Yellow ATM machines no charge fees...

All the latest happenings with the udonmap.com sponsors
docta
Udonmap Sponsor

Yellow ATM machines no charge fees...

Post by docta » June 21, 2010, 4:36 pm

Awhile back there was a thread with info about yellow ATM machines that didn't charge
a fee for using foreign debit cards.
Have searched for this thread with no luck.
Any help with locations of these yellow machines, or am I not remembering correctly?

Thanks...

malc123
udonmap.com

Re: Yellow ATM machines no charge fees...

Post by malc123 » June 21, 2010, 4:56 pm

I am sorry to report that the for last month they have also been charging 150baht.

malc123

grozza
udonmap.com

Post by grozza » June 21, 2010, 5:11 pm

are there any atms that don"t charge for transactions,if so could someone list them please.

kjellsnell
udonmap.com

Post by kjellsnell » June 21, 2010, 5:58 pm

There is no way you can use a foreign card in Thailand whitout bankcharges in an atmmaskin and if you use a card connect to a thai bank, u can only take out money whitout charge from a machine wich is connect to your bank and only in the same town otherwise they charged u 25 bath.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » June 21, 2010, 6:13 pm

grozza wrote:are there any atms that don"t charge for transactions,if so could someone list them please.
I've been using AEON ATM's, the machines don't indicate a 150bt fee and as far as I can tell I'm only being charged 40bt per withdrawal when I look at my bank statements.

Machines are located at Big C (top of escalator leading to food court), Tesco & Carrefore, Main Branch office on Phosi rd west of Makro. Machines are grey & purple and only dispense 1000bt notes.

http://www.aeon.co.th/lang/en/menu/Customer_Services

nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » June 21, 2010, 8:45 pm

I also use AEON machines,no charge and good rates!

grozza
udonmap.com

Post by grozza » June 22, 2010, 9:40 am

thanks for that 40bht has to better than 150bht.

WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

Post by WBU ALUM » June 22, 2010, 10:03 am

papaguido wrote:
grozza wrote:are there any atms that don"t charge for transactions,if so could someone list them please.
I've been using AEON ATM's, the machines don't indicate a 150bt fee and as far as I can tell I'm only being charged 40bt per withdrawal when I look at my bank statements.

Machines are located at Big C (top of escalator leading to food court), Tesco & Carrefore, Main Branch office on Phosi rd west of Makro. Machines are grey & purple and only dispense 1000bt notes.

http://www.aeon.co.th/lang/en/menu/Customer_Services
Great tip, papaguido!

douglas
udonmap.com

Post by douglas » June 22, 2010, 11:51 am

Hi,
Used a machine in Home Pro, never brought enough money with me. And did not have my Thai ATM card. To my surprise no 150 B fee.
I bank with lloyds. in Britain, and they charge about 3GBP per transaction from ATM machines out here, about 150B. What I do is every month I transfer money, once, to my Thai account and use my Thai ATM card. I find this is the cheapest way. IMO
Cheers Doug.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » June 22, 2010, 3:46 pm

If any Brits on here are in receipt of a govt pension they might like to know that the money can be paid direct into a Thai bank account, without charge, although the local bank here take a small fee .It is paid promptly every 28 days and normally received same day.The rate of exchange used is the highest T/T.When you use your Thai bank ATM it is of course free .
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » June 22, 2010, 4:05 pm

I presume it's still the case, is it Trubrit, that the Uk government don't increase it if they know you are living in Thailand?

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » June 22, 2010, 7:39 pm

arjay wrote:I presume it's still the case, is it Trubrit, that the Uk government don't increase it if they know you are living in Thailand?
Not just Thailand Arjay but any country outside the Eu and a few selected others .Your pension is frozen at the rate applicable to the date you departed .You might like to know however that if you go back for a minumum of 3 months you can apply to have your pension upgraded to the current rate at the time, then advise of your next departure shortly after and you will continue to receive the new rate as though it was your first departure . Worthwhile if you have been here a long time and not received the cost of living increase for a few years . :-"
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » June 22, 2010, 8:17 pm

Thanks TB. Apologies to the OP for the digression. :D

Bilko
udonmap.com

Post by Bilko » June 23, 2010, 12:41 am

As far as i know, the bank of Ayudhya(yellow) still dont charge. how long it will go on for is anybodys guess. theres about half a dozen dotted around town.

malc123
udonmap.com

Post by malc123 » June 23, 2010, 12:55 am

malc123 wrote:I am sorry to report that the for last month they have also been charging 150baht.

malc123

Charged me 150bath this week New Tesco's

malc123

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » June 23, 2010, 8:34 am

Bilko wrote:As far as i know, the bank of Ayudhya(yellow) still dont charge. how long it will go on for is anybodys guess. theres about half a dozen dotted around town.
They have always charged me when I've used their machines Bilko...

I am 99% sure that it's just Aeon left now.

douglas
udonmap.com

Post by douglas » June 24, 2010, 2:48 pm

Hi,
Agree with BB 100%. Ayudhya have always charged me when I used them. Tried this morning at Tescos. 150B charge came up and was asked if I still wanted to proceed with the transaction. I of course answered NO. Just checking.
Cheers Doug.

Bilko
udonmap.com

Post by Bilko » June 30, 2010, 3:00 am

Sorry lads for the bum information. It was a bum that gave it to me.( Pass me the donkeys head ). :-#

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » July 1, 2010, 2:18 pm

Well I tried all the ones that were suppose to not charge, the yellow, the pink….. none ever worked for me, except the “AEON”, but get a good exchange rate like I did before, not a chance, seems to be about a little more than a Baht difference per dollar from the going rate on say “Yahoo” and other listings, before all this 150 Baht stuff started to happen, I would get about the same rate as say “Yahoo”, plus when displaying the transaction on my account it listed the rate, now it is all zeros.

Therefore, the only good thing about “AEON” is that I can go back to small withdrawals and not be hit with the 150 Baht charge for each.

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » July 1, 2010, 2:58 pm

Get a bank account in a Thai bank.
Transfer money over as you require it.
There is no withdraw fee at your bank and at other branches it will be 20 baht. This way you're also not tempted to make very large withdrawals to avoid multiple fees.
As I see it, the only reason to pay 150 baht for a withdrawal is if you want to keep a line of credit open in a bank back home. Make one withdrawal a year or you might risk the bank telling you to take a hike.

Return to “Latest News From Our Sponsors”