The Blue Sky Says Goodbye to the Rain

This forum is for personal video clips or favourite clips from youtube etc. (Only videos relating to Udon Thani and Thailand please)
Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

The Blue Sky Says Goodbye to the Rain

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 1, 2009, 12:18 am

It seems that Udonthani has been inundated with vast amounts of rain over the last little while.

Indeed, my very good and close friend has told me that her leaky roof has created a flood in the 'lobby' of her house.

Of course, she means that some of this rain has found its way from empty spaces in her roof to the living room floor...and, no, I am not offering to pay to fix the leaky roof. The place will dry out by and by.

However, magic incantations from monks and soothsayers might speed up the coming of the drier weather.

In that regard, here is a very special spell for the residents of Udon from a high priestess. Of course, I mean Jintara who, not surprisingly, has a song entitled, 'The Blue Sky Says Goodbye to the Rain', and here it is...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N85AfJuXGsw&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N85AfJuXGsw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

The set seems to be the same one used for the 'Taewan Daeng' song. Jintara is singing not so much about ending the rain in Udonthani as she is concerned with a Roi-Et lady who is shedding rivers of tears because her faen broke a promise.

westerby
udonmap.com

Re: The Blue Sky Says Goodbye to the Rain

Post by westerby » June 1, 2009, 3:29 am

Now I was expecting a ballad or lament after your indepth preamble Uncle Tilo but this song is rather jaunty. I see the lady is sporting her usual bob to hide those oversize hoo! :lol:

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 1, 2009, 3:54 am

Yes, the introduction and joyful song/dance do not match somehow.

I think this is because Jintara is telling the Roi-Et girl to forget this ungrateful lying phu baao since there will be another plane load of farangs landing in 5 minutes time...or something like that. Ask Nang Westerby for proper and full information.

Mai pen rai what, der.

As for the hidden huu yaai (big ears), your question does remind me of that cute little girl, Cinderella, who exclaimed, 'Is that a banana in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me'? and the man/wolf answered, '...', wait, we have the wrong fairy tale here.

Of course I mean and the nice little sweetie dressed up in red noted of the wolf, 'what big ears you have', and he answered, 'all the better to hear you with', and so on.
But never mind, Goldilocks did not get eaten by the Big Bad Wolf, nor did Little Red Riding Hood stay in his tummy for long, but two of the three little Mexican pigs got eaten and gave the flu to their nemisis who passed in on to the world.

bugseda
udonmap.com

Post by bugseda » June 1, 2009, 6:21 am

Someone needs a reality check here and it could very well could be me.

I like Jintara's songs as much as the next guy. Who doesn't like warm and fuzzy feel good music, but to suggest that a song can put a spell on the current raining situation in Udorn is like saying.... never mind I won't say it here.

But If you believe in spells, maybe she could sing a song about weakening the baht.

Personally I would much rather have a weakened baht than less rain this year.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 1, 2009, 6:28 am

Oh, Khun bugseda, I am just try to inject some good-natured humour into the rainy season in Udonthani.

No, I do not believe in magic, soothsayers or supernatural powers of any kind, and this song can do nothing to reduce the rainfall.

However, it was my thinking that the song could bring a smile to the faces of some people, and make them realise that drier days are ahead.

Jintara is pretty good at improving one's mood as you note.

Let's see if she has a song about the baht as we would all like to see that dive.

Speaking of which $1 Canada = 30.41 baht, a nice improvement of $1 Canada = 27 baht a few months ago.

This is a light-hearted thread not a serious one...I hope.

Enjoy.

Marmite The Dog
udonmap.com

Post by Marmite The Dog » June 2, 2009, 9:07 am

Why can I never see the embedded youtube vids on this forum? :(

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » June 2, 2009, 12:01 pm

Marmite The Dog wrote:Why can I never see the embedded youtube vids on this forum? :(
Check your browser settings. If using IE, embedded youtube videos will not show if your security settings are set too high.

westerby
udonmap.com

Post by westerby » June 3, 2009, 3:55 am

Tilokarat wrote:Jintara is pretty good at improving one's mood as you note.
Oh yes, I have to agree with that, I'd like to see the lady live. Have you seen her perform her music or met her, Uncle Tilo?

Jintara singing about the exchange rate - a bit dry isn't it? Getting her to sing about paint drying would be more exciting.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 3, 2009, 4:20 am

Khun Westerby, one would have to agree with you that even if she were accompanied by her usual bevy of bare-midriff dancers, a song by Jintara about the complications of currency problems would render most of us catatonic.

No, I have not seen Jintara perform live. Apparently, she performs live from September through March or May, which means I can get to see her this summer if Jintara has a concert prior to 16 September.

I am having great difficulty finding out what her September schedule is; however, Nang Westerby might be able to give us an answer if she goes to, jintarafanclub.com and wades through the mass of information.

My close and good friend tells me her time would be better spent utilising my money to make purchases of clothes, jewels, roof repairs, lobby cleaning, water tank and heater, a new car...well, the list is endless, or, as she says, goes to infinity, rather than going online to get information about Jintara for me.

I am off to teach in about 40 minutes.

westerby
udonmap.com

Post by westerby » June 3, 2009, 4:27 am

No worries, Uncle Tilo. I shall ask my little rat snake to glean as much info as she can from the website and see what she comes up with....just as soon as she's off the 'phone to her fat sisters (how long's a piece of string?).

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 3, 2009, 4:40 am

Merci beaucoup, and I do trust you have one of those telephone providers that permits you to call Thailand and speak for three days on end for a mere pittance.

Return to “Udon Thani & Thailand Video Clips”