Making custom mount for the go pro

This forum is for personal video clips or favourite clips from youtube etc. (Only videos relating to Udon Thani and Thailand please)
bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » September 13, 2015, 9:28 am

This was the trickest video I have done actually filmed over two days and photos in the middle. As far as mounts are concerned I 'm done not going to get any better then this.

https://youtu.be/5FwwFiHJjhQ

I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Gar
udonmap.com

Post by Gar » September 17, 2015, 9:45 am

Nice mount. I've also seen people have good results just sticking a flat mount on top of the front brake reservoir. With a short windscreen or no windscreen there's no worries moving the forks stop to stop. Unfortunately for me, I have a tall windscreen on a CB500X (forks move, windscreen doesn't) so I don't think either option would work for me. Might be good for my wife's CB300F.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » September 17, 2015, 7:41 pm

I have the seven hundred, not much room on the handle bars to use the normal Go Pro mount that comes with it. I have mounted it on helmet. S Doesn't work for me I'm always looking around me. I bought the chest mount all I saw was the instrument panel.

You see the results with this one. Before I have to edit the shakey part of the video in U Tube, made the picture look strange. This one I just uploaded as it was. The guy only charged me 500 baht to do it. Might get for less now that he knows what to do. Be easier for him as well. I'm sure it will work just fine on the 500 as well.

Hopefully I gave enough instructions and videos that you can find it if you want to. I would recommend this one, sturdy and easy to use. Once it mounted all you have to adjust is the up and down.

You can reach it easily to turn and off record.

Thanks

Gar
udonmap.com

Re: Making custom mount for the go pro

Post by Gar » September 19, 2015, 10:07 am

I looked for the place yesterday on my way to HomePro. Good directions, easy to see the shop

Gar
udonmap.com

Post by Gar » September 19, 2015, 7:50 pm

Here's a vid I made using the chest mount with the buckle on the top (gopro upside-down). I think I used the J mount too. My GoPro will switch orientation in the menu, but I'm not sure they all do that. (This is my first GoPro.) On a bike without a tall screen, I think it worked out pretty well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC2FY9URrsM

The same setup on my 500 was less than stellar. I definitely have to figure out something different on the 500, or change to a clear screen. (Clip < 1min)
https://goo.gl/photos/Kcy5gZLq6J3TGi2S9

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » September 20, 2015, 3:23 pm

Here is mine with the chest mount I do have a high windshield

https://youtu.be/uUessNxGLqE

I like my new mount better each to his own.

No windshield would be better. But, this bike is for touring as you know direct wind can get very tiring after several hours

Gar
udonmap.com

Post by Gar » September 21, 2015, 3:23 pm

Exactly! And I am far more attached to my tall wind screen than I am to my chest mount. :-) Earlier in the year I rode from here to Pattaya and back. The screen was very nice.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » September 21, 2015, 3:49 pm

Decide you want a mount give me a yell. Guy has it down pat now. Took two try's for mine
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Return to “Udon Thani & Thailand Video Clips”