Drilling For Water

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
ThaiAm
udonmap.com

Post by ThaiAm » March 1, 2007, 6:53 am

[quote="
If you don't build a tower and have a holding tank do you need 2 pumps, one to draw the water up from the well and one to push it round the house?[/quote]

Only have a single pump. It has two pipes into the ground through the 4-6" drill hole. The pump has a small reservoir about two-3 gallons and the water is pumped as the pressure switch demands based on someone turning on a tap someplace on our property. I can tell you for sure that better pumping arrangements can be had since if two or more taps are turned on at the same time water pressure to each is reduced.

We have water pipes running all over the property from front to back though and this pump arrangement has let us down only one time which was due to pressure switch failure. This I fixed myself by going to local small village hardware store and buying a new switch which they had in stock. Took about 10 minutes to do the job.

ThaiAm
udonmap.com

Post by ThaiAm » March 1, 2007, 6:58 am

mo1medic wrote:this may be a dumb question but is the well water drinkable or do you still have to buy bottled water.
The water is delicious as is, but have not had it tested in any lab. I have filled bottles and let it stand in the bottles for years waiting for critters to take charge and there has been no deterioration of the water. It is for sure drinkable and we have had no ill effects from using the water as it is presented to us.

ThaiAm
udonmap.com

Post by ThaiAm » March 1, 2007, 7:03 am

banpaeng wrote:At 33 meters I would be very surprised i water did not contain Cloriform. Maybe I am wrong.
If there is Chloroform in the water it is not evident from taste, odor or aparent effect on users. We have had no problems with the water at all and are very happy with the results of the system.

Return to “House & Land”