Are we truly Free

World news discussion forum
Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Are we truly Free

Post by Whistler » May 11, 2023, 2:47 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
May 11, 2023, 11:48 am
Personally what others think on what I SAY is just an expression of their ideology. examine what , the simple fact they these so-called demonstrators were out with the intent of disruption during a heavily televised event hoping to garner some media coverage. while at the same time upsetting thousands ( not a few ) but thousands of people quite happily enjoying the day, their arrest was justified. I am sure with over 30 ears experience that if they had caused disrution there would be fightsd and injuries , common-sense els me that, do not need to have proof , what a silly statement , unlike you it was an expression of my experience. Your statement was made to attempt to discount what I said in a silly way.

American Gun laws were mentioned in response to previous statements made by others in regard to over policing, I submit that said over-policing prevented touble aka fights and injuries,but as usual my remarks have been carefully adjusted to mean something else. I have in the past been part of policing demonstrations some peaceful and others the opposite , I can tell you they although starting peaceful soon escalate and often caused by innocent members of the public getting really upset at the demonstration . NOT a pretty sight , peacful one minute and then within seonds a morass of people getting hit, etc, the worst are the women . OR would you prefer the American way of everyone carrying openly a gun /loaded and ready to fire ,with then deaths . maybe you would, speaks volumes about you Mr Whistler .

Support for the monarchy down or up, matters not it is what the British have at least unlike other countries they do not lie, commit offences against their own people, in fact they actually encourage income rather than fritter it away in assisting their sycophants .. Like in other so-called English speaking democratic countries

Finally as you admitted you emigrated maybe you should pay more attention to you current government rather than attempt to teach the British about theirs
KP,

How come your posts always give me wry smile? I think it might be the inconsistency of your, statement,/posts/arguments/rants?

Now here is me a dual national, able to vote in Britain and Australia but somehow, according to you, I can not comment on British subjects.

Here is you, not an American citizen, and having emigrated to Thailand, can and did in this last post, make highly derisive comments about that country.

You are tangling yourself into knots without apparently recognising thus.

Just for grins, I have taken an active part in two of the biggest protests Australia has ever experienced. Against Vietnam, where there was some argy bargy at on event, but mostly peaceful and when 80,000 people marched in two protests, through Sydney to protest at Murdoch trying to kill of south Sydney football club. It was a happy and carnival like event.

Two protests that had great outcomes and allowing people to express their views, no babies were trampled, no brawls, all well organised and effective events.

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 11, 2023, 4:20 pm

Whistler wrote:
May 11, 2023, 2:47 pm
How come your posts always give me wry smile? I think it might be the inconsistency of your, statement,/posts/arguments/rants?
[Redacted]

During my visits to the US, I have never seen an ordinary citizen who is openly carrying a firearm.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 11, 2023, 5:36 pm

Udon Map wrote:
May 11, 2023, 2:32 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
. . . the American way of everyone carrying openly a gun /loaded and ready to fire . . . .
Everyone carries a gun in America? Openly?? No point in letting reality get in the way of a good argument, I suppose.
There are some states where that is allowed, so therefore I am correct, did I say ALL AMERICANS, no but assumption is dangerous .

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 11, 2023, 5:42 pm

Whistler wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:
Personally what others think on what I SAY is just an expression of their ideology. examine what , the simple fact they these so-called demonstrators were out with the intent of disruption during a heavily televised event hoping to garner some media coverage. while at the same time upsetting thousands ( not a few ) but thousands of people quite happily enjoying the day, their arrest was justified. I am sure with over 30 ears experience that if they had caused disrution there would be fightsd and injuries , common-sense els me that, do not need to have proof , what a silly statement , unlike you it was an expression of my experience. Your statement was made to attempt to discount what I said in a silly way.

American Gun laws were mentioned in response to previous statements made by others in regard to over policing, I submit that said over-policing prevented touble aka fights and injuries,but as usual my remarks have been carefully adjusted to mean something else. I have in the past been part of policing demonstrations some peaceful and others the opposite , I can tell you they although starting peaceful soon escalate and often caused by innocent members of the public getting really upset at the demonstration . NOT a pretty sight , peacful one minute and then within seonds a morass of people getting hit, etc, the worst are the women . OR would you prefer the American way of everyone carrying openly a gun /loaded and ready to fire ,with then deaths . maybe you would, speaks volumes about you Mr Whistler .

Support for the monarchy down or up, matters not it is what the British have at least unlike other countries they do not lie, commit offences against their own people, in fact they actually encourage income rather than fritter it away in assisting their sycophants .. Like in other so-called English speaking democratic countries

Finally as you admitted you emigrated maybe you should pay more attention to you current government rather than attempt to teach the British about theirs
KP,

Now here is me a dual national, able to vote in Britain and Australia but somehow, according to you, I can not comment on British subjects.

Here is you, not an American citizen, and having emigrated to Thailand, can and did in this last post, make highly derisive comments about that country.

You are tangling yourself into knots without apparently recognising thus.

Just for grins, I have taken an active part in two of the biggest protests Australia has ever experienced. Against Vietnam, where there was some argy bargy at on event, but mostly peaceful and when 80,000 people marched in two protests, through Sydney to protest at Murdoch trying to kill of south Sydney football club. It was a happy and carnival like event.

Two protests that had great outcomes and allowing people to express their views, no babies were trampled, no brawls, all well organised and effective events.
Emigrated means I am a Thai CITIZEN not so but merely a guest as you with your superior intelligence should know. So glad your TWO protests were peaceful happy for you, I was referring to over 30 #YEARS of dealing with protests, something you failed to pick up on, some small and some large and peaceful but others not so peaceful. Stating my experiences seem to bring out the elfs on the shelf that tell you to try to ridicule my posts. congratulations, now I know why I rarely bother these days even those who know better seem also unable to read english correctly as well`.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » May 11, 2023, 5:51 pm

Khun Paul wrote:
May 11, 2023, 5:36 pm
Udon Map wrote:
May 11, 2023, 2:32 pm
Khun Paul wrote:
. . . the American way of everyone carrying openly a gun /loaded and ready to fire . . . .
Everyone carries a gun in America? Openly?? No point in letting reality get in the way of a good argument, I suppose.
There are some states where that is allowed, so therefore I am correct, did I say ALL AMERICANS, no but assumption is dangerous.
No assumption, -- you specified everyone.
the American way of everyone carrying openly a gun
If you can find a meaningful difference between "the American way of everyone carrying openly a gun" and "all Americans", I hope that you'll share it.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 11, 2023, 5:52 pm

sorry KP, emigrated does not mean citizenship, I lived in Australia for 29 years before applying for citizenship

em·i·gra·tion
noun
the act of leaving one's own country to settle permanently in another; moving abroad.
"mass emigration from Ireland to the United States"
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 11, 2023, 5:54 pm

jackspratt wrote:
May 11, 2023, 4:20 pm
Whistler wrote:
[Redacted]

During my visits to the US, I have never seen an ordinary citizen who is openly carrying a firearm.
Go to the south side of Chicago next time you are in he U.S. to catch the White Sox in action. If you're lucky, you might even witness a gun fight in progress. On the other hand, it's safer on the north side going to see the Cubs.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » May 11, 2023, 5:56 pm

jackspratt wrote:
May 11, 2023, 4:20 pm
Whistler wrote:
I gather that you haven't been to Texas recently. ;)

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 12, 2023, 5:36 am

I bet he was a Scunthorpe supporter as well.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/0 ... -arrested/
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 12, 2023, 8:22 am

....arrested on suspicion of “potential to cause a breach of the peace”
God help the UK. :shock:

I hope she sues the arse off the "officer" and the Lincolnshire Flatfoots.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 12, 2023, 8:30 am

jackspratt wrote:
May 12, 2023, 8:22 am
....arrested on suspicion of “potential to cause a breach of the peace”
God help the UK. :shock:

I hope she sues the arse off the "officer" and the Lincolnshire Flatfoots.
Not to worry js, despite parliament (and the great British unwashed) being asleep at the wheel at the time these 'draconian' new laws were promulgated, once the incumbents are 'hoist by their own petard' next year, Sir Keir's Lifeguards will ride in and swiftly repeal most all of this 'egregious trampling of British civil liberties'.

At that juncture, waking up is optional...
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 12, 2023, 9:49 am

Okayu how about this scenaio, .Male caught in a shop doorway, with todger out pointing at he glass, arrest him or advise him to put it away.
ONE As he intendes to uinate would be a breach the other if it is shop door way of a ladies lingerie, just using it as a desire fix, again both breaches...areest or not .
Much has been said by the unknpowing and the plainly daft, but if people were intndinmg with their placcards of disrupting thje general peace then removing hem is the obvious way. Snowflakes may not like it, nor the protesters but I am sure most attending that day would say good riddance.

ANYONE ( semi-intelligent ) wish to object to that ?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 12, 2023, 10:40 am

Yep,

So a guy with his dick hanging out in at a lady's underwear shop is equivalent to a protester carrying a placard?

No, no and no. That is not intelligent, that is not even semi-intelligent, that is plain nuts

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 12, 2023, 10:52 am

Yes, but a thick as two short planks cop (and there is no shortage of them) may chose to ignore the distinction, or even be incapable of realising it.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 12, 2023, 11:11 am

tamada wrote:
May 12, 2023, 5:36 am
I bet he was a Scunthorpe supporter as well.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/0 ... -arrested/
retract that remark or i shall ask my legal team to take action ..... he was from Grimsby !!

Cops the world over are bent as a dogs back leg.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 12, 2023, 12:42 pm

KP's from Grimsby?

Well I'll be a late Spring snowflake...

KP was a cop, so was my dad and my maternal grandad. Different ethos back in them days though. Totally different. Could type fast without cockups too.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 16, 2023, 6:27 am

Police in Wisconsin have arrested a Jewish teacher they say threatened to use guns against his students after finding a drawing of swastikas in his classroom

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/jew ... e-99333864
via ABC News App
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 16, 2023, 7:20 am

Not sure what this has to do with being truly free. More a bizarre reaction to stupid little kids by a teacher that handled situation very badly. Lots guns though, was he going to blow the little darlings away?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 16, 2023, 11:30 am

Are we truly free ???

with the amount of full and part posts being culled it would appear we are not :lol: :lol: :lol:
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 16, 2023, 12:03 pm

Whistler wrote:
May 16, 2023, 7:20 am
Not sure what this has to do with being truly free. More a bizarre reaction to stupid little kids by a teacher that handled situation very badly. Lots guns though, was he going to blow the little darlings away?
The students had enough freedom of speech to post symbols probably knowing they would offend their teacher. The teacher, admittedly going a bit OTT on his freedom of speech, and no actual guns being proffered, gets charged with terrorism.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “World News”