Any Electrician recommendations?

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
Muni
udonmap.com

Post by Muni » January 30, 2014, 6:11 pm

We have a circuit breaker that keeps popping in my daughter's bedroom. AC's & hot water are on separate breakers & work fine. So does the rest of the house. I disconnected everything in her room but it still pops so there is a short somewhere. I know enough about Thai electrical work to know I do NOT want to try to fix it. Does anyone know a REAL electrician? We live in the Rom Yen 3 / First Home area. Thanks

Sakhonnick
udonmap.com

Post by Sakhonnick » January 30, 2014, 7:51 pm

Might be a faulty breaker and not a short in the wiring, turn off the main breaker and swap the load wiring between 2 breakers fault one and good one that have the same size amp rating turn them on that will tell you if it's a breaker fault or circuit fault depending if the fault follows the breaker or not might be a simple fix with buying a new breaker

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » January 30, 2014, 9:55 pm

Muni, this guy rewired my entire home just down the road from you and did an excellent job at a good price. I highly recommend him. These are the details from the guy who recommended him to me at that time:

Hi Semper. This is the number for my guy. Been doing my electrics for 10 years now. A very reliable guy that has worked extensively in Japan and works to a very strict standard .He lives in Udon. 081 872 9385 Khun Lit. Doesn't speak English but understands technical expressions .
He is not a rip off merchant, you can trust what he tells you . He also services A/C.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

KHONDAHM
udonmap.com

Post by KHONDAHM » January 31, 2014, 12:40 pm

Bookmarked for future reference.
Enjoy this site much more by adding idiots to your ignore list (Friends & Foes tab).
http:\\www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/ucp.php? ... &mode=foes

Muni
udonmap.com

Post by Muni » January 31, 2014, 1:15 pm

Well it wasn't the circuit breaker but since I had the tools out, i decided to try some basic troubleshooting & got lucky. It was a shorted receptacle which was easy enough to change. Problem solved. THANKS for all the suggestions & help

Nufc70
udonmap.com

Re: Any Electrician recommendations?

Post by Nufc70 » March 31, 2015, 11:11 pm

semperfiguy. the number you have above for khun lit is that his current number. im looking for an electrician to rewire my mother in laws home. coming to udon on sunday for 3 weeks and need to find an electrician. thanks

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » April 1, 2015, 8:09 am

Nufc70 wrote:semperfiguy. the number you have above for khun lit is that his current number. im looking for an electrician to rewire my mother in laws home. coming to udon on sunday for 3 weeks and need to find an electrician. thanks
Yes, that's his current number. We had him out 2 days ago to install a shower water heater and we called him again last evening on a question, so that number is still current. He's out of town until Thursday on a job, so if he doesn't answer, keep calling. Best to call in the evenings. He won't have his hands full and can answer the phone.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Nufc70
udonmap.com

Post by Nufc70 » April 1, 2015, 1:01 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
Nufc70 wrote:semperfiguy. the number you have above for khun lit is that his current number. im looking for an electrician to rewire my mother in laws home. coming to udon on sunday for 3 weeks and need to find an electrician. thanks
Yes, that's his current number. We had him out 2 days ago to install a shower water heater and we called him again last evening on a question, so that number is still current. He's out of town until Thursday on a job, so if he doesn't answer, keep calling. Best to call in the evenings. He won't have his hands full and can answer the phone.
thanks a lot. i will try calling him on monday next week. do you by any chance know if he does grounding/earthing of properties? i want to get the home rewired with a new fuse box/circuit creaker however i think the house has an earth problem as i quite often grt small electric shocks when i am there and equipment often fails!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 1, 2015, 1:22 pm

N70, you may find it difficult to get tradesmen working after next week, with Songkran about to hit.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » April 1, 2015, 3:46 pm

Nufc70 wrote:
semperfiguy wrote:
thanks a lot. i will try calling him on monday next week. do you by any chance know if he does grounding/earthing of properties? i want to get the home rewired with a new fuse box/circuit creaker however i think the house has an earth problem as i quite often grt small electric shocks when i am there and equipment often fails!
N70, my guess is he does it all!

Nufc70
udonmap.com

Post by Nufc70 » April 2, 2015, 12:57 am

jackspratt wrote:N70, you may find it difficult to get tradesmen working after next week, with Songkran about to hit.
i guess so its worth a try though. i think the prospect of some good cash will sway them.

Nufc70
udonmap.com

Post by Nufc70 » April 2, 2015, 12:58 am

semperfiguy wrote:
Nufc70 wrote:
semperfiguy wrote:
N70, my guess is he does it all!

roger that, il try calling him on monday morning see what he says. thanks again

laddandick

Post by laddandick » April 2, 2015, 10:14 am

This guy just finished wiring our kitchen. Did a good job. He asked us to give you his number. He will finish our job this morning. 089 4490 385

Return to “House & Land”