. Over the past 60 years, INAC has given $215 billion to First Nations. Health Canada has given another $41 billion."
Fascinating history. Thanks for bringing it up Doodoo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigenou ... _in_Canada
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 17, 2023, 3:31 pm

Any group of individuals, various countries, I wont start naming them as there are TOO many, who received Funds from countries need to be told to get off the pot and look after themselves. Imprison the crooks in their countries that pilfer the funds
While our people starve, continue to be illiterate, have limited Medical care and we continue to drive in Benzes, build our armies etc should be in jail.
5 Poorest Countries spend 523,000,000 USD each year Certainly could feed educate and heal a few people

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » May 18, 2023, 5:09 am

deankham wrote:
May 16, 2023, 3:31 pm
Are we Truly free?

Of course we are not and have not been for generations. People are slaves in the West (if not most of the world). Going to work 5 or 6 days a week for anywhere between 40 to 60 hours doing a job they hate. Going home in a vehicle (paid for on Finance) or squashed into a metal tube to a home with a huge mortgage (or stuck on the rental market because cost to get on housing ladder is too high).
All the time being tracked where you go by either the state or the corporations, all because you carry a phone that you spend all your free time on looking at how 'happy' everyone is pretending to be while spending all your money on crap you are told you need just getting further into debt.

You old farts should be happy as you have missed the worst of it. The next generations are screwed :confused:

Utterly true. Describes my sons situation. He is moving to a new rented place in London this weekend, because the rent is unaffordable, impossible to save money, but has a problem. How to move his stuff. Normally his mother would do it, but his current location has a ban on diesel cars entering the district. His only option is to hire a taxi or pay the fine for the diesel car (cost about the same). He sees no future - cannot afford to buy property, cannot afford to have children, just survive. And he has a reasonable salary. Says most people he knows in London are stuck in the same trap.
Life in the seventies was much better.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 18, 2023, 5:58 am

Time for your son to look for new opportunities in another area in the UK or country
Good Luck

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 18, 2023, 8:04 am

rick wrote:
May 18, 2023, 5:09 am
deankham wrote:
May 16, 2023, 3:31 pm
Are we Truly free?

Utterly true. Describes my sons situation. He is moving to a new rented place in London this weekend, because the rent is unaffordable, impossible to save money, but has a problem. How to move his stuff. Normally his mother would do it, but his current location has a ban on diesel cars entering the district. His only option is to hire a taxi or pay the fine for the diesel car (cost about the same). He sees no future - cannot afford to buy property, cannot afford to have children, just survive. And he has a reasonable salary. Says most people he knows in London are stuck in the same trap.
Life in the seventies was much better.
Yes it was. Then along came Maggie Thatcher and buggered it all up.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 18, 2023, 8:13 am

It appears that the Prime Ministers, all 8 off them since Maggie have agreed with her then. Nothing has changed
Therefore Maggie isnt the only one to blame

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 18, 2023, 8:48 am

I think its safe to say that from the time she took office the country has been in a downward spiral on just about every front, and with no public assets left after she gave them away to her mates there doesnt seem to be much of a future

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 18, 2023, 9:31 am

Doodoo wrote:
May 18, 2023, 8:13 am
It appears that the Prime Ministers, all 8 off them since Maggie have agreed with her then. Nothing has changed
Therefore Maggie isnt the only one to blame
No. Labour didn't. If only Blair hadn't broken international law over Iraq or hadn't ignored the importance of keeping the restive northern provinces onside, Labour could have stayed in power for arguably another five years by which time the rusting "HMS Thatcher" would not only have been torpedoed, it would be have sunk with all hands. No Indy Ref, no Brexit and enduring world class leadership assured with aircraft carriers that work (complete with aircraft).

Losing to Cameron's deeply divided Conservatives wasn't necessary. Brown could have gotten into bed with the Lib-Dems first but insisted that they take a shower first. Cameron was desperate and didn't mind the grubby bed sheets. Subsequently, his party was even more divided so he invented Brexit to save his arse, whereupon he shafted the voters, lost and quit.

PS: The eight PM's you mention include several "unelected" ones and at least one garden vegetable.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 18, 2023, 10:09 am

Can we guess which veggie
I vote for sprout

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 18, 2023, 10:28 am

noosard wrote:
May 18, 2023, 10:09 am
Can we guess which veggie
I vote for sprout
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... -liz-truss
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » May 18, 2023, 10:50 am

"If only Blair hadn't"
" Brown could have gotten"
Woulda shoulda coulda, but they didnt as previously stated
As for being elected or not they are what the UK had as Leaders. They resided at Number 10

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 18, 2023, 11:09 am

Doodoo wrote:
May 18, 2023, 10:50 am
"If only Blair hadn't"
" Brown could have gotten"
Woulda shoulda coulda, but they didnt as previously stated
As for being elected or not they are what the UK had as Leaders. They resided at Number 10
Very insightful observations and comments. Many thanks.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “World News”