Bore holes

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
yorky
udonmap.com

Bore holes

Post by yorky » March 2, 2007, 4:14 am

I have read somewhere on this forum (i think) about water bore holes and their cost.

Could someone please guide me to the topic. Thanks

yorky
udonmap.com

Post by yorky » March 2, 2007, 4:17 am

:oops:
Sorry a bit thick here. At the time of writing its about 4 topics down.

Senile dementure must be getting the better of me...........

farang
udonmap.com

Post by farang » March 2, 2007, 4:18 am

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
www.udonmap.com

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » March 3, 2007, 3:04 pm

I recently had a well dug. We went down 7 metres, though had water from about 3.5 metres down. The cost using a local man and a couple of lads, worked out at about 2000 baht per metre.

He charged 1000 baht per metre dug and the concrete liners were I believe about 400 baht per half metre.

This was however not in Udon.

This thread is about pumps:-

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/v ... php?t=3519

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » March 3, 2007, 4:07 pm

Right Arjay, and no dig at you (Pun included), a 500ft or about 166 Meters (close for a yank) will cost about B180,000 or close to the B1000 per meter. At that depth you should get soft and drinkable (pass a health test) water. This could be plus or minus 33 Meters. One reason the Thais do not go for the depth is MONEY. It all depends on what one is looking for and willing to spend for. Neither way is right or wrong!!!!!!!!

yorkman
udonmap.com

Post by yorkman » March 4, 2007, 3:46 am

banpaeng wrote:Right Arjay, and no dig at you (Pun included), a 500ft or about 166 Meters (close for a yank) will cost about B180,000 or close to the B1000 per meter. At that depth you should get soft and drinkable (pass a health test) water. This could be plus or minus 33 Meters. One reason the Thais do not go for the depth is MONEY. It all depends on what one is looking for and willing to spend for. Neither way is right or wrong!!!!!!!!
I have gone down about 7m on the plot and have clean water Brian, health tested...........

Its a lottery around Udonthani..... I chose to live in the south sector which is the least polluted for now.

Regards

John

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

pollution to water tables

Post by FrazeeDK » March 4, 2007, 9:17 pm

Ok Yorkman.. south's side good for now.. What's going on with that Potash mine on the south side of Nong TaKai just south of Nonsoong???
If they ever get that thing rolling full tilt it'll be a tossup as to which side of the Non Takai watershed the runoff will go to... If it's on the north side, you can bet the water table in Udon will be destroyed..
Last I heard on the mine during Taksin's time was some Thai Envrionmentalists were challenging the B.S. Environmental Impact Statement done by the original developer, a Canadian mining co.
Dave

Return to “House & Land”