Experince with loan shark

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
Mosquito
udonmap.com

Re: Experince with loan shark

Post by Mosquito » June 20, 2018, 1:37 pm

worth verifying that's the only loan the wife has outstanding. my experience, if this is a long standing loan odds are the ex borrowed the money to make some of the previous payments.

there is always more than 1 loan shark (set of guys on motorbike) visiting the village daily.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » June 20, 2018, 2:47 pm

I would forget the lawyer,he's got no real say in the matter and will probably collude with the loan shark and pull your pants down even more.the more people you involve the more heads will be at the trough.its her problem,your not with her and she best get a job.parasitic liar.has she got proof you were with her when she had the loan?

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 20, 2018, 6:17 pm

Not worried about the Lawyer a friend of ten tears seldom accepts money from me. I have found three loans so far . Is that all of them Got me.

The question that needs answering is the farrang husband liable for bills he had no knowledge of ?

Maybe even though you might be divorced now
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » June 20, 2018, 6:28 pm

I agree on the forget the lawyer part. They'll just be brought to heel.

If these people want what you have, they will get it one way or another.

Best to cut off all communications and hire guards, sell your property holdings however possible, resurface in another area.

Hoping you can solve it, but I have yet to see any lawyer, cop, judge or village strongman prevail in such matters unless the farang was able to make the former wife suffer a fate 10x worse than the loan sharks, and have the loan sharks running in fear.

Not possible when you have an address, known location, and are on a visa in a foreign land. And difficult even when you are a roving untouchable threat.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » June 20, 2018, 9:54 pm

Still think file a report at police station give copy to whoever demands money I had loan sharks banks credit companies the works at my door 6 years ago I kept the house never paid a penny and am still alive and not hiding either

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » June 21, 2018, 1:11 am

dunroaming wrote:
June 20, 2018, 9:54 pm
Still think file a report at police station give copy to whoever demands money I had loan sharks banks credit companies the works at my door 6 years ago I kept the house never paid a penny and am still alive and not hiding either
That's a good success rate. Are you over 5' 6" tall LOL? Scary tattoos? Under 45? :D

Every cop we've ever heard of up here dealing with that stuff wound up profiting massively in both cash and booze and who knows what else.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » June 21, 2018, 6:43 am

Bumper, I put your last question to my wife..

she said first off that there should be a contract when your ex took out the loan..she would have signed it..
if you did not sign it, you do not need to pay., or the family do not need to pay, if there was one..
it is the person who signed the contract who pays..

my wife then turned around and said, if you have kids to your ex, then you should help her, but why I asked, because she is looking after them, and he needs to help..

she also said that if the loan happened when you were married /together, and then you got divorced, your ex should have said upon divorce that she had the loan and could you pay it as part of divorce settlement..

it sounds lie your ex is trying to use you to get out of her problem

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 21, 2018, 9:18 am

Police are on the agenda. Of course she wants to dump it on me Macca. Thanks for the input. The village has gotten down the sharks throat who lives here as well dropped the cost 60,000 baht overnight.

Nothing is going to happen until I see the contact and the payments made. If the wife was truthful ( who knows ) with the aspect of interest it is a criminal matter. There limits on how much interest that can charged I'm not good on math But, right now looks like more then a 100%

I will know more in the next few days.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » June 21, 2018, 12:41 pm

In the situation outlined, what protection does a farang have where there is a registered 30 year lease in place when the property title has been offered up as collateral to the loan shark?

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » June 21, 2018, 1:57 pm

wouldnt the lease hold strong, and run with any new owners if the property was taken over by the shark..

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 21, 2018, 2:37 pm

Bumper you mentioned 3 loans so far, points to a larger problem.
Loans no matter how small or large have some possession guaranteed against them. Bike, car , gold , house etc. If you are worried about the lease then I would be wanting to see who has possession of the land papers. If not in her possession and can't be sighted then its not hard to guess who has them. That could be a problem with a lease arrangement.
Hope you sort it out mate in your favour.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » June 21, 2018, 2:53 pm

minimiglia wrote:
June 20, 2018, 6:28 am

It was more likely her Thai husband, not brother
Definately Brother

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 21, 2018, 3:54 pm

The house is financed.

The small bike was used once her bother paid that one off and committed to paying them all off.

Spoke to my attorney I don't have a problem no obligation to pay

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » June 22, 2018, 9:23 am

Exwife = exproblem.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 22, 2018, 9:32 am

A P.S. my attorney didn't charge me anything. Not all attorneys are con men I have seen my fair share ill I met this and we have become friends for over a decade. Would he charge someone else for the same thing yes. He always was doing something for Wa'ts ect., if he would not charge me I would donate to his projects I'm not Buddhist But. I respect others rights to believe as they wish. So I think that is how we became friends.

Some times things come back to you good and bad over the years I loaned a lot of money to me brother in law, knowing I would never get paid back. He stepped up to pay the bills, that gets all the pressure off me. The loan Sharks can talk to him.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 22, 2018, 10:34 am

dunroaming wrote:
June 20, 2018, 9:54 pm
I want to do this however I have not seen the contract, to much hearsay at this point. So how did you go about this?

Papa is right once it's paid back it will just keep going. Gold has already been stolen, tapped my bank accounts. I had to get all new ATM cards. One was coming from America, so I can't get the money from there. Until that card arrives. I have about 10K now for the next week before my retirement comes All the real bills were paid in cash by me. So 10K is plenty for one week. The things I have written about here are recent events I have no idea what else may be out there.

Dunroaming how much evidence did you have to produce to get the letter?

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » June 22, 2018, 11:09 am

bumper have sent pm

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 22, 2018, 4:25 pm

Nothing there I think you have to have 100 posts before you can do that

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » June 22, 2018, 4:28 pm

Okay misses says report called Daily Report statement of facts, just need copy of divorce papers and explain situation

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 22, 2018, 4:29 pm

Thanks

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”