Shower Cleaning Hint

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Shower Cleaning Hint

Post by Bandung_Dero » July 29, 2021, 6:41 pm

I completed a makeover of our ab nam about 6 months ago. Included was a 40K baht shower recess.
It has plexi glass panels that quickly built up with calcium from our bore water and soap stains etc.

I did some research and came up with a solution of ha sip, ha sip blue duck toilet cleaner and white vinegar, once a week with easy application works a treat.

Today I find some of my faucet filters are blocked, pored some of my solution into a cup and through the filters in - fizzed off was like throwing an anti-acid into water and came out crystal clean.

Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

papafarang
udonmap.com

Re: Shower Cleaning Hint

Post by papafarang » July 29, 2021, 8:05 pm

vinegar and baking powder, dont use toilet duck as it will dissolve the grout
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » July 29, 2021, 8:23 pm

If your shower discharges into a septic tank (proper one not just a soak away) do not use off the shelf chemicals such as toilet duck. It completely screws the chemical breakdown that makes septic tanks work. Same for the throne as well of course. Deans idea of vinegar and baking powder is just as good if not better and does not screw the natural anaerobic actions that take place in the tank.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 30, 2021, 2:51 am

If you ever find that your septic's been buggered by a buildup of inappropriate chemical additives, get it suctioned out and then throw in a dead cat to get the process restarted.

IIRC, that sage bit of advice came from a (much younger) BD during a heavy, after-work Castlemaine XXXX session in a campsite beside a dried out creek bed somewhere outside Barcaldine back when we truly were hansum men (still are but).

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » July 30, 2021, 8:41 am

papafarang wrote:
July 29, 2021, 8:05 pm
vinegar and baking powder, dont use toilet duck as it will dissolve the grout
Tried that solution 1st up, wasn't very successful. The shower recess is modular - fibre glass base, acrylic walls and plexi glass panels/doors, NO TILES.

Waste water from the bathroom, kitchen, laundry etc. feeds to a 15 metre leach drain bypassing the septic tanks. The leach drain has only needed cleaning once (about 7 years ago) in the 20 odd years it's been in place, I pump out the septic's (digesters) every 5 years or so and flush the plumbing with Caustic Soda at the same time.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 30, 2021, 9:09 am

tamada wrote:
July 30, 2021, 2:51 am
If you ever find that your septic's been buggered by a buildup of inappropriate chemical additives, get it suctioned out and then throw in a dead cat to get the process restarted.

IIRC, that sage bit of advice came from a (much younger) BD during a heavy, after-work Castlemaine XXXX session in a campsite beside a dried out creek bed somewhere outside Barcaldine back when we truly were hansum men (still are but).
have live cat will that do

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » July 30, 2021, 11:47 am

Our village water is so hard that it clogs the shower head. I have the proper size jar lid and put the clogged shower part in the lid and soak it overnight with Duck. My wife used to wash the car and truck. She neglected to wipe off the glass and the windows were left with white water spots. I used a sponge, rubber glove and Duck to clean them.

Return to “House & Land”