Land in the Nam Som area

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
leslie

Land in the Nam Som area

Post by leslie » April 1, 2011, 7:20 pm

Hi, could some one give me a clue of the price of land in the Nam Som area please as i am think of buying there
Last edited by arjay on April 3, 2011, 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: to make the topic title clearer

leslie

Nam som

Post by leslie » April 2, 2011, 3:49 pm

It seams that there arn't many locals that use this forum, as it is said poeple get alot of imformation off this site, as this topic has be veiwed 96 time and nobody knows the area around udon

ron pcl
Udonmap Sponsor

Nam som

Post by ron pcl » April 3, 2011, 9:00 am

leslie wrote:Hi, could some one give me a clue of the price of land in the Nam Som area please as i am think of buying there
hi leslie,

land prices can realy variated, from 8000 a rai up.
what kind of land title it have, location, acces to a road, dirt road, is there electricity, a plot in the village or farm land outsite the village, etc ?

ron plc

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Nam som

Post by BobHelm » April 3, 2011, 9:26 am

leslie wrote:It seams that there arn't many locals that use this forum, as it is said poeple get alot of imformation off this site, as this topic has be veiwed 96 time and nobody knows the area around udon
So I think that should tell you something important - not a lot of Foreigners live there.
I have lived in Udon 7 years now & have travelled extensively around the North East & the North. However, as far as I can remember I have never stayed a single night in the Nam Som area.
If I was going to look to live that way then I must admit that I would be looking for something far nearer the Mekong rather than around Nam Som. Tha Bo or Si Chang Mai I have visited on more than a few occasions, but I have never seen any need to swing inland from there.
If you scan the Forum for information (& adverts) for land prices around Udon then there is plenty. Including the sound advice that if you want to know the fair price for land in an area then the place to go & enquire is the local land office.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Nam som

Post by Wee Jimmy » April 3, 2011, 9:48 am

I go to Nam Som every second weekend for a weekend away with the wife and granddaughter. There are a good few Farangs in Nam Som and a about 5/6 Farangs with bars and resorts in Nam Som. I'll ask about land the next time I'm up there for you but as ‘ron plc’ has said it depends on location, you will pay more for land which has electric, water, and which near the main highway.
Also if you’re a Farang the price goes up, when buying get a Thai family member to bargain for it without seeing yourself first.

parrot
udonmap.com

Land in the Nam Som area

Post by parrot » April 3, 2011, 12:36 pm

A quick google check for Nam Som (ราคาที่ดิน น้ำโสม):
10 rai @ 300k per rai

600,000 for 1 rai suitable for resort/guest house, located near school

200sq wah, 700,000 baht. Land is filled.

1 rai next to an auto repair shop, 790,000

17 rai, 1.3 million

23 rai, 2.7 million

29 rai, suitable for planting rubber trees, 35k per rai.

Lots of land for sale in Nam Som....all depends on location location location

WhoUrDaddy
udonmap.com

Land in the Nam Som area

Post by WhoUrDaddy » April 4, 2011, 10:32 am

Land should be inexpensive, since in the middle of nowhere, though closer to the Mekong. I wouldn't expect many forum members to know much about the area, so I wouldn't be too harsh towards their ignorance. It is about 100 kms away from downtown. Nong Khai and Khon Kaen get more understandable notice than Nam Som. Unless out for a drive or knowing someone from the area, I would bet most have never been to or heard of it. Air kms, it's actually closer to Loei, Nong Khai, and Nong BuaLam Phu.

Simply location will dictate the price, and be sure you have a chanote for ownership, as some land may not have. If you don't have a chanote, hard road access, utilities, then you don't have much in value, and will have to pay much more sooner or later.

leslie

Land in the Nam Som area

Post by leslie » April 10, 2011, 5:00 pm

leslie wrote:Hi, could some one give me a clue of the price of land in the Nam Som area please as i am think of buying there
Thank you for all of the replys it has helped a lot and i will check it out in June

2000VIPERGTS
udonmap.com

Land in the Nam Som area

Post by 2000VIPERGTS » April 17, 2011, 5:06 pm

I have a DIRECT connection in the land office there if needed. Favors can be done too as requested by some "friends" and I have been in that land office many times, so know the folks well :-) Gary

wayne747
udonmap.com

Land in the Nam Som area

Post by wayne747 » September 13, 2011, 1:42 pm

@ OP, so did you buy any land there ? Just curious.

leslie

Land in the Nam Som area

Post by leslie » September 17, 2011, 4:26 pm

Hi, yes i did buy the land or should i say my lady did, the land is about 13 km from Nam-Som and the family own the other 2 blocks as the 3 blocks are together now. So after they get the crops off i am up for 1000 to 1500 rubber trees, as they say it never ends. Thanks for all the replys

Return to “House & Land”