Floor tiling

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
nickboyuk
udonmap.com

Floor tiling

Post by nickboyuk » May 22, 2023, 2:02 pm

I am looking for someone reliable that can to do a good job replacing/laying floor tiles. Quite a few have come loose. Does anyone know a reliable tiler. Thanks. ps I can't do it myself as i am not permanently in \\udon, so my wife wants to arrange it.

deankham
udonmap.com

Re: Floor tiling

Post by deankham » May 22, 2023, 2:48 pm

Hi Nick,

We had some work done on old house about 6 months ago.

Struggled like mad to find anyone decent. All recommendations we had were busy for months in advance.

In the end we used a service provided by HomePro. They have a Design & Install service where they will give you a confirmed price to do the works and arrange / manage the people to do it.
As it is in HomePro you also buy all the materials needed for the job at the store.

We had a friend who said he'd used Homepro before for fitting some and they did a terrible job. But what he actually did was buy the doors at Homepro and get the number of someone to fit them from the sales guy in the door section. This is not the service I'm talking about.

The people who did our works (Ceiling repair, laminate flooring, ceramic tiling, door replacement) were really good. Every day they would check in when arriving at site using a Line message group, show all pictures or materials used, pictures of the job, etc.
They were managed by HomePro (inspector would come and check up on them and do final sign-off with us) so we didn't get asked to buy extra materials, give them lunch / beer, pay more for this and that, etc.

The only negative with the whole experience is it was definitely more expensive than paying a worker directly to do the works. Apart from that we would definitely use this service again.

Good luck

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » May 22, 2023, 4:44 pm

We are lucky to have ONE excellent tile layer near our home in Loei province. We have learned the hard way that it is better for us to put our name on his long list of waiting jobs.

nickboyuk
udonmap.com

Post by nickboyuk » May 22, 2023, 7:27 pm

deankham wrote:
May 22, 2023, 2:48 pm
Hi Nick,

We had some work done on old house about 6 months ago.

Good luck
Cheers Dean, my wife will more than likely be getting the new tiles from there anyway, I'll get her to get a quote and we want a decent job done

Return to “House & Land”