Shower water heater

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
glalt
udonmap.com
Posts: 2001
Joined: January 14, 2007, 10:35 am
Location: Nong Hin, Loei

Shower water heater

Post by glalt » July 20, 2019, 2:42 pm

Last night my wife had a hot shower. She normally goes to bed before I do. I went for my shower and no hot water. The little green LED light was off. It is always on when the power is on. I took the cover off and it had power. Resetting the ELB did nothing. It was too late to do anything so I suffered with a cold shower. This morning I unwired it and took it down. I had it on my workbench and noticed an odd smell. It was not like burned wires or electrical. I removed the circuit board and found the problem. A Jing Jok (gecko) managed to somehow get under the board. It fried itself and the circuit board. Where the cable goes in is such a small opening that it seems impossible that it could have gotten in there. It wouldn't have been so bad except that the heater was less than a a month old.

So off the the local electric shop. The little local store only had cheap ones and one Panasonic. I overpaid for the Panasonic but I didn't care. Of course I had to drill more holes in the wall because the Panasonic is longer and narrower. Then I had to listen to the wife complain because of the old holes. I had to move it further over because my wires were too short which exposed those holes.

If you have any electrical or electronic devices, make sure they are well sealed up because those geckos can get through unbelievably small openings.



User avatar
kopkei
udonmap.com
Posts: 1637
Joined: August 27, 2010, 6:55 am

Re: Shower water heater

Post by kopkei » July 20, 2019, 3:20 pm

yep , tchintchok (esan kieki-em )also problem to many aircons , as to these water heaters i do not want them ,they are not safe at all ...
we use this one https://www.kitchenform-itt.com/product ... 99-sev-150 ;)

glalt
udonmap.com
Posts: 2001
Joined: January 14, 2007, 10:35 am
Location: Nong Hin, Loei

Re: Shower water heater

Post by glalt » July 20, 2019, 4:11 pm

kopkei wrote:
July 20, 2019, 3:20 pm
yep , tchintchok (esan kieki-em )also problem to many aircons , as to these water heaters i do not want them ,they are not safe at all ...
we use this one https://www.kitchenform-itt.com/product ... 99-sev-150 ;)
I considered a tank but none of their thermostats would go low enough. I would have had to do a lot of plumbing and install mixer valves. I think the higher end on demand hot water heaters are safe enough. I have a good ground and the ELCB provides more safety.

minimiglia
udonmap.com
Posts: 424
Joined: January 31, 2017, 10:24 am

Re: Shower water heater

Post by minimiglia » July 20, 2019, 5:27 pm

what on earth do you need a water heater in the kitchen for here???

User avatar
kopkei
udonmap.com
Posts: 1637
Joined: August 27, 2010, 6:55 am

Re: Shower water heater

Post by kopkei » July 20, 2019, 6:49 pm

why hot water ?, i always shower with hot water , we also have a bath , so we also take regularly a hot bath ...
we wash our dishes with hot water ,and use hot water to cook (more quickly) and to clean , the boiler has a timer installed warming up 1 hour at 06.00h and 30 min at 17.00h when we have visit (more water use) ,temperature adjustable at your preference..., installment was easy because new build home ...to us it is convenient... ;)

User avatar
Barney
udonmap.com
Posts: 3301
Joined: November 1, 2012, 5:51 am
Location: Outback of Nong Samrong Udon Thani

Shower water heater

Post by Barney » July 20, 2019, 8:40 pm

As I sit at my house tonight thinking as a true white privileged right wing falang and having just finished my swim with the family and toweled off as now cracking a lovely bottle of 2016 Aussie Shiraz, ( maybe it’s bottle number 2 ) I have been bought back to earth, quite abruptly I might add, with kopkies post showing me just how much behind the 8 ball I am as far as privilege goes. A BATH that actually gets used!!! Must be half a century or more since my last memory of that hiso activity. It must be an English habit that is hard to let go. But I suppose the novelty here with a bath for the English is not having coal in the tub. Only joking. I know your coal industry fell over years ago. Thank you Margaret.

But I do digress and will admit that I do have a small hot water heater under one if the 2 kitchen sinks for those times of very greasy dishes and utensils. It was supplied with the decor kitchen. Rarely used.
When building we never thought a ceiling water heater was necessary. Just have the wall units like most.

Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glalt
udonmap.com
Posts: 2001
Joined: January 14, 2007, 10:35 am
Location: Nong Hin, Loei

Re: Shower water heater

Post by glalt » July 20, 2019, 9:20 pm

Barney, don't you feel guilty being happy and enjoying life while other members are bitter and hateful?

mickojak
udonmap.com
Posts: 1282
Joined: June 3, 2012, 3:08 pm

Re: Shower water heater

Post by mickojak » July 20, 2019, 11:12 pm

Barney,
Don't feel guilty.
I'm like you, all good.

Pool looks great

User avatar
neeemu
udonmap.com
Posts: 289
Joined: February 13, 2007, 2:53 am
Location: North East UK and Bantad, Udon

Re: Shower water heater

Post by neeemu » July 21, 2019, 4:47 am

Barney, where's your gaff at? I'll be round for a swim! Nice spot for a beer that.

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 1381
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: Shower water heater

Post by newtovillagelife » July 21, 2019, 5:13 am

Barney, do you allow any non whites(Thais) to taint that pool, or do you keep it clean.

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 3415
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: Shower water heater

Post by saint » July 21, 2019, 5:15 am

minimiglia wrote:
July 20, 2019, 5:27 pm
what on earth do you need a water heater in the kitchen for here???
Its called hygiene. :-k

User avatar
Barney
udonmap.com
Posts: 3301
Joined: November 1, 2012, 5:51 am
Location: Outback of Nong Samrong Udon Thani

Re: Shower water heater

Post by Barney » July 21, 2019, 8:05 am

newtovillagelife wrote:Barney, do you allow any non whites(Thais) to taint that pool, or do you keep it clean.
Black, white or brindle are always welcome as long as a life guard is on duty.
No other prerequisite required, but neighbours kids are encouraged to take a leak first. ImageImageImage



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

minimiglia
udonmap.com
Posts: 424
Joined: January 31, 2017, 10:24 am

Re: Shower water heater

Post by minimiglia » July 21, 2019, 8:07 am

saint wrote:
July 21, 2019, 5:15 am
minimiglia wrote:
July 20, 2019, 5:27 pm
what on earth do you need a water heater in the kitchen for here???
Its called hygiene. :-k
Ha HA hygiene for what???????????? complete BS

minimiglia
udonmap.com
Posts: 424
Joined: January 31, 2017, 10:24 am

Re: Shower water heater

Post by minimiglia » July 21, 2019, 8:12 am

kopkei wrote:
July 20, 2019, 6:49 pm
why hot water ?, i always shower with hot water , we also have a bath , so we also take regularly a hot bath ...
we wash our dishes with hot water ,and use hot water to cook (more quickly) and to clean , the boiler has a timer installed warming up 1 hour at 06.00h and 30 min at 17.00h when we have visit (more water use) ,temperature adjustable at your preference..., installment was easy because new build home ...to us it is convenient... ;)
Washing up?? hell I stopped doing that over 20 years ago, have a superb Siemens dish washer cleans everything to like new.

User avatar
kopkei
udonmap.com
Posts: 1637
Joined: August 27, 2010, 6:55 am

Re: Shower water heater

Post by kopkei » July 21, 2019, 8:21 am

well strangely enough it is my wife who is using the bath the most , nothing hiso ,neither english habit ?, but simply a way to relax or relieve some muscle/ bone pains we al get when getting older ....we also have a swim and yes my thais pienongs are allowed to use it every time they visited , without even the water turning yellow after , this all depending how well educated they are about this ?...some people here must have really neanderthal pienongs? we also have a shower and toilet next to the swim ,so no running wet into the home
as to Washing up?? hell I stopped doing that over 20 years ago, have a superb Siemens dish washer cleans everything to like new.
a dish washer in a household of 2 people ? ridiculous... with nothing but time to spare and it will make you lazy ,i understand now some people are bored all day ,spending all their time on internet ...;)

glalt
udonmap.com
Posts: 2001
Joined: January 14, 2007, 10:35 am
Location: Nong Hin, Loei

Re: Shower water heater

Post by glalt » July 21, 2019, 8:55 am

My dishwasher has a very large outside sink and she has no problems using cold water.

As a side note, she has found that it helps a lot to use dish washing detergent. :-"

minimiglia
udonmap.com
Posts: 424
Joined: January 31, 2017, 10:24 am

Re: Shower water heater

Post by minimiglia » July 21, 2019, 11:27 am

kopkei wrote:
July 21, 2019, 8:21 am
well strangely enough it is my wife who is using the bath the most , nothing hiso ,neither english habit ?, but simply a way to relax or relieve some muscle/ bone pains we al get when getting older ....we also have a swim and yes my thais pienongs are allowed to use it every time they visited , without even the water turning yellow after , this all depending how well educated they are about this ?...some people here must have really neanderthal pienongs? we also have a shower and toilet next to the swim ,so no running wet into the home
as to Washing up?? hell I stopped doing that over 20 years ago, have a superb Siemens dish washer cleans everything to like new.
a dish washer in a household of 2 people ? ridiculous... with nothing but time to spare and it will make you lazy ,i understand now some people are bored all day ,spending all their time on internet ...;)
My wife wanted a bath in our house when built, used about 2 times in over 10 years. I have had a dishwasher even when single one of my best buys, called modern living.

glalt
udonmap.com
Posts: 2001
Joined: January 14, 2007, 10:35 am
Location: Nong Hin, Loei

Re: Shower water heater

Post by glalt » July 21, 2019, 12:05 pm

I dislike bath tubs to the point that I avoid hotels that have a tub that I have to stand in while taking a shower.

User avatar
kopkei
udonmap.com
Posts: 1637
Joined: August 27, 2010, 6:55 am

Re: Shower water heater

Post by kopkei » July 21, 2019, 1:34 pm

so we can see ,we are all different ...what is important to you is maybe not important to others , i surely not start picking at others because they think different as me , i have accepted long time already that we all are different ,
maybe time for others to learn to accept this too?.. , what is important is as long as you are happy and even more important stay happy ... ;)

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 3415
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: Shower water heater

Post by saint » July 22, 2019, 7:35 am

minimiglia wrote:
July 21, 2019, 8:12 am
kopkei wrote:
July 20, 2019, 6:49 pm
why hot water ?, i always shower with hot water , we also have a bath , so we also take regularly a hot bath ...
we wash our dishes with hot water ,and use hot water to cook (more quickly) and to clean , the boiler has a timer installed warming up 1 hour at 06.00h and 30 min at 17.00h when we have visit (more water use) ,temperature adjustable at your preference..., installment was easy because new build home ...to us it is convenient... ;)
Washing up?? hell I stopped doing that over 20 years ago, have a superb Siemens dish washer cleans everything to like new.
Really , interesting . I think you will find it heats the water , So what you call BS for hygiene only works in a dishwasher then . :confused: :confused:

Post Reply

Return to “House & Land”