Plumbing

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
TicToc
udonmap.com

Plumbing

Post by TicToc » September 18, 2010, 8:33 am

Looking for a decent plumbing shop,any recommendations?
After a 90 degree elbow,1/2 threaded one end and the other end the collar type that fits onto the shower inlet/outlet.
Have tried Tool Pro,St Mall,Home Pro,Global.
Any help would be appreciated.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Re: Plumbing

Post by papaguido » September 18, 2010, 9:00 am

I don't recall ever seeing it, then again I really wasn't looking. You try HomeMart (up the road from HomePro.

Also print out the pic below and use as a reference, you might get lucky.

http://www.rooterdetroit.com/plumber/im ... Shower.jpg

TicToc
udonmap.com

Post by TicToc » September 18, 2010, 9:06 am

Thanks papaguido, this elbow is going to connect to an electric shower,so
that the plumbing will be hidden in the wall.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » September 18, 2010, 11:08 am

TicToc wrote:Looking for a decent plumbing shop,any recommendations?
I always look in Global and ToolPro, and sometimes some local small shops.
TicToc wrote: After a 90 degree elbow,1/2 threaded one end and the other end the collar type that fits onto the shower inlet/outlet.
Have tried Tool Pro,St Mall,Home Pro,Global.
Any help would be appreciated.
Not sure what you are looking for, but I have a ½ 90º elbow with male threads on one end and the other end will glue to ½ PVC. I must have gotten it at Global. If it will work for you, you can have it.

TicToc
udonmap.com

Post by TicToc » September 18, 2010, 12:36 pm

Thanks for the offer RLTrader, but thats not quite what i am looking for,it's got to have the nut/collar the other end,so i can remove shower if it packs up.
Cheers.

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » September 18, 2010, 12:45 pm

Something like this TicToc? You can add a short nipple if you need a male pipe thread.
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (3.41 KiB) Viewed 1310 times

TicToc
udonmap.com

Post by TicToc » September 18, 2010, 1:14 pm

Not quite Shado,like this but with 1/2 thread at the bottom instead of pushfit. Sorry not good photo.
Attachments
80.jpg
80.jpg (5.92 KiB) Viewed 1301 times

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » September 18, 2010, 1:36 pm

Like everything here, you are going to need to either have it ship here from somewhere, or make do by piecing together something.

Like with sink drains, some come with the piping and some don't, as I have found. I bought a Stone double sink, no piping, I had to order it at Global, and even though they had what I wanted at the store, I had to wait 3 or 4 weeks to get it. They just would not sell me the item that comes free with one of their sinks. So I had to choose, buy a 1500 baht sink, or wait for a 500 baht kit.

As plumbing goes, there is NO winning here in Thailand.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 18, 2010, 6:31 pm

There are 2 or 3 plumbing shops about 100-150meters past the water fountain circle as you're heading toward Makro, on your right hand side. The last shop in that group is the best (IMO), a few older ladies have been running it for a zillion years. Bring a photo of what you need. If it's available, in all likelihood, they'll have it.
If that fails, as you're heading toward the Banhui market from the clock circle, about 50meters before the Banhui market traffic light, on your right hand side, there's a plumbing shop that mostly deals in slow flow drip equipment. It's possible they'll have it.

TicToc
udonmap.com

Post by TicToc » September 18, 2010, 6:59 pm

Many thanks,will give that a try tomorrow.
Thanks all for your help.

janjenny83

Post by janjenny83 » September 22, 2010, 9:53 pm

It seems that you only need to setup the pipes into your bathroom. That diagram is a good preference on setting it up. You just need the proper tubes and complete elbows like the 90 degree elbow.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 23, 2010, 3:48 pm

having done all the plumbing in my house at least once repairing or renewing following c*** Thai workmanship , most of what you have talked about is available, the only real problem is that you have to look for it.
if you go to Tool pro they do have a customer place where you can look at books and order what you want. Yoi have to ask, they have recently enlarged their domestic bathroom dept so I am sure with a good transalator you can get what you need.

The elbows mentioned I have seen in global but they are not always there.

Stock control in Thailand is almost nil, so if they run out they wait for new stock it seems. Home Por might also have what you need but it is like talking to the dumb dept if you ask for anything.

Keep looking I am sure you will find it.

TicToc
udonmap.com

Post by TicToc » September 23, 2010, 5:54 pm

Thanks guys,tried the three old ladies that parrot talked about but no joy.
Anyway have got round the problem now by using the water flow control valve that comes with the shower,(fits on the inlet)it has a swivel joint on the end.
By the way if you need someone who speaks english in HomePro just ask for Jaeb at customer services.

Return to “House & Land”