FBI CLOSED

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
FBI
Udonmap Sponsor

FBI CLOSED

Post by FBI » March 7, 2016, 12:01 pm

It is with great sadness that I must announce that FBI is closed due to Udon Immigration, for over a year, has refused to extend my business Visa.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience it may cause.

And before some of you bloodthirsty keyboard warriors get any funny ideas, I must disappoint you, I do not escape and I have not stolen anything from anyone.

Renters and homeowners will soon be contacted individually.

Keys will be returned as soon as possible.

I am grateful for many good experiences and for the confidence that has been shown FBI through the 16 years FBI has been doing real estate business in Udon.

Preben

mak
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by mak » March 7, 2016, 12:59 pm

Sorry to hear that Preben. Good luck in the future.

fatbob
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by fatbob » March 7, 2016, 1:06 pm

Sad news after putting in 16 solid years running a business in this difficult country. Can you let us know the reason why they would not renew your visa? Just wondering if it has to do with under the table payments or blatant anti western feelings, they have frustrated the hell out of me lately wanting tea money.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by mathusalah80 » March 7, 2016, 1:19 pm

Preben,
For the record, (and information of those same 'bloodthirsty warriors, to whom you have referred),we have experienced, both personal and business, differences of opinion over the past many years, and it is fair to say we are not exactly 'bosom friend's'. So this is an 'authentic' public thank you, not a 'contrived' post from one of your friends!
You have no peer as regards your expertise, knowledge and experience, in real estate matters, in this area. Also, no one can disagree that, for nearly two decades, you have provided an invaluable service to, and helped very many ex-pats, (particularly new arrivals), to overcome the many problems, and to avoid possibly disastrous pitfalls, in their search to purchase/rent a home in their new homeland. There are many expats who owe you a sincere vote of thanks, for the services you have provided.
Good luck in whatever new venture you decide to undertake.
Dennis (aka Mathusalah80).

cactus
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by cactus » March 7, 2016, 2:26 pm

sad news indeed preben. whats there problem? good luck and thanks mate, cheers

mr passout
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by mr passout » March 7, 2016, 2:35 pm

Sorry to hear about your situation Preben.
Hope it all works out for you.
cheers Mike

glalt
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by glalt » March 8, 2016, 6:57 pm

Hopefully, he'll be able to sell the business to a Thai.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by Khun Paul » March 9, 2016, 6:10 am

Preben you were there when I came and now you seem to be leaving ( well anyway the business is ). Sorry to hear about your problems with the faceless ones who cannot be named, but it is of no surprise to me. They seem to enjoy in some cases making lives miserable .
Hope to catch up with you at some juncture, take care .

Leofinn48

FBI CLOSED

Post by Leofinn48 » March 9, 2016, 7:15 pm

Hi Preben,
Very sorry to hear , that your company FBI Real Estate, is closed.
I have NO idea why some incompetent people in Udon imigration, want to close a 16 years old good running company ???
Because they don´t give Mr. Preben a new bussines visa,
FBI - and Preben , have done so many good things for Udon , many people come to Udon because they know they can
buy / rent a house from a very fair and honest man Preben / FBI.

Whish you and you family , all the best in future in Udon.

Cheers Leo

oangh
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by oangh » March 9, 2016, 7:41 pm

WHY was you refused visa???

possom

FBI CLOSED

Post by possom » March 9, 2016, 7:57 pm

:( Sorry to hear the news regarding closure of FBI. I was looking forward to purchasing a house for my wife and family. I was very happy with FBI website and the price of the properties. Most of all, Preben seemed to be an experienced and trustworthy person. I hope that the Thai authorities reconsider their decision.

Twixies
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by Twixies » March 9, 2016, 8:37 pm

oangh wrote:WHY was you refused visa???
I was thinking the same. Very strange to be refused Visa after 16 year :-k

Twixies
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by Twixies » March 9, 2016, 9:02 pm

Unable to edit.
But maybe there is something about that
Thai nationals have been warned not to act as nominees of alien businessmen operating in tourism and real estate businesses or they may face a maximum three-year imprisonment and a fine of between 100,000 and one million baht, said Ms Pongphan Jianviriyaphan, director-general of Business Development Department
http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/151873

Preben, i hope you will tell the reason, so other don't have the same problem

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by jai yen yen » March 10, 2016, 6:20 am

It could very well be that the Thais don't want a foreigner dealing in real estate now that is becoming big buisness in Udon. I think just a sign of the times and a sign of what is yet to come. All the Thais in control only want is foreigners to spend money and leave, not make it. They want the whole pie for themselves, the poor Thai are lucky to get a few crumbs as well.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by Wee Jimmy » March 10, 2016, 10:34 am

Tottaly agree with last post.

FBI
Udonmap Sponsor

FBI CLOSED

Post by FBI » March 10, 2016, 3:18 pm

First, thank you for the positive response and the many hundreds of compassionate mails that I received the last few days.

I have asked over and over again, but Udon Immigration don't want to inform me, why they do not want to prolong my existing business visas.

My feelings are that Jai Yen Yen unfortunately is right, the Thais don't want a foreigner dealing in anything now.
I too think that it is a sign of the times and a sign of what is yet to come.

Be careful out there

I am sad that it had to end this way

Preben

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 10, 2016, 11:16 pm

I dont know your marital status or if you have any children with your Thai partner ...if you do it is possible to get a Non Imm O dependency visa to live and work here to take care of your family/child..this is not a marriage visa. , you are allowed to get a work permit on this O visa and it is much easier than going down the business visa route , the paperwork required now for BV is horrendous including company tax returns receipts etc etc ... just a thought , i hope you manage to get something sorted out .
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

fatbob
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by fatbob » March 11, 2016, 11:33 am

Some of the Thai laws and rules are so archaic they destroy family's and people. I am not sure how many Thai's were employed by FBI but it would have been a few, they are now all unemployed and I bet Preben was a decent boss to work for. Well done immigration and the government!

wiking
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by wiking » March 11, 2016, 6:40 pm

maybe next will be wholesale - restaurant - bar who cant profe they have paid tax off 65.000 per month so they can support themself and family

mr t
udonmap.com

FBI CLOSED

Post by mr t » March 15, 2016, 12:59 pm

Have any customers managed to contact Preben and find out whats going on

Return to “House & Land”