FBI CLOSED

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
Macca
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by Macca » March 15, 2016, 1:57 pm

The issue of FBI closure is now being discussed on Thaivisa.
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/903 ... isa-issue/

Some colorful comments by those who question just why the business has to close.
Good news is it has actually managed to stay on topic :shock: :shock: :shock: and hasn't been selfishly hacked by others too lazy to create their own thread

UM-Tech
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by UM-Tech » March 15, 2016, 3:16 pm

I have cleaned up this thread e.g. spawned a separate topic "Conscription Rules / Thai Males" http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/c ... 39355.html

If you ever see a topic go off track from the original post, no worries, if you are logged in, you can "report" the post as being off topic and request a new one be created.

UMT

socksy
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by socksy » March 16, 2016, 6:22 am

There is a big article on this on the other channel - TV with a large amount of replies, some not too favourable, but often the case on there.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

papafarang
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by papafarang » March 16, 2016, 8:10 am

I do have one curious question, why was such a well known and well established business not simply sold on ? surely Thais would have been interested , giving it up just like that seems strange, why did he not just give it away to a member of his staff who could have continued the business ?I understand his issue with no business visa or work permit as basically the same problem accrued with a friend of mine, I'm not trying to be funny about it but surely it would have helped reassure his sellers, buyers and renters and it could have continued as a thriving business . by the way its just a question with no malice involved
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

jordan
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by jordan » March 23, 2016, 11:25 am

Sorry you have closed. You did a great job for me with my new property. Thanks for all the help and good luck for the future.

geenome

FBI CLOSED

Post by geenome » March 26, 2016, 12:10 pm

I am very sorry and saddened by the news about FBI closing down. Such a shame as FBI offered a much needed service in the area ofUdon Thani and surrounding provinces.
I have very good memories of the first time I came to Thailand and buying my home in Nong Khai through FBI 9 years ago.... also chatting with Preben over a drink at his office. Good times..
Good luck Preben for the future..

wazza
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by wazza » March 26, 2016, 3:03 pm

" Thai nationals have been warned not to act as nominees of alien businessmen operating in tourism and real estate businesses or they may face a maximum three-year imprisonment and a fine of between 100,000 and one million baht, said Ms Pongphan Jianviriyaphan, director-general of Business Development Department "
Im wondering reading between the lines on this, that the refusal of the individuals visa application etc is related to the bigger picture of failed real estate developments in Phuket etc where entire estates have collapsed with many expats and their families loosing their investments. International Media attention and high profile international law firms from BKK asking questions. Corrupt Land Office issues and lawyers accepting illegal payments by the developers , UK Real Estate agents fleeing the country etc so the authorities have decided to crack down on the entire industry and deflect blame within their own provinces for their inability to monitor and ensure legal practices / activities are in place.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by jai yen yen » March 26, 2016, 11:59 pm

I always thought it was a huge risk to buy property in Thailand with a company and Thai nominees. I figured it was just a matter of time and that time may be now. There goes the Farang real estate market.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by Khun Paul » March 27, 2016, 6:36 am

I do not think that the refusal to grant a Visa has anything to do with bad business practice at all, it may be to do with a change from the Thai government about the make-up of the business set-up being translated into not allowing a foreigner to work in the business, but also that really does not fit the bill.
There is I am sure far more about this and maybe also linked to his personal life , anything here unfortunately cannot be ruled out from a vindictive Thai to just bloody awkwardness on behalf of the local enforcement agency, no matter what Udon will have lost a longstanding agency that not only served expats of an honest place from which to peruse and possibly buy and or rent property to house-owners who had someone they could trust to rent out their property.
A loss indeed and I should think that it has been a major problem for Preben to contact all the owners of rented property to explain the situation and to offer guidance on the best way forward. That I am sure he will do, but the options are limited a in some cases many Thai run places are not a patch on the system FBI had.

fatbob
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by fatbob » March 27, 2016, 9:10 am

It's not hard to work out, Thai's in authority are racist, a long running successful real estate business run by a westerner, no sorry not allowed, they want it for themselves so they can rape and pillage there customers, the country is going backwards in all ways fast.

socksy
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by socksy » March 27, 2016, 9:27 am

Couldn't agree more =D>
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 27, 2016, 9:50 am

Having in the past held both business visas and currently that of Non O dependency status i can confirm it is very difficult now to actually get a business visa here much more so than years gone by , the company wishing to employ an expat or business they will own/operate now has to produce a huge amount of back up documentation including fully paid up tax records etc etc and are fully inspected prior to the visa being issued ...Government (not privately operated ) schools wishing to employ expat teachers being an exception as one would expect being run by the government all issues will be in order :shock: :-#

I chose the Non O dependency route many years ago as it offers the same opportunities with regard to owning a business and working within it obviously with a work permit , it is my experience that this was the quickest and easiest way to go and i have now had the same one year renewable visa for the best part of 11 years , in fact just renewed and was both quick n easy... being the natural father or mother of a child born within the kingdom , your name on the birth certificate etc , funds to support and correct paperwork are the only criteria required .

I dont think anyone here can comment on any sinister government moves to rid the country of expat real estate companies but with regard to company set up not a lot has changed , when registering in the DBD office Thais must own a controlling 51% shareholdership , been that way for donkeys .

One point not clear is if it is possible to be a non working director of a company (Thai or Expat) maybe some one can confirm ?.

DM

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

wazza
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by wazza » March 27, 2016, 9:56 am

One point not clear is if it is possible to be a non working director of a company (Thai or Expat) maybe some one can confirm ?.
Can

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 27, 2016, 10:02 am

wazza wrote:
Can
So an expat could be a 49 % share holder and non working director of the company with lets say his or her Thai family members being the other 51% ,,,and then get the business staffed / managed , no business visa and or work permit required .

only an idea.

fatbob
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by fatbob » March 27, 2016, 10:16 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:I dont think anyone here can comment on any sinister government moves to rid the country of expat real estate companies but with regard to company set up not a lot has changed ,
Why not??

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 27, 2016, 10:26 am

coxo wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:I dont think anyone here can comment on any sinister government moves to rid the country of expat real estate companies but with regard to company set up not a lot has changed ,
Why not??
Obviously anyone can comment ... but to confirm or back up their comments with any proof of a plot is what i meant .

fatbob
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by fatbob » March 27, 2016, 11:39 am

Drunk Monkey wrote: by Drunk Monkey » March 27, 2016, 10:26 am

coxo wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:
I dont think anyone here can comment on any sinister government moves to rid the country of expat real estate companies but with regard to company set up not a lot has changed ,

Why not??

Obviously anyone can comment ... but to confirm or back up their comments with any proof of a plot is what i meant .
I have held a Non B and work permit since 1997, thankfully for the last year I'm on a retirement visa. Since about 2007 but especially in the last two years the ground rules are changing and there are obvious moves to rid the country of foreigners doing jobs THEY believe Thai's are capable of doing and there tolerance of foreigners has greatly reduced.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 27, 2016, 12:45 pm

coxo wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote: by Drunk Monkey » March 27, 2016, 10:26 am

coxo wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote:
I dont think anyone here can comment on any sinister government moves to rid the country of expat real estate companies but with regard to company set up not a lot has changed ,

Why not??

I have held a Non B and work permit since 1997, thankfully for the last year I'm on a retirement visa. Since about 2007 but especially in the last two years the ground rules are changing and there are obvious moves to rid the country of foreigners doing jobs THEY believe Thai's are capable of doing and there tolerance of foreigners has greatly reduced.
For sure more recently (last 2 years) it has become more difficult to follow the new rules n regs and obtain a B visa , the exact reason for the tightening up including reams more documentation is yet to be proven , as for a plot to rid the country of working foreigners that is open to all sorts of interpretations .... i do tend to agree that the tolerance level towards expats in general has shifted to a more negative stance then previously seen for instance say 15 years ago , but there has been lots of water go under the bridge since then .

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by Khun Paul » March 27, 2016, 4:49 pm

All points noted and talking generally, it would seem that since the inception and now the opening up of the borders for other ASEAN countries, there seems to be an undercurrent of probnlems perceived by Thais as other nationalities can come and take their jobs. probably because they are more qualified, speak better English and have work ethic which unfortunately Thais do not seem to have. I am not knocking Thais per se, but geberally thais donot work as hard as lkets say Vietnamese or even Malaysians, so the perception that some could lose their jobs is a valid one. What amazes me is that although they think that they ( Thais ) actually do nothing to improve their work ethics . They have bee bred to believe that Thai is best, we have the Govt touting Thainess and anything else is bad. Coupled with the lowest educational achievements in ASEAN almost, then those that are educated KNOW that Thailand has major problems , but as with so many other things reform of anything is nigh on impossible. it can only get worse before it gets better, as No-one can tell Thais what to do. if you did they would ignore you anyway so it is a waste of time energy and in some cases money.

JohnG
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by JohnG » March 27, 2016, 8:31 pm

Khun Paul wrote:Coupled with the lowest educational achievements in ASEAN almost, then those that are educated KNOW that Thailand has major problems , but as with so many other things reform of anything is nigh on impossible. it can only get worse before it gets better,
That seems a possibility, as the new draft constitution (if passed) only makes school obligatory and free up to Mathayom 3 (15 years old); although "12 years of free education" remains, the last three years of Mathayom 4 - 6 (16 - 18) are replaced by pre-school for 3 - 5 year olds.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/wor ... -thailand-

Return to “House & Land”