Gardening & Landscaping

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Re: Gardening & Landscaping

Post by pipoz4444 » July 7, 2021, 7:01 pm

Just doing the traditional rice planting \:D/ \:D/

00 Farm 05 July 2021 M 1.jpg
0 Farm 06 July 2021 (4) (Medium).jpg
1 Farm Planting 07 July 2021  (2a) (Medium).jpg
00 Farm 05 July 2021 (13) (Medium).jpg
pipoz4444

That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 23, 2021, 9:12 am

pipoz

Nice to see peace and tranquillity at work on your property. Lots of room to expand.

We got some lime tree graft cuttings delivered online some time ago and the fruit is ready on the first trees now.
They are a very large limes as shown in the comparison photo. Slight bit more sour tending to a more lemon taste but very juicy and hopefully healthy.

We cut them up, put in a jar and add honey to sweeten. Leave for minimum 1 week.
Taken a shot ( shot glass size) straight down first thing in the morning or add warm water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 23, 2021, 6:23 pm

Nice size Limes Barney.

Can I ask where on-line, did you find your Lime Trees supplier. Would appreciate the Link

I have about 8 lime trees growing at the House, none at the Farm. Bought all them from the local nursery about 5 years back for around 100B each. Then just dug a hole, added some potting mix and stuck them in. I know this wasn't very scientific. Most of the Lime trees struggled to get going.

The the 2 at the front of the house are in an area that drains better and so they shot up fasters that the other 6, which by the side of the Garage, which can hold water during the wet season. I gather the lime tress don't like sitting in damp soil for long periods.

I also think the limes trees prefer sitting in a more loamy type of soil (more free draining) than being in that heavier wet clay, like they are. Next time, I will also plant them up higher in a slight mound.

They all started out at 70cm high(5 years back and the 2 No at the front are now over 2.5 meters and fruit well and the other 6 No around 1.5 meter, but still fruit OK. My Limes are much smaller than yours, around 45mm diameter. Yours look like tennis balls.

PS. The Farm is just a hobby and place to relax (very quite no Soi dogs barking). Having lived and worked in cities most of my life, the Udon Thani countryside can be a nice place to wind back and relax, a little bit like stepping back in time. =D>

It's a good way to throw money down a Hole \:D/ \:D/ Still its good fun to sit down there from time to time, with a few bottles late in the afternoon. No mossi's down there.

pipoz4444

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 24, 2021, 10:09 am

My 10 year old Honda weedwacker is on its last legs......I want to replace with another Honda. I see two advertised at Homepro......the GX35 for 8290 Baht and the UMK 435 for 9900 Baht. Both show 1.4HP. Can anyone help differentiate between the two? We have an acre of land that needs regular trimming.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 24, 2021, 10:23 am

Manuals for both to compare
https://www.engine-specs.net/honda/gx35.html

https://www.honda.co.jp/ownersmanual/Ho ... 01001.html

Hope this helps
if you need more info just Google

eagle
udonmap.com

Post by eagle » July 24, 2021, 10:38 am

parrot wrote:
July 24, 2021, 10:09 am
My 10 year old Honda weedwacker is on its last legs......I want to replace with another Honda. I see two advertised at Homepro......the GX35 for 8290 Baht and the UMK 435 for 9900 Baht. Both show 1.4HP. Can anyone help differentiate between the two? We have an acre of land that needs regular trimming.
Model GX35 has only engine from Honda. UMK435 is fully Honda by engine and other parts. If you look Homepro net page, they clearly tell that.

In fact GX35 is model number for the engine made by Honda.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 24, 2021, 10:43 am

Pretty sure UMK435 refers to the type of whacker & chassis of the model & GX35 is the engine so it’s not possible to compare.
The UMK will have an engine & vice versa the GX will be attached to a chassis.

I’ve got a Honda mower I’ve been referring to as a GX160 until I tried to get some spares from that Buriram place & was told that’s only the engine
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » July 24, 2021, 10:44 am

eagle wrote:
July 24, 2021, 10:38 am

Model GX35 has only engine from Honda. UMK435 is fully Honda by engine and other parts. If you look Homepro net page, they clearly tell that.

Beat me to it 👍😂

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 24, 2021, 10:57 am

eagle wrote:
July 24, 2021, 10:38 am
parrot wrote:
July 24, 2021, 10:09 am

Thanks. Sort of like the lawnmower I bought with a Honda engine and a Sakara body (quality engine, piece-of-crap body) and then the Honda lawnmower with a Honda engine and Honda chassis/frame......high quality all around. Thanks for the explanation.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 26, 2021, 10:40 am

pipoz4444 wrote:Nice size Limes Barney.

Can I ask where on-line, did you find your Lime Trees supplier. Would appreciate the Link

Pipoz
My mistake, false news, these limes were from a tree graft from a bloke in Sam Phrao. Who looks after our Kwai.
Was some time ago but the wifey is grafting the same tree. As in the small black bag in the photo.
I’m sure we can spare a couple when they are ready.

Also just started to see another fruit as in the photo. Little orange one all alone. Missus says it’s good for cancer. Not sure the name if someone knows.

Pumpkin also cracking on

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » July 26, 2021, 11:11 am

Great you got GAC ( Momordica cochinchinensis ) the orange colour fruit full of seeds. You should install trellis and they will hang like passion fruits.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » July 26, 2021, 12:05 pm

Following on from 48 hours of almost non-stop rain, this morning in the dry spell I looked at the garden and hopefully following a morning of gentle breeze and good drainage, the grass could be cut, not all of it but most of it , on a high cut . Weeding is a breeze but my back tells me little and often .

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » July 26, 2021, 1:45 pm

Momordica cochinchinensis Thais call them fahk khao ฟักข้าว......sometimes served with ice-cream. Loaded with all sorts of vitamins/minerals/cures-what-ails-you sort of things

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 26, 2021, 1:55 pm

the-monk wrote:Great you got GAC ( Momordica cochinchinensis ) the orange colour fruit full of seeds. You should install trellis and they will hang like passion fruits.
Thanks for the tip on the trellis.
There actually growing on another herbal vine so will look what to do for expansion.
Just ripped out our 4 overgrown passionfruit vines and starting a new place.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 28, 2021, 4:05 pm

Hi Barney a

Bought about 6 No of the following trees types to finish off the garden back in May 2019. These are not the actual pictures of them in the garden, but it should be close to what they might look like when I get back.

Strawberry Guava Tree: 1.70m high
Trinitario Cocoa: 1.40m high
Spanish Lime Tree: 1.70m high
NutmegTree: 2.00m high
Cinnamon Tree: 1.20m high

Strawberry Guava Tree
Strawberry guava CT (1).jpg

Trinitario Cocoa Tree
Trinitario cocoa CTH (3).jpg

Spanish Lime Tree
Spanish Lime - Melicoccus bijugatus CTH (3).jpg

Spanish Lime - Melicoccus bijugatus CTH (2).jpg
Spanish Lime - Melicoccus bijugatus CTH (2).jpg (11.7 KiB) Viewed 4172 times

NutmegTree
Nutmeg Tree CTH (2).jpg

The Strawberry Guava, Spanish Lime and Trinitario Cocoa all seem to be growing well at this stage, and from memory the Cinnamon Trees had started to shoot up. But the Nutmeg Tree didn't go well and last I saw, 4 out of the 6 had died

pipoz4444

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » August 5, 2021, 12:50 pm

That pumpkin came good and ripened in our garden

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 5, 2021, 10:11 pm

Come the zombie apocalyptic event expect us all to turn up at yours Barney.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » August 6, 2021, 5:27 am

Even zombies aren’t invited due to Covid, but I can pass you some pumpkin and a famous Aussie recipe over the fence to feed your minions.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » August 15, 2021, 10:30 am

Probably more appropriate if this is here rather than the weather channel.

I’m quite chuffed how these turf sods have turned out. Deep green, tight growth & strong blades. Nearly ready for the first cut.

Last year was a disaster……

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 15, 2021, 11:09 am

Niggly wrote:
August 15, 2021, 10:30 am
Probably more appropriate if this is here rather than the weather channel.

I’m quite chuffed how these turf sods have turned out. Deep green, tight growth & strong blades. Nearly ready for the first cut.

Last year was a disaster……
have you gave them fertilizer yet ? by now roots have formed so a granular feed will go well this time of year. TOP TIP. never follow instructions for the fertilizer, what ever it says to use half the amount and feed it twice as often.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Return to “House & Land”