Kitchen Cabinets and wall units etc

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
Bonanza
udonmap.com

Post by Bonanza » November 22, 2012, 10:30 am

I am trying to find a source of UK/Western style fitted kitchen units for both the floor and the wall. I have seen such kitchens in new build houses outside Udon, and there are a few examples in Global House (however, these are very expensive). Does anyone know of a local source or anyone who can do a 'made to measure' kitchen at a reasonable :D price?

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » November 22, 2012, 10:37 am

You must remember timber isn't cheaper in Thailand than the west, only labour, take into account f--k ups and labour soon balances out. What is your idea of cheap? My kitchen and bathroom vanity is being fitted next week, coming through St Mall from Bangkok, for me there price is reasonable, 220k with sink & tap, gas cooktop, electric wall oven, microwave and rangehood all fitted.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » November 22, 2012, 11:25 am

Cheapest I found were at Global House and they were not that cheap, plus I had to make the draws and install.

Tried a cabinet-maker, saw a kitchen he did near me, looked fine. Hired him to do a couple of bath cabinets, disaster. So can't recommend, even though I got a free outside kitchen cabinet out of it. Free as in labor only, built it more or less backwards for bath A. :lol: The way he worked was to sit around and supvise his apprentice. But he still comes in handy every blue moon when I need something cut on a table saw.

akwoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by akwoodworker » November 22, 2012, 12:27 pm

Once I do ours here I will send you a photo. Basically doing plywood carcases with the doors and drawers from Global. It will also have drop in stove and sink.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » November 22, 2012, 1:57 pm

I've never dealt with this company, so have no idea...just passing info.

http://www.kitzcho.com/product/pro_cat. ... R&lang=eng

Bonanza
udonmap.com

Post by Bonanza » December 4, 2012, 2:48 pm

Thanks for your replies. I have just found that 'ToolPro' on the ring road has a new range of kitchen units at reasonable prices ie 80cm wall unit at Bt2,600. Worth a look. :D

Bonanza
udonmap.com

Post by Bonanza » December 24, 2012, 7:16 pm

Have purchased an 180 cm run of both floor and wall units (including corner unit and worktop) from 'Tool Pro'. These are of medium quality. They were chosen from the display in the shop, but had to be ordered from Bangkok. This took one week. They were then delivered 30klm out from Udon, assembled and fitted in place in the kitchen. Total cost was 24,600 baht. Wife and I are well pleased so I pass this on. :D

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » February 3, 2013, 6:31 pm

coxo wrote:My kitchen and bathroom vanity is being fitted next week, coming through St Mall from Bangkok, for me there price is reasonable, 220k with sink & tap, gas cooktop, electric wall oven, microwave and rangehood all fitted.
My wife went to HomePro and got some prices, but they were very expensive. We later went to St.Mall in Udon, near Big C, and they were a lot cheaper.

Return to “House & Land”