Swimming pool

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
BKK-Udon
udonmap.com

Re: Swimming pool

Post by BKK-Udon » May 31, 2021, 11:44 pm

ajarnudon wrote:
May 31, 2021, 11:18 pm

I will have to own up - I couldn't resist the opportunity. In fact it is a 23,000 litre rainwater storage facility. A link to have a look at the setup viewtopic.php?f=42&t=43232&start=240
Well, you could maybe still swim... kind of a sensory deprivation tank? Built for 4!
:lol:

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » June 1, 2021, 10:04 am

BKK-Udon wrote:
May 31, 2021, 5:12 pm
@niggly Your pool looks good. I also got a bad feeling looking at those cracked samples. So much so that I haven’t decided what to use yet!

Chatted with this company below in English. Global prices are over the top, but Boontavorn has a big range and some good prices.

http://www.blezztile.com/Pool-Tiles/Ker ... Tiles.html
What about talking to local pool companies? Pretty sure they don’t stock them but source straight from the manufacturer when needed cutting out any nationwide home store profits.

One of the companies advertises on here offering a 5% discount on first orders

I’ve just given away about 40sqm of spares because I decided to enlarge the shallow end after ordering
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

BKK-Udon
udonmap.com

Post by BKK-Udon » June 1, 2021, 2:16 pm

Niggly wrote:
June 1, 2021, 10:04 am
BKK-Udon wrote:
May 31, 2021, 5:12 pm
@niggly Your pool looks good. I also got a bad feeling looking at those cracked samples. So much so that I haven’t decided what to use yet!

Chatted with this company below in English. Global prices are over the top, but Boontavorn has a big range and some good prices.

http://www.blezztile.com/Pool-Tiles/Ker ... Tiles.html
What about talking to local pool companies? Pretty sure they don’t stock them but source straight from the manufacturer when needed cutting out any nationwide home store profits.

One of the companies advertises on here offering a 5% discount on first orders

I’ve just given away about 40sqm of spares because I decided to enlarge the shallow end after ordering
It’s been my experience that pool company markups far exceed those of nationwide chains. TBH, I haven’t confirmed if Blezz Tiles in the link is actually manufacturing tiles or just wholesaling them. I think they also produce tiles though, so no middle man.

I would love to get hooked up with a pool company that didn’t treat their clients as entitled hi-sos with unlimited funds to be siphoned off freely and without remorse. What is it about concrete, steel, and tile that suddenly costs over a million if it has a blue fnish? :-k [-(

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » June 1, 2021, 2:47 pm

BKK-Udon wrote:
June 1, 2021, 2:16 pm

It’s been my experience that pool company markups far exceed those of nationwide chains. TBH, I haven’t confirmed if Blezz Tiles in the link is actually manufacturing tiles or just wholesaling them. I think they also produce tiles though, so no middle man.

I would love to get hooked up with a pool company that didn’t treat their clients as entitled hi-sos with unlimited funds to be siphoned off freely and without remorse. What is it about concrete, steel, and tile that suddenly costs over a million if it has a blue fnish? :-k [-(
Yep, I ended up organising everything myself after binning two companies that allegedly knew what they were doing & were going to provide a full turnkey solution which I would obviously be paying for.
I just brought a professional in at the end to plumb, wire & install everything in the machine room as I didn’t know what I was doing & really couldn’t be bothered to research it.

It’s probably worth mentioning I wanted a full perimeter overflow pool & none of the professionals I found had heard of one so just winged it
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Return to “House & Land”