Mick's House Build

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
fatbob
udonmap.com

Mick's House Build

Post by fatbob » January 20, 2016, 8:24 pm

ronan01 wrote: by ronan01 » January 20, 2016, 6:38 pm

coxo wrote:
ronan01 wrote:
Required breeze was that I never went beyond setting number 2 of a 3 setting fan.

I also noticed it worked really well in the showroom before I bought it.

I'M FANTASTICALLY HAPPY FOR YOU TOO. GREAT!

Yeah Ronan 1, I also used them in a house ONCE, they look good but they don't work, you are full of BS.

How do you know my fan didn't work?

My experience with my fan is it worked a treat.

I dont recall seeing you when my fan was working - so how do you know it didn't work?

What experience do you have with my fan?

It's the flat timber blade design peanut! They are all the same!

grievous
udonmap.com

Mick's House Build

Post by grievous » January 20, 2016, 9:16 pm

Geez boys have a beer and relax. What a way to F#CK up a thread. Who gives a rats arse about the fans. It's great to offer an informative suggestion but the fans had already been purchased. I'm not taking sides but this happens way too much on UM where a topic degenerates in to a slagging match. Time to move on.

JohnG
udonmap.com

Mick's House Build

Post by JohnG » January 20, 2016, 10:22 pm

Just้ guessing, but maybe because he's got the intelligence to notice that these fans have flat blades set at a shallow angle, making it impossible for these fans to compare anything but badly in comparison with fans with a shaped blade.

If you're happy with them, great, but insisting that these fans actually have any cooling effect in comparison to other designs / makes is really rather poor advice. After all, you did say that you replaced them with a/c's and you don't seem to have ever tried any alternative fans to make a comparison, which seems to belie your claim that you were so happy with them.

grievous
udonmap.com

Mick's House Build

Post by grievous » January 20, 2016, 10:26 pm

Just wont let up hey mate.

Mick's House Build

Post by Moderator » January 20, 2016, 10:29 pm

grievous wrote:Geez boys have a beer and relax. What a way to F#CK up a thread. Who gives a rats arse about the fans. It's great to offer an informative suggestion but the fans had already been purchased. I'm not taking sides but this happens way too much on UM where a topic degenerates in to a slagging match. Time to move on.
Gentlemen, grievous has nailed it, -well said.

How about sticking to information and sharing insight? These building threads are great to read, especially the variety of them as each person gets their house done their way, etc. Pretty good stuff, stay positive, it's easy enough.

Anything gets out of line, hit the "report" button.

faranginUTH
udonmap.com

Mick's House Build

Post by faranginUTH » January 20, 2016, 10:46 pm

grievous wrote:Geez boys have a beer and relax. What a way to F#CK up a thread. Who gives a rats arse about the fans. It's great to offer an informative suggestion but the fans had already been purchased. I'm not taking sides but this happens way too much on UM where a topic degenerates in to a slagging match. Time to move on.
a bare knuckle match here http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/b ... 37319.html would settle the whole thing, maybe quickly 8)

ronan01
udonmap.com

Mick's House Build

Post by ronan01 » January 20, 2016, 11:13 pm

JohnG wrote:Just้ guessing, but maybe because he's got the intelligence to notice that these fans have flat blades set at a shallow angle, making it impossible for these fans to compare anything but badly in comparison with fans with a shaped blade.

If you're happy with them, great, but insisting that these fans actually have any cooling effect in comparison to other designs / makes is really rather poor advice. After all, you did say that you replaced them with a/c's and you don't seem to have ever tried any alternative fans to make a comparison, which seems to belie your claim that you were so happy with them.
I did not say that (After all, you did say that you replaced them with a/c's and you don't seem to have ever tried any alternative fans to make a comparison).

I moved to a smaller house with air-con.

Any other conspiracy theory you want to present?

ronan01
udonmap.com

Mick's House Build

Post by ronan01 » January 20, 2016, 11:18 pm

coxo wrote:
ronan01 wrote: by ronan01 » January 20, 2016, 6:38 pm

coxo wrote:
ronan01 wrote:
Required breeze was that I never went beyond setting number 2 of a 3 setting fan.

I also noticed it worked really well in the showroom before I bought it.

I'M FANTASTICALLY HAPPY FOR YOU TOO. GREAT!

Yeah Ronan 1, I also used them in a house ONCE, they look good but they don't work, you are full of BS.

How do you know my fan didn't work?

My experience with my fan is it worked a treat.

I dont recall seeing you when my fan was working - so how do you know it didn't work?

What experience do you have with my fan?

It's the flat timber blade design peanut! They are all the same!
It seems you are telling me something did not work, despite you not being there to observe if it worked or not.

I experienced it moved the air in a very cooling manner.

Doubt you can tell anyone what you experienced from my fan peanut.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Mick's House Build

Post by fatbob » January 21, 2016, 8:44 am

It looks like all the backslappers are now forming opinions without any practical knowledge, commenting only because they are mates, not based on experience or knowledge.
Designed timber blade fans that actually work and ones that I have used are Haiku and Boffi, quality shaped aerodynamically, not just a flat piece of ply that is a designer fan only! Have a look at an aero-plane propeller, all you cynics should then have your answer about air flow and how it all works, personally I cannot believe the ignorance of some of you people who comment with no basic knowledge.
Its over and out with Udon map for me, enough is enough.

JohnG
udonmap.com

Mick's House Build

Post by JohnG » January 21, 2016, 8:17 pm

Moderator wrote:
Gentlemen, grievous has nailed it, -well said.

How about sticking to information and sharing insight? These building threads are great to read, especially the variety of them as each person gets their house done their way, etc. Pretty good stuff, stay positive, it's easy enough.

Anything gets out of line, hit the "report" button.
Apparently not .....

mickojak
udonmap.com

Mick's House Build

Post by mickojak » January 22, 2016, 9:56 am

All windows and fly screens now fitted.
Going to sort out some guttering, the kitchen and bathroom fittings this weekend.
Happy with progress.
mick
Attachments
20160122_090045.jpg
20160122_090131.jpg
20160122_090204.jpg
20160122_090420.jpg

papafarang
udonmap.com

Mick's House Build

Post by papafarang » January 22, 2016, 10:45 am

one question mick. the cladding on the outside, will you be sealing it ? being porous it tends to attract dirt and algae.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

mickojak
udonmap.com

Mick's House Build

Post by mickojak » January 22, 2016, 11:30 am

Papa,
I presume you mean the concrete rendering.
If so, no, not considered that yet.
I will check what they have applied though.
Any suggestions?

Thanks
Mick

papafarang
udonmap.com

Mick's House Build

Post by papafarang » January 22, 2016, 12:04 pm

back in the uk we just get Thompson brick sealant. I have a small amount of cladding outside mine, its not exposed to sun or rain so before the rainy season I will just give it a coat of urethane mat varnish, also brings out much more colour in the cladding and much easier to clean. it should be available here but what they call it I don't know. has anyone else used a similar product ?
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

mickojak
udonmap.com

Mick's House Build

Post by mickojak » January 24, 2016, 11:05 am

I have decided to get some custom made S/S guttering for the patio area of my house.
I went to the place that I mentioned earlier on in the thread, (2nd Page).
The picture below shows the size of one of their standard S/S gutters.
I have requested an extra 50mm length on the inner vertical side to provide a much larger catchment area.
I will have two 125mm dia downpipes (on at each end). if this is not enough, I can add another two later
I never want any water in this area as it will be the main living area with outdoor kitchen as well.
They are coming to measure up tomorrow and have quoted 800Bht p/m to make, deliver and fit.
I am very happy with that.
Mick
Attachments
20160124_095612.jpg

kopkei
udonmap.com

Mick's House Build

Post by kopkei » January 24, 2016, 4:25 pm

so the standard 6 inch gutter only 5cm deeper ,on the roof side ,(mine has 150mm instead of the 115 ?) other measurements same as standard 6 inch ,as info ;)

kopkei
udonmap.com

Mick's House Build

Post by kopkei » January 24, 2016, 4:54 pm

or maybe better said , almost the same sheet of stainless only bend to different measurements , so why pay more?
only a question ? ... ;)

mickojak
udonmap.com

Mick's House Build

Post by mickojak » January 24, 2016, 6:22 pm

Kopkei,
Can you send a cross section of your gutter?
Don't quite understand your comments?
I'm also not sure what the standard gutter is here in Thailand?
please explain some more
Thanks
Mick

kopkei
udonmap.com

Mick's House Build

Post by kopkei » January 25, 2016, 8:27 am

hi mick , all my gutters are mounted at the roof , what i meant is ,looking at your drawing
standard 6 inch gutters are from left to right 70 high left /150 wide(= 6inch) /150 high right side
if you change this like your drawing to 120 left /150 wide/only 115 high ,although you did make the gutter deeper , the right side of 115 will not be high enough and the water will be going over ....you will see this when you mount a gutter like this , right side must be higher to impact the heavy flow of water ....(as on original drawing ...)
i did make a photo of the gutter from garage (not so high)
SAM_2305 (Copy).JPG
maybe you understand better now , i think changing the gutters to bigger size will give more a problem also for the standards brackets to hold and mount them ? ... ;)

mickojak
udonmap.com

Mick's House Build

Post by mickojak » January 25, 2016, 9:35 am

Ok, Kopkei,
Thanks for the explanation.
I understand now what you mean.
For some reason my roof tiles extend about 5" down on 30 degree angle, (or thereabouts).
I made a cardboard cutout of the cross-section to use when I went to their shop.
See photo below. should work OK, I think, but I understand is all trial and error.
I want to make sure I am there when he fits them so I can make sure he understands what I want

I agree with the bracket issue and will request brackets to be placed every 250mm instead of their standard 500mm.
Thanks for your interest.
Much appreciated.
Mick
Attachments
20160125_092919.jpg

Return to “House & Land”