House Fotos

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
Sabai
udonmap.com

Irish Speaking Not much off that here

Post by Sabai » May 27, 2007, 7:45 am

Duis muire guit

Ta fear go maith ag dul go di on teach amarach. Is fear leat na be ag caint ta se gaire niall se ag caint.

Gan aire i an botar leat.

Cead mile failte a chara.

I am sure our american friends will think we are talking gibberish over a guinness ! But not so. :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Re: Irish Speaking Not much off that here

Post by Irish Alan » May 27, 2007, 8:19 am

Is Notsoon Enough in Dublin? I have a Garda Si๓chana friend in Khon Kaen if the going gets tough... :D For a small fee Khun Bob the Builder can have bed and breakfast in the Bangkok Hilton.

erikr_
udonmap.com

Post by erikr_ » May 29, 2007, 10:36 pm

Dakoda wrote:
BKKSTAN wrote:Wow,that doesn't look like it is 4 weeks from completion and as you said in your request for photos,the photos that the builder sent you were not very good!They look to me as if they were designed to deceive!I hope you have not overpaid the installments!
Stan, you know better than that, 4 weeks in thai time is 4 months. Looks like it will be ready on time. 8)
looks similar to the new airport a week before the opening :D that was before they delayed the opening with 2 years

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

The squeaky Wheel...

Post by FrazeeDK » June 2, 2007, 1:53 pm

"working on another project"... Normal operation for a Thai Contractor to juggle several house projects at one time.. Short one on workers to make the other owner happy... Yes, indeed!!! Call the man and express you concern kindly.. A gentle nudge, push, and mild expression of disappointment might propel the contractor to move his main crew onto the job and speed things up.. That said, since you've paid the last installment you may just have to be patient.. No money hammer over the contractor's head means the only other recourse would be arriving and hiring a Thai Lawyer if the final provisions of the contract are not met...
I'm going through the same gyrations now although being in the area I can push the contractor when I visit each week.. The TW decided that wasn't enough so stays down in Udon and harangues the job foreman via cellphone if she feels the manpower on the ground isn't enough.. My completion date in the contract says June 16th.. Arhhhharharhar!!!... If it's done by July 16th I'll be pleasantly surprised.. However, despite the slowness the quality seems OK.. Judging from other homebuilding posts, my contractor knows to to put things up square and true.. My hugest gripe was my offended sense or order in seeing a building site disaster each time I visited.. With the TW on the scene a general police call is completed daily by the workers prior to their leaving for the day (no on-site work camp at my place..)
Dave

Sabai
udonmap.com

Post by Sabai » June 4, 2007, 8:05 pm

Thanks to Paul Roy anf Garnet.

The house has a sudden influx of workers since you all ""Surveyed"" the place.

My wife just informed me the upstairs is nearly complete and they are working at a tremendous rate downstairs. Apparently the builder got the ""message I am not alone in Udon and this could damage his image" Anyhow my wifes mother has witheld the final payment until the job is turnkey as agreed in Contract.

There was not bad words spoken just a bit of diplomacy used.

But when I saw the first few Photos after Paul posted them I did Flip.

Then after various postings from BKKstan beer Monkey etc. I cooled down and got drunk verry very drunk :shock: .

Long and short of it I usaually jump in at the deep end which I didnt because of your postings and various """Structural Engineneers""" :D :D :D arriving on site!

Thanks again lads will post Final pics shortly(legs crossed) :razz:

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » June 4, 2007, 8:19 pm

Sabai, that all sounds promising! :D I hope you get the end result you want.

Maybe Paul should have an "Engineer's hat in his collection, or maybe he did, and wore it!! ;) :lol:

Sabai
udonmap.com

Post by Sabai » June 4, 2007, 8:28 pm

Yes certain people where a little bit intimidated and did not wan to lose face.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » June 4, 2007, 8:31 pm

glad its working out better for you now sabai, maybe you will post some pics of the "Finished" house !
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Sabai
udonmap.com

Post by Sabai » June 4, 2007, 8:58 pm

Khun Briiannn Kee Mao at market (again)

Lao lao mak mak Briiann go Ting Tong. :razz: :razz:

Yes I will post Fotos as soon as possible. As soon as house and home magazine are finished with them. LOL

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » June 4, 2007, 10:06 pm

arjay wrote:Sabai, that all sounds promising! :D I hope you get the end result you want.

Maybe Paul should have an "Engineer's hat in his collection, or maybe he did, and wore it!! ;) :lol:
I have one already - It was earned last year. Its odd how my expectations and contractors expectations can vary so enormously :)
They seem to come round in the end though :)
better to do the job right than being called back in again and again - and only when I am happy, not them - do they get paid :)

Sabai
udonmap.com

Post by Sabai » June 30, 2007, 12:51 am

THe house this week!! No comment.Image

Workers hard at it. epecially when the cooker supposed to be in the middle of the floor area?

Must be the Jacuzzi

Nope this is

The Veranda

Some crazy paving I imported specially from China

Sabai
udonmap.com

Post by Sabai » June 30, 2007, 1:01 am

http://www.isarapix.com/pix69/1183139959.jpg

New bike for my son, Surprise.

farang
udonmap.com

Post by farang » June 30, 2007, 1:02 am

there ya go ,easy to post pic`s na ;)
www.udonmap.com

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » June 30, 2007, 4:37 am

good pic's sabai, the house is looking good inside and out.
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Sabai
udonmap.com

Post by Sabai » June 30, 2007, 8:23 am

I GIVE up???????????????????

I am an arshole

Irish Alan
udonmap.com

Post by Irish Alan » June 30, 2007, 11:02 am

Does he sit on the bike and you drive him around? :D Now that's what I call road safety.

Sabai
udonmap.com

Post by Sabai » June 30, 2007, 6:30 pm

Nope Alan if you look carefully its a new bike with flowers wrapped around it for good luck. I had just arrived home with it. :razz:

Sabai
udonmap.com

Post by Sabai » June 30, 2007, 7:32 pm

farang
udonmap.com

Post by farang » June 30, 2007, 9:11 pm

nice house pic`s looks like things are coming along nicely... but ....have you got a bar in your house as well ? :shock:
Sabai wrote:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » June 30, 2007, 10:21 pm

yeah nice 1 sabai a pool table too good thinking, . lol

and is she standing on a box. ? . :D

Return to “House & Land”