Are we truly Free

World news discussion forum
jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: Are we truly Free

Post by jackspratt » May 8, 2023, 4:18 pm

tamada wrote:
May 8, 2023, 3:19 pm

Oh, puleeeze. Next thing we'll be uttering the word fascist and trotting out the STASI tropes.
Unless you get in first.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 8, 2023, 4:20 pm

100% agree ......... If this mob stays in charge much longer that's exactly where we are heading.

What next for the "civilised" west ........ banning or burning books (oh 'ang on) :lol:

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 8, 2023, 4:20 pm

I am with Stat on this one. The STASI operated in a police state and were not answerable to courts. From what has been disclosed so far, the cops went past what they should have done and were very heavy handed.

I would suggest there is a very good chance that those arrested may well turn to the courts. Let's see without getting all hysterical about it.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 9, 2023, 1:29 am

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2023/15/enacted

Not much to get hysterical about. Anyway, the elected members of the lower house and the appointees in the upper one had more than enough opportunity to either block or amend this travesty of justice. It's not as if the Tories had such a huge majority to easily force this through. More so when they themselves were on the ropes with whack-a-mole PM selections after Blojo got the heave- ho.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 10, 2023, 6:09 pm

Whistler wrote:
May 8, 2023, 4:20 pm
I am with Stat on this one. The STASI operated in a police state and were not answerable to courts. From what has been disclosed so far, the cops went past what they should have done and were very heavy handed.

I would suggest there is a very good chance that those arrested may well turn to the courts. Let's see without getting all hysterical about it.
As I said

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-pol ... 023-05-09/
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » May 10, 2023, 7:36 pm

I think the Police made the right decision in this very rare and isolated case. I don't however think it would have been right for say the visit of foreign dignity or during the signing in of a new Prime Minister.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 10, 2023, 7:52 pm

deankham wrote:
May 10, 2023, 7:36 pm
I think the Police made the right decision in this very rare and isolated case. I don't however think it would have been right for say the visit of foreign dignity or during the signing in of a new Prime Minister.
Hmmm

Even the police admit they got it wrong. The protestors say they got it wrong, I wouldn't mind betting if it comes to court, the judiciary will also say they got it wrong. Sorry Mr D, I cannot agree with you, LYM or tamada on this issue

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 10, 2023, 8:09 pm

I wonder if those on here who believe that the police got it right in this case, are equally confident that the thoroughly corrupt and incompetent Met (and other forces) won't further abuse the powers that have been handed to them under this draconian new legislation.

History indicates they will, and gleefully so.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 10, 2023, 8:31 pm

The police had to make "tough choices" while handling protests during the Coronation, a minister has said, following criticism over arrests.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-65515769

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 10, 2023, 8:45 pm

Cherry picking again noo? Your selectiive quote hardly sums up the article in full.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 10, 2023, 9:06 pm

The police had to make "tough choices" while handling protests during the Coronation, a minister has said, following criticism over arrests.

Culture Secretary Mandy Rice-Davies, aka Lucy Frazer, told BBC's Sunday with Laura Kuenssberg the police were right to factor in the scale and global-nature of the event.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-65515769

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 11, 2023, 3:19 am

jackspratt wrote:
May 10, 2023, 8:09 pm
I wonder if those on here who believe that the police got it right in this case, are equally confident that the thoroughly corrupt and incompetent Met (and other forces) won't further abuse the powers that have been handed to them under this draconian new legislation.

History indicates they will, and gleefully so.
Who handed the Met the powers and protections of "this draconian new legislation" and to what ends'?

~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 11, 2023, 8:30 am

Not cherry picked just the start of an obvious unreliable source since does not agree with you

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 11, 2023, 9:00 am

It is plain to see that there are some who are so ANTI-POLICE, that they prefer Peaceful life permanently disrupted by hose who think they can whenever they feel like it. These same people probably applaud the Americans for their stance on wearing guns openly and use them without fear .

We are talking about a very few people wh think their actions in causing chaos is representative of how society should be run. a mere couple of thousand as opposed to the millions who just want to live, access whatever whenever, without having o deal with people set on disruption

Sadly it is these couple of thousand who make the news NO the millions upset, disrupted and having to pt up with the often childish antics of these disruptors.

In regards to the coronations arrests, just think what would have happened had theu been successful, fights, people injure3d and possibly children hurt for why, because they could under the fact Britain is reasonably a free society or should millions be upset because of a few entitled demonstrators . Sorry I back the millions .

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 11, 2023, 10:01 am

And the minority are always wrong and need to be punished for not being sheep ......... tell that to the Tollpuddle martyrs, tell that to Emily Pankhurst etc etc

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 11, 2023, 10:07 am

stattointhailand wrote:
May 11, 2023, 10:01 am
And the minority are always wrong and need to be punished for not being sheep ......... tell that to the Tollpuddle martyrs, tell that to Emily Pankhurst etc etc
Go ahead, knock yourself out and glue yourself to the North Circular then. See if we care.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 11, 2023, 10:32 am

stattointhailand wrote:
May 11, 2023, 10:01 am
Or the 15-year old Thanalop who is still under arrest from when she was fourteen.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 11, 2023, 11:14 am

Khun Paul wrote:
May 11, 2023, 9:00 am
1. It is plain to see that there are some who are so ANTI-POLICE, that they prefer Peaceful life permanently disrupted by hose who think they can whenever they feel like it. These same people probably applaud the Americans for their stance on wearing guns openly and use them without fear .

2. We are talking about a very few people wh think their actions in causing chaos is representative of how society should be run. a mere couple of thousand as opposed to the millions who just want to live, access whatever whenever, without having o deal with people set on disruption

Sadly it is these couple of thousand who make the news NO the millions upset, disrupted and having to pt up with the often childish antics of these disruptors.

3. In regards to the coronations arrests, just think what would have happened had theu been successful, fights, people injure3d and possibly children hurt for why, because they could under the fact Britain is reasonably a free society or should millions be upset because of a few entitled demonstrators . Sorry I back the millions .
Lets analyse this a bit, this looks to me to be an unhinged rant.

1. The protestors were there to express their disappointment with the monarchy, not the police. To conflate their views on the monarchy with approval for American gun laws, is bizarre. There is no connection whatsoever

2. Support for the monarchy is down to 58% of the UK population. That is not mere thousands it is more than 28 million Britons. You blandly label protestors as disruptors without any evidence.

3. Pure conjecture, fights, children hurt, a statement again unsupported by evidence.

The only thing I agree with you is the term 'entitled demonstrators' yep under the laws and norms of a democracy, they are entitled.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 11, 2023, 11:48 am

Personally what others think on what I SAY is just an expression of their ideology. examine what , the simple fact they these so-called demonstrators were out with the intent of disruption during a heavily televised event hoping to garner some media coverage. while at the same time upsetting thousands ( not a few ) but thousands of people quite happily enjoying the day, their arrest was justified. I am sure with over 30 ears experience that if they had caused disrution there would be fightsd and injuries , common-sense els me that, do not need to have proof , what a silly statement , unlike you it was an expression of my experience. Your statement was made to attempt to discount what I said in a silly way.

American Gun laws were mentioned in response to previous statements made by others in regard to over policing, I submit that said over-policing prevented touble aka fights and injuries,but as usual my remarks have been carefully adjusted to mean something else. I have in the past been part of policing demonstrations some peaceful and others the opposite , I can tell you they although starting peaceful soon escalate and often caused by innocent members of the public getting really upset at the demonstration . NOT a pretty sight , peacful one minute and then within seonds a morass of people getting hit, etc, the worst are the women . OR would you prefer the American way of everyone carrying openly a gun /loaded and ready to fire ,with then deaths . maybe you would, speaks volumes about you Mr Whistler .

Support for the monarchy down or up, matters not it is what the British have at least unlike other countries they do not lie, commit offences against their own people, in fact they actually encourage income rather than fritter it away in assisting their sycophants .. Like in other so-called English speaking democratic countries

Finally as you admitted you emigrated maybe you should pay more attention to you current government rather than attempt to teach the British about theirs

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » May 11, 2023, 2:32 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
May 11, 2023, 11:48 am
. . . the American way of everyone carrying openly a gun /loaded and ready to fire . . . .
Everyone carries a gun in America? Openly?? No point in letting reality get in the way of a good argument, I suppose.

Return to “World News”