Big Trouble in Tourist Thailand

This forum is for personal video clips or favourite clips from youtube etc. (Only videos relating to Udon Thani and Thailand please)
Prenders88
udonmap.com

Big Trouble in Tourist Thailand

Post by Prenders88 » September 9, 2009, 1:21 pm

Look at this clip from this new documentary from Bravo TV.

Watch for JJ the Jetski guy who pulls a gun over a argument about damage.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i9Bjmemu474&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i9Bjmemu474&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

pompui
udonmap.com

Re: Big Trouble in Tourist Thailand

Post by pompui » September 9, 2009, 1:44 pm

Must be the same one that has been talked about on the forum at Teakdoor.Interesting comments made :D

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » September 9, 2009, 3:33 pm

'I sit and drink beer on the beach'...'i don't use Jet ski'.............the message is simple, tourist should not use Jet Ski.........then he won't be able to sit on the beach drinking beer waiting for the next 'punter'....should be shown on flights heading into Thailand...........if you have damaged it i am sure you should pay something...but extrortionate prices and then someone producing a gun..!!! No Way,and remember folks he can shoot you if you are on his property... 8-[
Can You Dig It Dug.?

seymourbutts
udonmap.com

Post by seymourbutts » September 9, 2009, 4:19 pm

What a total jerk policeman Tim was!!!! Obviously fresh off his "how to deal with aggressive talking thais" course....
Remember Tim, stand your ground!! Shout louder than said loud thai, prove your boy is innocent and then tell the lad to pay more than the jet ski is worht in damage you proved he never did!!! great Work Tim, your my hero!!! i bet those boys were so grateful he came along!!! Why didnt he bring along the Tourist Police and the BIB, for the cameras they would have arrested JJ for threatening with a gun, no licence, attempted theft etc etc.. For the cameras remember as we all know in real life he would have to pay the BIB as well as JJ....

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » September 9, 2009, 4:38 pm

My brother told me about the programme, he has Sky and watched it Monday night.
JJ toting his gun on TV, and now shown around the World via You Tube, it has done untold damage to Thailands reputation. I wonder how TAT will handle this :-k

If it was done for the cameras, the stunt has gone tits up.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » September 9, 2009, 5:38 pm

"Sawasdee"....."Welcome to the land of smiles".

gonna have to watch all these now.....only viewed beer drinking JJ and his Gun antics.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

MALC
udonmap.com

Post by MALC » September 9, 2009, 9:23 pm

i put a message on udon map last month. about me and wife sat on beach in patts. watching tourist getting ripped off big time with jet ski;s day after day. bib where in on it. this is thailand guys. get used to it.

mally
udonmap.com

Post by mally » September 10, 2009, 6:18 am

I saw this on TV in the UK last night, I was with a couple who were complentating a trip to LOS for Xmas. His reaction was "Hmmm" , her reaction was "Forget Thailand, no way am I going there !"
Forget the airfare (could be with anybody), but, 2 weeks in a 4/5 star hotel, spends for 2 people on hol who want to see / try evertything, drinks & meals etc:, and LOS has just lost about 200,000 baht on this couple alone.
I bet TOT just loved that program, or in reality, didn't give a damn, after all, they have predicted "the tourists WILL return next year".

Farang1
udonmap.com

Post by Farang1 » September 10, 2009, 6:28 am

mally wrote:I saw this on TV in the UK last night, I was with a couple who were complentating a trip to LOS for Xmas. His reaction was "Hmmm" , her reaction was "Forget Thailand, no way am I going there !"
Forget the airfare (could be with anybody), but, 2 weeks in a 4/5 star hotel, spends for 2 people on hol who want to see / try evertything, drinks & meals etc:, and LOS has just lost about 200,000 baht on this couple alone.
I bet TOT just loved that program, or in reality, didn't give a damn, after all, they have predicted "the tourists WILL return next year".
Probably more than that when you figure in how much they could have scammed them for.
SNAFU

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » September 10, 2009, 3:31 pm

The story has been covered by the Times via Andrew Drummond, a freelance journalist based in Bangkok.

http://www.andrew-drummond.com/2009/09/ ... hai-mafia/

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 10, 2009, 3:42 pm

Bit hard to feel much concern for the marine....
The boisterous Marines were officially warned by their officers not to hire jet skis on the beaches of the holiday island as this was the most expensive rip-off of all.
Should have left him to pay the 60,000 might have taught him a lesson.... :shock:

Agree will do nothing to suggest to anyone in UK that Thailand is anything like a good place to visit on holiday. There are magazine full of deals - I guess many people will be ignoring the Thailand section...

Ter
udonmap.com

Post by Ter » September 10, 2009, 3:55 pm

This scam is not only confined to Thailand, I have seen it going on in greece and Turkey :pirate:

dee
udonmap.com

Post by dee » September 10, 2009, 7:01 pm

jj has been arrestted by the BIB in phuket.

dee

izzix
udonmap.com

Big trouble in Thailand TV programe

Post by izzix » September 10, 2009, 7:15 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9Bjmemu474

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5rh9SRp9Hc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_0vZrpQ8QU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJXNQEvddjw

recenty aired about a group of marines that were threatened with a gun by a jetski scammer in phuket for alleged damages compensation

izzix
udonmap.com

Post by izzix » September 10, 2009, 7:19 pm

seymourbutts
udonmap.com

Post by seymourbutts » September 10, 2009, 9:46 pm

dee wrote:jj has been arrestted by the BIB in phuket.

dee
So now JJ is going to have to double his scamming to pay off the BIB!!!!! TiT :D

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » September 10, 2009, 10:44 pm

[quote="seymourbutts"][quote="dee"]jj has been arrestted by the BIB in phuket.

I wonder how all the other Jet Ski operators in Phuket feel about JJ and his 15 minutes of fame.
JJ's antics, has shined the spotlight from the Thai Government on all the tourist scams in Phuket.
Som na na. :badteeth:

I just knew the nonsense would hit the fan after that programme was transmitted.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » September 11, 2009, 4:40 pm

In reality if JJ got smart with a couple of Marines he would find himself in Hospital 8) why would someone run away when they were accused of damaging a machine when it's clear they didn't, and why would they end up in JJ's home surrounded by his deadbeat mates when all could have kicked off on the beach. This is nothing more than a wined up, f@ck the little scroat :evil:

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » September 11, 2009, 4:57 pm

don't you just love international news/pressure, though any real change, would be the exception. once out of the press, i find things simply return to the same old scams. i though the jet ski scams were as well known as the KSR bus scams, but yet, every day someone gets scammed.

updated propaganda: http://www.phuketgazette.net/news/

talk of making insurance mandatory, so tourist don't need to worry about damage. wonder if this will be the same excellent coverage for cars and motorbikes that cover basically nothing.

another reason i would never recommend Thailand as a tourist destination. especially for a yank, the distance and expense just to get here, and absolutely nothing world class, except the scams.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » September 11, 2009, 10:35 pm

According to the news on Home cable, JJ is claiming that the whole indecent is a set up and he was paid by an Englishman to act out the scene for the sake of the cameras?

Return to “Udon Thani & Thailand Video Clips”