crushed rock

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
parrot
udonmap.com

crushed rock

Post by parrot » November 4, 2011, 2:29 pm

I'm looking for a crushed rock dealer that has a variety of his rock sizes available to view, preferably near Nongwahsaw or even closer to Udon. I'm going to need probably 20cu for a big project and I want to be sure I get the size I need. I've ordered crushed rock from the materials store near the 4-way intersection at Nongwahsaw.......but he gets his rock from elsewhere, so I can't see exactly what I'm getting.
I understand there is a variety of crushed rock sizes......including mixed.
We're going to use the rock to cover over a shaded area where we can no longer grow grass.....it's a large area, so we'll need a lot of rock.
Suggestions, phone numbers welcome.

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

crushed rock

Post by KHONDAHM » November 5, 2011, 8:27 am

I do not have the contact info anymore, but rounded (perhaps crushed, too) rock comes from just across Friendship Bridge. You can see it piled up off to the left as you go over. If you've a Thai negotiating for you, you can get it delivered relatively cheap. In any event, if you measured for 20 cu., tell them to throw in an extra 2 cu. (free) to compensate for dirt and waste. Also recommend at least going through the motions of nitpicking the loads of the first 2 trucks and complain it's not a full load (even if it is) and has too much dirt. Keeps them more honest. :^o
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).
http:\\www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes

Geoffrey
udonmap.com

crushed rock source

Post by Geoffrey » November 5, 2011, 1:36 pm

Parrot,
The crushed blue limestone comes from Na Klang District in Nong Bua Lum Phu (or from Wang Sa Pung in Loei). The sizes you'd be interested in are probably 1/4" (stone dust), 3/8" or 3/4" The sizes are determined by the 3 or 4 screens they use in the sifter boxes. I think that for a garden path (or similar area), 1/4" would be nicest. On arrival it is very dusty. At our center, the villagers wash the dust off before using it. I might be able to hunt around and find some other place who could was stone and deliver it to you. You might poke your head into the pre-cast floor plank and pile factory on the Udon-Nong Bua road: they probably use one or two of the sizes if not all three. And, they might wash aggregate. Besides that, they will have a stockpile of crushed rock you can look at.
Holy Harp

parrot
udonmap.com

crushed rock

Post by parrot » November 5, 2011, 7:23 pm

The snip is a photo of the type of gravel I'm looking for......saw what I was looking for while visiting a friend in town today. The gravel in the snip looks much like construction gravel, but it's actually much smaller and darker in color. He bought the gravel from the store shown on the card. The map shows the dealer's location.....the X toward the upper right hand corner is Udon Christian School, and you'd make a left-hand turn at the Kasikorn Bank just down the road from the school.
I plan to stop by early next week......I'll report what I find out...prices, types gravel, etc.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
IMG_2682-1.JPG
IMG_2683-1.JPG

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

crushed rock

Post by KHONDAHM » November 5, 2011, 8:38 pm

I'm looking for road gravel for my drive, too. I'd be interested to know if they have it. I tried the "regular" dark gravel and it simply shifts around too much to be useful. If I can't find it, I may just pave it. That'd be quite a job, though.
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).
http:\\www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes

Return to “House & Land”