Well Lift Pump Not Working

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
macca46
udonmap.com

Well Lift Pump Not Working

Post by macca46 » April 27, 2018, 8:04 pm

I have a Hitachi GX 300 2 lift pump that has stopped working maybe a couple of days ago? but did not realize till my water tank was empty of course at that point it was dark, it is only just four year old.

It has power at the plug in I also ran a lead no luck have I have a user manual but it doesn't give you any trouble shooting tips also tried the net not much info there either.

Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated before a trip off to Steve, hope I can avoid this.

Thanks in advance.

TicToc
udonmap.com

Re: Well Lift Pump Not Working

Post by TicToc » April 27, 2018, 10:08 pm

I always start with the capacitor.or the pressure switch.
Capacitor may be bulging out at the sides,Amorn at old Big C sell them apart from numerous places in town.
If you have a multimeter check continuity on the two wires from the pressure switch.

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » April 28, 2018, 5:47 am

Most times it helps if you quote the model number as it appears on the pump as there can be many variations.
Pressure switches and any auto cut- out protection these days tend to be electronic and looking inside the casing achieves very little.
Probably best to get a recommended pump man to take a look.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » April 28, 2018, 7:59 am

Open the pressure cap , check the contacts are not stuck / blocked,( unplug the electrics first ) if clear and can open and shut ,then the capacitor is the main suspect , 500bht to replace mine , 2x in 15 years ,

macca46
udonmap.com

Post by macca46 » April 28, 2018, 12:41 pm

Thanks for the info every one I was trying to save myself a 50 odd K round trip I went and saw the the expert Steve at Udon Hardware bought a new pressure switch all back to normal.

Return to “House & Land”