surveillance cameras

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: surveillance cameras

Post by pipoz4444 » December 22, 2020, 7:12 pm

Looking to find a contact or technician, who can supply and install quality Wireless Wi Fi Security Cameras, ones with Long Life Rechargeable Battery, LED Lights (good spread), IP Rating 65 or 67 and Memory Card 32 or 64GB.
I do realize that most will probably be made in China, but there are quality Chinese Brand Names/Products and then there are Sh...t ones and maybe something in between??

Does anyone know someone who installs them for a living in Udon Thani and knows which are the better Brands to use, as opposed to someone just flogging a Product

Does anyone want to recommend a good Brand Name with an IP Rating and long life rechargeable battery

Advice would be welcomed

pipoz4444

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » March 27, 2021, 3:07 pm

Using a Company called Smart Protection Services (based in Udon Thani in Nongsamrong) to install a second security system on the Property.

So far very professional, ins what they have offered and how they have responded to my questions. The Thai gentleman speaks fluent English.

System comprises, Cameras HIK Vision - Bullet & Dome types, Digital Recorder DS 7116 Series, 2TB Hard disk, quiet a few meters of external conduit fixed to wall, Cat 6 cable and several camera poles.

If you want his contact details, just PM me and I will forward them them to you.

pipoz4444

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » March 27, 2021, 5:51 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
March 27, 2021, 3:07 pm
Using a Company called Smart Protection Services (based in Udon Thani in Nongsamrong) to install a second security system on the Property.

So far very professional, ins what they have offered and how they have responded to my questions. The Thai gentleman speaks fluent English.

System comprises, Cameras HIK Vision - Bullet & Dome types, Digital Recorder DS 7116 Series, 2TB Hard disk, quiet a few meters of external conduit fixed to wall, Cat 6 cable and several camera poles.

If you want his contact details, just PM me and I will forward them them to you.

pipoz4444
Not for an argument Pip.
There is no reason why anyone with a small domestic system should insist on a Cat 6 wiring system. Cat 6 is for large commodity trading rooms dealing in huge amounts of data transfer each second not a few camera's for security purposes. Stop wasting money. But as they say UTY.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » March 27, 2021, 8:46 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:

pipoz4444
[/quote

Camera MB? Total cost approx ?

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » March 27, 2021, 11:52 pm

AlexO wrote:
March 27, 2021, 5:51 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:

pipoz4444
Not for an argument Pip.
There is no reason why anyone with a small domestic system should insist on a Cat 6 wiring system. Cat 6 is for large commodity trading rooms dealing in huge amounts of data transfer each second not a few camera's for security purposes. Stop wasting money. But as they say UTY.
Hi Alex and no argument from me.

I opted to use Cat 6, partly because deal with Cat 6 or 6A systems daily at work, plus the cable cost was a relatively small component (considering the length or amount of it) of the overall/total cost. The Cable cost was approximately 8% of the Total.

The money was split between the Cameras, 13 No (27.5%), Digital Video Recorder & Storage systems (13.4%), Video Balun & Adaptors (10.1%) Camera Poles & Conduit (14.8%) and Labor to Install (26.4%)

pipoz4444

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » March 28, 2021, 9:29 am

=D> =D> =D>
pipoz4444 wrote:
March 27, 2021, 11:52 pm
AlexO wrote:
March 27, 2021, 5:51 pm
pipoz4444 wrote:

pipoz4444
Not for an argument Pip.
Hi Alex and no argument from me.

I opted to use Cat 6, partly because deal with Cat 6 or 6A systems daily at work, plus the cable cost was a relatively small component (considering the length or amount of it) of the overall/total cost. The Cable cost was approximately 8% of the Total.

The money was split between the Cameras, 13 No (27.5%), Digital Video Recorder & Storage systems (13.4%), Video Balun & Adaptors (10.1%) Camera Poles & Conduit (14.8%) and Labor to Install (26.4%)

pipoz4444
[-o< [-o< [-o<
Nice to see someone who does not want to abuse a poster just because they dont quite agree with you. Sounds like a good buy Pip.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » March 28, 2021, 11:21 am

Camera Specs for anyone interested

0 Bullet Camera DS-2CE10DFT-F 2MP Bullet Camera EN_Page_1.jpg
0 Bullet Camera DS-2CE10DFT-F 2MP Bullet Camera EN_Page_2.jpg
0 Dome Camera DS-2CE56D8T-VPITF 2MP Ultra-Low Light Dome Camera EN_Page_1.jpg
0 Dome Camera DS-2CE56D8T-VPITF 2MP Ultra-Low Light Dome Camera EN_Page_2.jpg
0 Dome Camera DS-2CE56D8T-VPITF 2MP Ultra-Low Light Dome Camera EN_Page_4.jpg

pipioz4444

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » March 29, 2021, 6:38 am

I don't see the point in wireless cameras, one still has to run cabling for the power supply.

Put an 8 camera wired system in at home in Khon Kaen 3 years ago for the paltry sum of AU$250.00 and still going fine.

Works through internet and can monitor 24/7.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 29, 2021, 7:46 am

bluejets wrote:
March 29, 2021, 6:38 am
I don't see the point in wireless cameras, one still has to run cabling for the power supply.

Put an 8 camera wired system in at home in Khon Kaen 3 years ago for the paltry sum of AU$250.00 and still going fine.

Works through internet and can monitor 24/7.
There is every point in not installing wireless cameras as for a security system that is designed for security because WiFi can easily be disrupted so only preventing lazy thieves.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 29, 2021, 7:50 am

Chocolate fireguards were similarly overrated.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » March 29, 2021, 9:46 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
March 29, 2021, 7:46 am

There is every point in not installing wireless cameras as for a security system that is designed for security because WiFi can easily be disrupted so only preventing lazy thieves.
If the power was disrupted wouldn’t you have the same problem with a wired system?
bluejets wrote:
I don't see the point in wireless cameras, one still has to run cabling for the power supply
Not if it’s battery powered.
UFF DA!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 29, 2021, 10:27 am

Depending on budgets and who's selling the system, there are cameras that need separate DC power and cameras that have internal, rechargeable batteries. There are also cameras where power is provided over the LAN cable. Then there are Wi-Fi enabled cameras and Wi-Fi only cameras.

Then there are UPS's.

...and chocolate fireguards.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » March 29, 2021, 11:02 am

Each person has his own reasons for doing things and each person makes his own decision on how much he/she wishes to spend and on what. That's the good thing about having a "Choice" in life.

Added security is normally one obvious reason, but this was not my reason for installing the Camera system.

Question: How often have you bought something that you personally don't really need. :-k :-k

I could well have bought one of these (if I could find one).

pyrenees.jpg
pyrenees.jpg (15.37 KiB) Viewed 1952 times

pipoz4444

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » March 29, 2021, 11:11 am

My security cameras are still working fine. There are two separate systems. The hard wired system was installed by a small local company. There are four cameras. They record on a large hard drive. It drives four cameras which I discovered wasn't enough.

The other system has four Yi Home cameras. They too have been flawless. They are powered by a separate small solar system. Each camera has a 32 GB memory card. It takes a couple days to fill the card up then it starts over. That system is totally hands off and simply keeps working.

Both systems run off solar 24/7. The wired system runs directly off the 12 volt house battery bank. The Yi cameras need 220 volts so I have to use a small inverter with that small system.

I use the Yi camera system all the time because the hard wired system is in the Thai language. If we need to look at the recording, my wife has no problem opening the hard drive. Looking at the Yi recordings is very simple on my computer or phone.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 29, 2021, 6:43 pm

Jello wrote:
March 29, 2021, 9:46 am

If the power was disrupted wouldn’t you have the same problem with a wired system?
bluejets wrote:
I don't see the point in wireless cameras, one still has to run cabling for the power supply
Power cuts are why you have a UPS.
Battery powered cameras are a PITB
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » March 29, 2021, 8:53 pm

March 29, 2021, 6:43 pm
Jello wrote:
March 29, 2021, 9:46 am

bluejets wrote:
Either that or during the Power Cut, you sit outside on the Porch with the Shotgun.

I took a Selfie \:D/ \:D/

Selfie.jpg
Selfie.jpg (12.21 KiB) Viewed 1847 times
pipoz4444

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » March 29, 2021, 9:56 pm

tamada wrote:
March 29, 2021, 10:27 am
Depending on budgets and who's selling the system, there are cameras that need separate DC power and cameras that have internal, rechargeable batteries. There are also cameras where power is provided over the LAN cable. Then there are Wi-Fi enabled cameras and Wi-Fi only cameras.

Then there are UPS's.

...and chocolate fireguards.
Or just get a big dog or two.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 30, 2021, 6:47 am

We have "twa dugs", big broon bastards (we truly never met the father) and although I have never been a proponent of using them for home security, as long as some of my tribe feed them, get their shots, clean up their sh*t and handle all other fiscal aspects of their keep, I am quite pleased with their performance.
Last edited by tamada on March 30, 2021, 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » March 30, 2021, 6:53 am

March 29, 2021, 6:43 pm

Totally agree.

Jello
udonmap.com

Post by Jello » March 30, 2021, 8:28 am

How long will your ups keep your cameras running?
UFF DA!

Return to “House & Land”