House insurance.

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
parrot
udonmap.com

House insurance.

Post by parrot » July 18, 2012, 2:14 pm

I just finished exchanging several emails with MSIG concerning the insurance on our home and added worker's comp for our gardener/maid. Each of my inquiries was answered promptly and in English.
Of all the companies I've dealt with in Thailand over the years, Viriyah and MSIG (both Bangkok branches) have been the easiest to deal with.
MSIG Insurance (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
Tel.02788 8888 Ext. 8222 Mobile : +66 (0)8 5810 5358
Email: [email protected] | Website: www.msig-thai.com

Panty Hamster
udonmap.com

House insurance.

Post by Panty Hamster » July 18, 2012, 4:17 pm

I was treated like someone who would try and trick them with some kind of scam and told to go away and come back with photos of my house and contents.
It's a mind game -- they're trying to convince you they're honest, responsible and thorough. Even if they insured you, the first time you make a claim, they're full-throttle trying to weasel out of paying for any of it. How much effort would it take an insurance agent to ask for photos (proof), decline the coverage, and then pass the treasure map off to her cousin Somchai who has enormous EuroCup debts?

Snakes the lot.

parrot
udonmap.com

House insurance.

Post by parrot » July 18, 2012, 6:01 pm

"It's a mind game"

Sorry, Panty, I made a claim, via email with jpg photos attached, about 2 years after I signed up with them. They emailed a pdf form, I filled it out and signed it, took a photo of the signed form and sent it to them. I got the check, no further questions. Oh, if Index could have been as easy.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

House insurance.

Post by FrazeeDK » July 19, 2012, 10:04 pm

Parrot notes that Viriyah is also a pretty decent insurance company. We have "Class I" auto (full comprehensive with no deductible) insurance with them.. Recently I managed to ricochet my truck off the gate post causing some damage. Isuzu wouldn't touch it and said "go to your insurance company." Viriyah's main Udon office is about 300 meters inside the ring road on Rte 2 just south of the military hospital. We drove over, took about 45 minutes to make a claim and then went to Viriyah's "designated" repair shop which is on the ring road just south of the railroad tracks to drop off the paperwork. The repair shop ordered the necessary parts and about a week and a half later (we had to go by to check, they didn't call us as promised) brought the truck by for repairs. We dropped it off at 0930 Monday and picked it up around 1800 Tuesday.. Job completed and done well. They would have washed the truck too but we'd been waiting for it an hour and they were past closing time.... Oh, BTW, the parts were genuine Isuzu right out of the box new, not seconds or knock-offs.. Viriyah also has a policy sales office at AEK Udon that you pass as you drive back to the parking area.
Dave

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”