UPVC Windows - Vignet

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
JohnG
udonmap.com

UPVC Windows - Vignet

Post by JohnG » April 23, 2016, 10:50 pm

My build is now nearing the "window" stage, so I'm getting quotes from a number of UPVC window / door suppliers as the original suppliers from Loei are now out of the frame for a number of reasons.

One which has only been mentioned in passing on UdonMap, but as far as I can see never on any other forum, is Vignet windows who apparently have a supplier in Udon.

Their prices, as posted here, seem almost too good to be true:

VIGNET TB 4,875
VEKA TB 7,800 White and Other Timber Grain Colors
EK DECORATE WINDSOR TB 9,490 (White or Black)
EUROPVC TB 9,130 (White) to TB 10,760 (Black or Wood Grain)
HEVTA TB 11,837 (Didn't bother to ask about colour options)

Does anyone know anything about them and how they compare to, say, Windsor?

I'm outside Udon, so does anyone even know exactly where they are - according to earlier posts they're 'near Big C near the flyover', but there's no more detail available on the 'net that I can find in English or Thai?

harry68
udonmap.com

UPVC Windows - Vignet

Post by harry68 » April 24, 2016, 4:39 am

I went aluminium
out of all the sub contractors i used these guys were outstanding
attached quote and a picture
good luck
IMG_7347.JPG
Screen Shot 2016-04-24 at 4.35.23 AM.png

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

UPVC Windows - Vignet

Post by FrazeeDK » April 24, 2016, 4:43 am

There is also a UPVC vendor at the large Thai Watsadu store on the east Ring Road between the Big C flyover and the Khon Khhaen highway.. The vendor is in a separate office/booth outside the front of the big store. They have various samples available and some brochures.. I don't recall the name..
Dave

SJP17
udonmap.com

UPVC Windows - Vignet

Post by SJP17 » April 24, 2016, 3:42 pm

Whats the pros and cons for Alu vs UPVC ?

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

UPVC Windows - Vignet

Post by FrazeeDK » April 24, 2016, 7:01 pm

I've got aluminum framed windows.. upside is much cheaper than UPVC. Downside is the frame is hollow and a heat sink.. Fit is not as tight as a UPVC.. UPVC upside is good fit, airtight, doesn't conduct as much heat.. I'm considering replacing my metal framed windows with higher quality double-paned UPVC..
Dave

papafarang
udonmap.com

UPVC Windows - Vignet

Post by papafarang » April 24, 2016, 7:25 pm

I wonder what the life expectancy is of UPVC in Thailand ?
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

UPVC Windows - Vignet

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 26, 2016, 8:04 pm

papafarang wrote:I wonder what the life expectancy is of UPVC in Thailand ?
I can't give you a life expectancy but the supplier I'm going to be using gives
a WARRANTY of : 10 years for white INOUTIC profiles and 5 years for colored laminated INOUTIC profiles.
This suggests to me that they will have a useful life of some multiple of those times.
In our case as most of our windows are shaded from direct sun for most of the day i would hope for more than three times the warranty period for the majority of them.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

JohnG
udonmap.com

UPVC Windows - Vignet

Post by JohnG » April 26, 2016, 11:54 pm

The 'non-Windsor' supplier in Udon is Standard-Plus, who supply Hevta windows - now waiting for a quote.

The only Vignet supplier in the area is in Khon Kaen - waiting for a quote from them also.

JohnG
udonmap.com

UPVC Windows - Vignet

Post by JohnG » April 27, 2016, 11:42 pm

harry68 wrote:I went aluminium
good luck
IMG_7347.JPG
That's quite a surprise - those are the same price as Windsor UPVC windows and doors, fitted with multipoint locks.

harry68
udonmap.com

UPVC Windows - Vignet

Post by harry68 » April 28, 2016, 5:08 am

JohnG wrote:
harry68 wrote:I went aluminium
good luck
IMG_7347.JPG
That's quite a surprise - those are the same price as Windsor UPVC windows and doors, fitted with multipoint locks.
yes there are cheeper around but u get what you pay for
this includes insect screens and not the flimsy normal sale they are in 35mm frame
the aluminium is powder coated
doors are top hung
I'm from northern territory in OZ harsher conditions than here the UPVC dis-colours very quick thats my reason for going aluminium

papafarang
udonmap.com

UPVC Windows - Vignet

Post by papafarang » April 28, 2016, 6:30 am

that would be my worry, they might be good, but in white , its not like you can repaint them, had mine replaced a couple of years back, had the white powder coated aluminum, very cheap , they had to come and build them on site as my house is 15 years old and every window was slightly different size and ready made windows were nowhere near the size of the openings, had 7x1280 windows, 1x 1500 window, one set double doors and 2 singles doors . I have had a couple pf issues with them. the double doors, one of the dampers blew a seal and oil leaked m and the latches were crap, plus I had to re do the screens as the guy fitting them obviously had a limp wrist with the screwdriver but that only took an hour to fix. but for 37,000 baht plus 3,000 to remove the old wooden ones they were a bargain.
the other aspect was as upvc has not been here for 25 years there is no way of knowing how well they will stand up to the weather here, plus apart from that the double glazing is only really useful if you keep the whole house air coned . my windows are open 95% of the time anyway, so double glazing would be pointless. it's also extremely quiet in my area no noisy residents , no road noise and no chickens at 5am
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Barney
udonmap.com

UPVC Windows - Vignet

Post by Barney » April 28, 2016, 9:06 am

Make sure when you are buying windows you compare apples with apples for quotes.
There is a wide variety of products and quality standards for all types of windows and especially doors.
As already stated, in most cases you "get what you pay for". And hopefully with a better quality product you get the warrantee.
I investigated and checked all brands available in town and eventually went for euroPVC. They are slightly more expensive but the end result I received is in my opinion was exactly what I wanted. Casement fitting for external tile and internal tile match up. Secure fit no rattles, and the locks and latches are top quality for security. Double glaze for sun and security. Factory team came from Chonburi and installed. Got my warrantee of 10 years which includes all frames etc and colour variance to the PVC. 1 year warrantee on screens and fittings.
Remember Thailand does not have a requirement to provide toughened or laminated glass. You may not get a good glass standard with cheap windows, so check. Good glass is essential for the safety of kids, pets and drunks :lol: around doors. Accidents do happen.
I have used euroPVC before building a house in Vietnam and that experience and knowing the product did sway my final choice. Hevta were eventually more expensive once they added all the extras on that euroPVc offered straight up.
I did not know about Vignet and will certainly give them a chance if there is a next time.
Good luck whatever anyone chooses to install.

JohnG
udonmap.com

UPVC Windows - Vignet

Post by JohnG » April 28, 2016, 9:47 pm

Barney wrote:Make sure when you are buying windows you compare apples with apples for quotes.
There is a wide variety of products and quality standards for all types of windows and especially doors.
As already stated, in most cases you "get what you pay for". And hopefully with a better quality product you get the warrantee.
I investigated and checked all brands available in town and eventually went for euroPVC. They are slightly more expensive but the end result I received is in my opinion was exactly what I wanted. Casement fitting for external tile and internal tile match up. Secure fit no rattles, and the locks and latches are top quality for security. Double glaze for sun and security. Factory team came from Chonburi and installed. Got my warrantee of 10 years which includes all frames etc and colour variance to the PVC. 1 year warrantee on screens and fittings.
Remember Thailand does not have a requirement to provide toughened or laminated glass. You may not get a good glass standard with cheap windows, so check. Good glass is essential for the safety of kids, pets and drunks :lol: around doors. Accidents do happen.
I have used euroPVC before building a house in Vietnam and that experience and knowing the product did sway my final choice. Hevta were eventually more expensive once they added all the extras on that euroPVc offered straight up.
I did not know about Vignet and will certainly give them a chance if there is a next time.
Good luck whatever anyone chooses to install.
I've coincidentally just got a quote from Standard Plus in Udon who supply Hevta windows; while I'm still waiting for a quote from EuroPVC, the quote from Khun Oat was about two thirds of that from Trade UPVC and ARC in Pattaya / Chonburi so I'm guessing the same may apply to Euro PVC, and about 20% less than Windsor in Udon.

From the little I know about it Hevta are meant to be amongst the best (if not the best) of those windows, so I'll be interested to compare them with Vignet in Khon Kaen.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

UPVC Windows - Vignet

Post by FrazeeDK » April 29, 2016, 10:54 am

can you advise where Starndard Plus is located in Udon and provide a google map link to it??
Dave

JohnG
udonmap.com

UPVC Windows - Vignet

Post by JohnG » April 29, 2016, 10:19 pm

I've sent you his phone number by PM.

Sorry I can't help any more than that as yet, but although we've spoken on the phone, 'Lined' and e-mailed I haven't had time to go to see him due to other building work at my house (I don't live in Udon). I'm hoping to go to Udon to see him next week, but you may well see him before I do - if so, I'd be glad to know what you think!

Return to “House & Land”