Looking to Buy a House

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Looking to Buy a House

Post by Nigglyb » December 27, 2015, 9:41 pm

Long time lurker on the forum but newbie posting so please be gentle!
As the title says, we're looking to buy a house sometime in the future but I'm struggling a bit to find out about the Thai equivalent to surveys & searches in the UK.
I know nothing is foolproof but I've read horror stories of people handing over cash to someone who's house it isn't theirs to sell & I also don't really want a new 8 lane freeway being built next door so feel there should be some due diligence on my part beforehand.
We've already had a 4 hour conversation with a "vendor" only to discover by probing questions that they didn't actually own the land where the house was built & I'd have to talk someone else if I wanted to buy that as part of the deal. It was like having teeth pulled without anaesthetic!
I've spoken to Siam Legal in Bangkok who I think would be pretty unbiased in Udon & they've have quoted pretty reasonable rates to check out the land registry, title etc
I'm sure some of you guys on this forum have already been in this position so are there any pointers you can share?
Thanks

thrilled
udonmap.com

Looking to Buy a House

Post by thrilled » December 30, 2015, 2:17 am

Check out the real estate agencies in Udon.Go to the classified section and you'll see the prices

deankham
udonmap.com

Looking to Buy a House

Post by deankham » December 30, 2015, 3:11 pm

Depends where you want to live but if you buy on one of the better developments like Sittarom for example you will always get the full chanote for the land and contract documents for the house.

When we have bought 2 houses at Sittarom and it is so easy to deal with a good company. They have people who speak English, they can explain the contract documents that are being signed (by you or your wife) and they accompany you to the land office to get the Chanote.

If your looking for a nearly new home have a look at mine (well technically the wifes)
http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/3 ... 38727.html

Good luck

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Looking to Buy a House

Post by Nigglyb » December 30, 2015, 3:54 pm

Thanks for the PM Wazza. I can't reply as I'm a new user but I'll certainly look into your suggestion
thrilled wrote:Check out the real estate agencies in Udon.Go to the classified section and you'll see the prices
Thanks Thrilled. We've seen a couple of houses through the agencies but a couple we are particularly interested in are with private vendors hence the question about stand alone legal services
deankham wrote: If your looking for a nearly new home have a look at mine (well technically the wifes)
http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/3 ... 38727.html
Good luck
Thanks Deankham. Looks a nice house. However we're looking for a minimum of 3 beds but ideally 4. Also I want at least 150 to 200 sqw of land
Cheers

reddevil
udonmap.com

Looking to Buy a House

Post by reddevil » December 30, 2015, 4:57 pm

I have been dealing with Udon property for some time now, I house we have rented out and all documents have been done by them.

We also have a house that is for sale on there wed site ( you can find them on the main Udon map page ) our house is Number H1SS-206 we have all documents for land and house I will also be back in Udon from 2 Jan for 1 week let me know if you would like to take a look.

Jim

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Looking to Buy a House

Post by Nigglyb » December 30, 2015, 10:26 pm

reddevil wrote:I have been dealing with Udon property for some time now, I house we have rented out and all documents have been done by them.

We also have a house that is for sale on there wed site ( you can find them on the main Udon map page ) our house is Number H1SS-206 we have all documents for land and house I will also be back in Udon from 2 Jan for 1 week let me know if you would like to take a look.

Jim
Hi Jim
Looks quite nice although not quite in the area we are interested in. If you could send me a message to [email protected] when you're in Udon we'd like to take a quick look
Thanks nigglyb

Return to “House & Land”