Fruit Trees

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Fruit Trees

Post by parrot » October 26, 2017, 1:37 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
October 26, 2017, 11:56 am
Barney wrote:
October 25, 2017, 8:10 pm
Great photos guys,
nice clean yards, hope to have something similar in a few years of experimenting.
Hi Barney

Yes sometimes.

I know it is off topic, but when I placed the lawn, it didn't have much top soil underneath it and pretty much just sat on the harder clay surface with some fertilizer and it took and grew.

I am now looking to raise the level (built it up and get the lawn to grow thicker) and thought about slowly adding thin layers of washed sand on top of the lawn, hoping the lawn will not die and slowly grow through the added sand.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to build up the level, without killing off the lawn

I don't have a green thumb and tend to kill most plants that I look at :-"

pipoz4444
We have an established lawn (a variety of Malaysian grass??). We had a problem in our yard this rainy season with runoff, so my gardener put out a boundary of sand to direct the water to a different area. As you can see in the photo, in some spots, several inches of sand were washed into the grass....but the grass is growing right through.
Our land was pretty much void of anything except weeds and a few trees when we bought it. We began planting sprigs of grass plucked from vacant wetland next door.....I expected it wouldn't survive in the sand/clay that was on our land. But with water and loving care, the grass has taken over most of our land.
Attachments
rps20171026_123203_103.jpg

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » October 26, 2017, 2:42 pm

Thanks Parrot looks like adding the sand may work.

May take time to raise it up 50mm

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » October 26, 2017, 7:06 pm

Im in Abu Dhabi right now

So is Barney, How much sand do you need ??

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » October 27, 2017, 9:33 am

hiya Pipoz 4444..
wouldnt know what type of trees..the usual native things you flash pass on the side of the road out in the boon docks..its regenerating jungle so they come from ground height to 6m - 8m high..with spikes or not..if I can find a photo will send

Return to “House & Land”