Air Conditioner Service Check

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » March 31, 2014, 10:26 am

I guess this time of year the service guys can name their own price.
Seeing a foreigner in the house prompted a Laurel and Hardy acting routine, with a stream of nonsense about going to the dealer.
It should be 500 baht per unit to clean.

Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

martynsnowman
udonmap.com

Post by martynsnowman » March 31, 2014, 10:45 am

glalt wrote:My wife stopped at a local air conditioning dealer and asked the price for cleaning and servicing the 9,000 BTU Samsung unit in our bedroom. The dealer replied that it would be 500 baht. When two guys showed up and unloaded their equipment, they took a look and started to pack back up. We didn't buy the unit from them. They told my wife to call the dealer we bought the unit from. I told my wife that since they were already here, to ask how much to do the job anyways. After a lot of talking back and forth, they agreed to do the job for 1,000 baht. She wasn't happy. I told them to go ahead. The next time we have it serviced, I told her to call the same guys. They took both the inside and outside units apart and pressure washed everything. I was impressed by their thoroughness and a thousand baht was reasonable for the job they did. Inside they had something like an upside down tent to catch the cleaning water.

That Samsung unit is about ten years old and still runs as good as when it was new. I do clean the inside filters at least once a year.
1000 baht to clean 1 unit , you must be joking or have more money than sence ..... [-X
tell them to pack up and ship out ...

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » March 31, 2014, 11:18 am

Two guys, travel time, a truck and all their equipment? I'm sure they took about three hours to complete the job. The price was a little high but not that far out of line.

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » February 25, 2016, 7:38 pm

Just used Nimit today for about the 6th time in the last 3 years. Same 2 guys came to service our 2 units. Always clean up after themselves. Price has not gone up! Still 500 baht per unit. One lady there speaks good English. Highly recommend them! 042 341 655

Do it now before it gets really hot and they get really busy!!!
Every day I wake up is a good day.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » February 26, 2016, 9:45 pm

we bought our A/C units from Standard Cooling on the east side ring road about a kilometer north of the Big C overpass. We bought two units in 2007 and one in 2009. All are Seijo Denki brand. They've come every year to service them for 500 baht per unit.. As described in the string they do the inside and outside full cleaning and testing.. The last four years its been the same team leader coming so he knows our house.. In chatting with him, he told me I should expect about ten years service life from the units. He recommended any future replacement be an inverter A/C unit to save electricity as well as putting less wear and tear on the unit from the local fluctuating electrical power.
Here's street view of Standard cooling: https://www.google.com/maps/@17.401057, ... 56!6m1!1e1
Dave

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

New A/C clean, repair, install company

Post by semperfiguy » August 6, 2016, 7:37 pm

Actually, this company is not new in town, but new to me. In my 6 years in Udon I have used several A/C cleaning services, but none have impressed me like these people....and believe me I'm very particular and hard to please. My wife discovered their ad on Facebook, so we had them come out to clean/service one each 18 and 12,000 BTU unit. Three very respectable and polite young men came out and did an excellent job....took their time and cleaned up very well afterwards. Even the lady owner showed up to make sure all was going well. She was very pleasant and even helped to clean up afterwards while chit-chatting with my wife. They did all the right things to inspire us to have the confidence in them to trust them fully.

I always insist on watching them when they check the units for Freon pressure, and they were happy to allow me to read the meters and to observe the amount that was needed to bring it up to a full charge of 65 PSI.

The total cost was only 400 Baht per unit, and the extra 20 pounds of Freon (some needed in each unit) was only 200 Baht. Of course, I gave them a handsome tip for doing such an excellent job. So, in closing I want to highly recommend this company for anyone looking for cleaning, repair, parts or installation of their A/C units. One worker, the husband of the lady owner, is an electrical engineer and they also do installation in commercial projects. Currently they are doing the A/C work on the new Villa Market in UD Town. Upon taking a second look at their Facebook page, it appears that they also do Fire Alarm and CCTV installation and service.

The lady owner's name is MAM, and the husband's name is A. They understand basic English, but my wife translated my requirements in Thai just to make sure they totally understood. I recommend them very highly!
Attachments
A C Repair1.jpg
A C Repair.jpg
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Re: New A/C clean, repair, install company

Post by semperfiguy » August 6, 2016, 7:50 pm

Here is their Facebook link with photos of the type of work they do:

https://www.facebook.com/11401581993293 ... 7059326475
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 6, 2016, 7:50 pm

The cleaning included pressure spray cleaning of the interior ceiling unit as well?

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » August 6, 2016, 7:56 pm

parrot wrote:The cleaning included pressure spray cleaning of the interior ceiling unit as well?

Yes, Parrot, they pressure washed both the inside and outside units and even applied some sort of aerosol foam bacterial spray all over the interior unit and let that saturate into the unit before the actual pressure washing began. I've never seen anyone do that before, so I was pretty impressed!

Liam Dale
udonmap.com

Post by Liam Dale » August 8, 2016, 3:12 pm

Litmus test = Positive. Thai wife rang this company on recom UM.. didn't mention FB , UM or farang money. Had an emergency problem with a 25 BTU unit in Cafe. They came prompt to the MINUTE. Spent an hour repairing it.. charged us 200bt. Told us that if the repair failed then the remedy of replacement PVC was 300 bt. The company that created the problem and repaired it before told us that the "remedy" was 1,800bt. J&J are fine!

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » August 9, 2016, 4:20 pm

I told the owner about Udon Map and how she could become a sponsor/advertiser. Perhaps someone from the office can pay her a visit and solicit her sponsorship.

broon.sauce11
udonmap.com

Post by broon.sauce11 » August 10, 2016, 2:59 am

:D :D Very interested. Will contact them on your recommendation.
Was by any chance the husband a Forang.
Thanks. :lol: :lol:

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » August 10, 2016, 5:34 am

Double storey homes able to be serviced?

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » August 10, 2016, 9:04 am

wazza wrote:Double storey homes able to be serviced?
No problem I'm sure Wazza! Just tell the owner when you call if they need to bring along an extra length ladder to get to a higher unit if outside the home.

lizlemon

Post by lizlemon » July 18, 2017, 10:43 am

called JJ to fix a botched A/C install from a Big C provider named Sky Air......total hatchet job - never use the installer that Big C provides for a a/c purchase! competely unprofessional and will damage your home, the unit installed for us leaked creating a mess, was installed not level and a long pipe line to expel water that looked atrocious.

hopfeully JJ can remedy and repair this shoddy work

JJ has quoted 400 bht to service 5 a/c units as well

lizlemon

Re: Air Conditioner Service Check

Post by lizlemon » July 19, 2017, 4:27 pm

Just had 5 units serviced, cleaned and charged for 400 baht a unit - excellent, clean service - units look new with full cleaning and bacterial foam spray used.

Can highly recommend this outfit found here on UMAP. for service, install and repair.
Attachments
A C Repair.jpg

sunwavessand
udonmap.com

Post by sunwavessand » November 1, 2017, 8:04 pm

Very cheap. 500 to 700 Baht.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » November 2, 2017, 11:34 am

Iv'e been waiting for this ,Air con needed servicing , (iv'e been trying to get the phone number of the guys who did the installation ) Finally got it , these guys are a team ,there's about 6 of them , they arrive on the job , each one has a role to play , efficient is not a good enough word for these guys ,when they did the initial installation in and out one hour 30 minutes , the place was spotless , the price was 15,000 at the time , This time the service , total strip drown , pressure washed everything , checked all , 400bht , spotless again , they leave nothing behind , water/dirt , etc the phone number is 0878663288 , this job was on the outskirts of Kumphawapi , but stated they do a lot of work around Udonthani ,this is an old post of mine from long ago ,the guy's are still in business the phone number is the same

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » November 2, 2017, 2:38 pm

Try these guys, up by the Big C Flyover. Excellent professional work =D>

pipoz4444
Attachments
AC Man my House.JPG
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Return to “House & Land”