Swimming pool costs in Thailand

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
Francis-udon
udonmap.com

Post by Francis-udon » February 3, 2011, 11:03 am

I'm planning on having a small basic rectangular 3x5m (15sqm) in-ground pool built. Does anyone have an idea how much this would cost?

I've had a couple of quotes already from local pool builders however the prices seem a little on the high side to me. Prices quoted so far range from 400,000-600,000 for a complete (liner or tile) pool. The last place we tried (jd pools) quoted 420,000 for a basic 3x5m composite (glass fibre) pool including pumps and fitting. Actually my wife was quoted 390,000 from the sales lady, I was quoted 400,000 from the salesman and the final quote was 420,000 from the business owner. Strange how the price crept up 30,000 within 20 minutes. :? Anyway whatever the true price was I think that's a lot of a glass fibre tub, I thought composite pools were the budget option.

After doing a little digging around on the net I've learned the average price to build a pool can range from 14,000-16,000 baht per sqm depending on materials used, and then extra for pumps and filters. A Pattaya company is charging 180,000 for a 3x5m pool or 250,000 with pumps filters. That's a big difference to prices quoted in Udon.

Any advice would be appreciated.

747man
udonmap.com

Re: Swimming pool costs in Thailand

Post by 747man » February 3, 2011, 11:41 am

I Had a 6x4 In Ground Pool built about 4 years ago, Built NOT by any pool company, Just a regular Building Gang from the village, But Piping & Pumps were supplied fitted Professionally by a company in Udon, Fully Tiled,And as yet NO Problems.......Total Cost was 400,000 Baht,Hope this helps....

Francis-udon
udonmap.com

Post by Francis-udon » February 3, 2011, 2:29 pm

Thanks for the information.

Is your pool curved or rectangular? Also where did you purchase your pumps and piping? 400,000 sounds reasonable for that size pool.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » February 3, 2011, 4:25 pm

if i would have to build this small pool for me today ( rectangular ) , i am sure i not come above 200.000 bath including everything ( even the woodwork you buy to use the frame and than trow away..) even a small pomp home,even including
american made ( not chinese) de filter +pump ( 35.000 bath), including vacuum + hose , alu stair etc...., all in, made a quick calculation on a depth of 1.40m ( you not mention how deep ) , btw no use of special piping francis , same as the blue water pipes only you most look the thickness, 13.5 all!! , if you do leave a swimming pool company build you double the price..., but this is again up to each individual , as long as you are happy with what you pay and the result.... :D
i bought all i needed in this shop http://www.iwater.co.th/swimming-pool-en.html, khon kaen...very friendly people
anyway good luck with your swim quest.....

Francis-udon
udonmap.com

Post by Francis-udon » February 3, 2011, 6:10 pm

Thanks for the advice kopkei, that's what I was hoping to hear. :D

By the way I found a company in Bangkok selling those fiberglass composite pools I posted above. JD want 420,000 however the following company are selling the exact same pool for 150,000; http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/107 ... _Pool.html Surely JD are not charging 270,000 for pumps, filters and labour. :shock:

Anyway it's good to shop around, I'm in no hurry to buy so if I can save myself a couple of hundred thousand baht it will be worth it. :D

I found this website while browsing today: http://www.issworldwide.com/pool-packag ... &Itemid=54 I like the look of this company because they show the prices unlike others who prefer to hide their costs. 315,000 for a 7x3x1.5 is starting to look more reasonable.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » February 3, 2011, 7:20 pm

hi francis,
good you found what you where looking for ,also beware of the delivery costs, if most come to udon , they also many times exaggerate on delivery cost , anyway i left you a PM, you are still welcome to come look my pool and free advice , and a beer of course... ,i hope you can find what you are looking for,
good luck.....

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 3, 2011, 8:40 pm

Francis-udon wrote:Thanks for the information.

Is your pool curved or rectangular? Also where did you purchase your pumps and piping? 400,000 sounds reasonable for that size pool.
My Pool is Rectangular,Pumps and Filters purchased at a company in Udon called Chokchai,They are on the main road going straight through the main lights coming from NK,About 300 metres after crossing the lights, on the lefthand side of the road, they are also producing Steel Railings and other products, But they've been in business for over 40 years ( They built the pool at ....The Nong Khai Resort ) nr.NK Rail Station.......The equipment cost 125,000 Baht.......

alanhass
udonmap.com

Post by alanhass » April 15, 2017, 11:16 pm

I saw this companies website today while browsing for pool builders. I read a lot of great reviews and testimonials so I might give them a shot.
Some great pools and houses on the facebook page and they have live updates of current projects too.
https://www.togetherconstructionthailand.com/

Last edited by alanhass on April 15, 2017, 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

charly66
udonmap.com

Post by charly66 » April 16, 2017, 7:42 am

Installed Steelwall Liner Swimming Pools by Peterpool Co Ltd, Udonthani, tel. 042 - 110214, Udon- Sampraw rd
Attachments
S__6897802.jpg
77250.jpg
S__6897796.jpg
107625.jpg
87585.jpg

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » April 16, 2017, 9:54 am

Try swimming pools thailand...Chris (English) kut chap.best prices and main supplier to most of the other companies.a French sounding named company from udon done some work for me and I wasn't happy,in fact they cost me.dont like watching 6 men turn up and four just sitting and eating.also the woman turning up for a royal visit.tried selling me a over sized pump for 37k and I got one from city for 18,500. Thailand swimming pools are complete professionals and came and sorted out my pump and pipework,jacuzzi and electrical at a very reasonable price.ps don't get a lined pool,either tiled or fibreglass.my fried has a lined pool and it's been a problem from the start.also you get over quoted because your farang and if you can afford a swimming pool you can afford to be ripped off.

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » April 17, 2017, 6:50 am

Can any expat who has an existing pool in/around Udon indicate the power side of running cost of say a 50,000 litre pool .
Thanks

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » April 17, 2017, 8:40 am

You will need a 1.5 horse power pump approx at around 1kw per hour or 7baht...maybe 6 hours a day so 40-50b a day.also chlorine is 4,500baht for 50kg and depending how much use the pool gets is how much chemicals you need to use.my pool is 150,000litres and the chlorine will last 4-5 months.i only need chlorine and ph up to get my pool at 7-7.2 ph...rain water is 6ph.there not an exact science in pool keeping as it depends on water supply,use,position,shaded or unshaded.also the weather.when it's cool season the pumps and chemicals are needed less and when it's hot season the water warms up and more maintainance is needed.this is when the dreaded algae and bacteria thrive.you have to learn what your pool needs.youtube can be of great help when encountering problems.

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » April 18, 2017, 4:48 am

Thanks Marcosteffano

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » April 18, 2017, 3:13 pm

our first pool was 70.000L and we used (still using) a 1HP pump that uses 0.6kw/hour and is running 6 hours daily ,
1kw = 3,6baht x 6 = 21.6 x 31 = 670 baht/month , in your case make this calculation for about 4hours pumping daily...
how long you must filter is depending of size of pool,capacity pump and capacity filter ,so how long you must filter depends really of the capacity of the pump as the filter capacity should be bigger as the pump capacity ...
so bigger pump is more expensive (also need bigger filter) but less filtering hours ...the choice is yours ...
for 50.000l , 1 HP pump should do the job easy... ;)

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » April 18, 2017, 3:42 pm

a nice and good pump/filter combination for pools from 24.000L -75.000l would be this
http://thailandpoolshop.com/shop/pumps/ ... pump-1-hp/
http://thailandpoolshop.com/shop/filter ... nt-filter/
8 bags of zelbrite filter media @ 895/bag...
so for around 40.000 baht you will have a decent installation , i am no fan of the emaux pumps because i have seen so many broken ones during my 15 years of pool time ...also automated chlorinators (salt water pools ) whom are expensive (+30.000 baht) and do not have a long lifespan, surely if there isn't an power over surge protector installed
more cheap to use a floating chlorinator with 90% (not 60%) tablets chlorine ...
but as with everything ...you can make it as complicated as you want ...but is this needed? ,as info..good luck to all.. ;)

sunwavessand
udonmap.com

Post by sunwavessand » November 1, 2017, 8:03 pm

Yes, another vote for thailandpoolshop.com above. Very reliable people. Pumps, filters and chlorinators are of very high quality. I think they are also tied up to the swimming pool builder Isaan Pools yet I agree with the above recommendations that you can just hire a local builder which may be cheaper, but make sure that you are using swimming pool equipment and supplies with very good quality and that those builders are qualified and trustworthy enough. Best of luck.

alanhass
udonmap.com

Post by alanhass » November 20, 2017, 8:42 am

My mate decided to go with Together Construction Thailand for his pool. He saw good reviews for them and checked out a few of their previous builds. I had also recommended them after having my house built up north. He is very happy with the Pool. I know he talked to a load of other companies but between prices and quality and word of mouth and a few horror stories he has seen he decided to go with These.
http://www.togetherconstructionthailand.com
Their Facebook has a lot of their work on it too. They seem to do regular updates of all the projects they work on which is a good idea.
https://www.facebook.com/togetherconstructionthailand/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soby1930

Post by soby1930 » June 24, 2018, 3:27 am

I would really like to understand the approx value for building the following:
a concrete, above floor, plunge pool
dimensions 6m x 2.5m x 1.5m (intensity)
this can have a overflow filtration unit at one give up, and a salt filtration gadget
no need for drains, lighting fixtures, jacuzzis or fancy stuff
i'd tile it, and have timber decking around it, subsequently, so those no longer protected inside the cost

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » June 25, 2018, 9:22 am

Both quotes I've had for a 5m x 10m pool have been around 500,000 baht, I'm going to build mine myself.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

tip

Post by tip » July 29, 2018, 11:06 am

We built a 2 system pool for swimming with 2 system (fountain and whirpool) and gardening, using deep wail water. The cost of pool and gardening pipe automatic watering is about 200,000 B.

Return to “House & Land”