Looking for advice to sell properties in Udorn

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
johndischert1
udonmap.com

Looking for advice to sell properties in Udorn

Post by johndischert1 » December 29, 2019, 6:55 pm

We have two properties we would like to sell, getting up in years. How do you determine price to sell? An does anyone have some experience with a real estate agent they trust? If so, please pass along. Also interested in how to repatriate (to US) the funds from the sale... We have owned the property for many years and certainly will sell for more than the funds we brought into Thailand to purchase, how do you the get profit out of the country? Any other advice for things I have not thought of would be appreciated...

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Re: Looking for advice to sell properties in Udorn

Post by dunroaming » December 29, 2019, 10:01 pm

Honestly tried that and failed but wish you luck, I found that word of mouth within the estate works well but expect to pay 3% of the price and they will also push the price down. Most estate agents in town will accept your house and advertise but won't push for it to be sold. Again 3% fee. Plus's transfer costs Bahtdold u can advertise for free and if required upgrade to premium at minimum cost.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » December 30, 2019, 8:39 am

If the banks refuse to send your money to the US, then try Dee Money.

https://www.deemoney.com/

This real estate company is really good and run by a foreigner. They helped a friend of mine sell his home and he says they are very professional.

https://www.isanrealestate.com/en/about ... al-estate/
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » December 30, 2019, 10:50 am

Always found that speaking to the local mom and pop shop about who is selling what (they always seem to know) gives you a good idea of local prices and after you've done your research let them know you might be selling and you'll tip them if they introduce someone. Of course if you're on a farang estate just ring some of the people selling already (there seems to be plenty on offer atm) and ask them what they're up for but bear in mind they're usually looking to recover what they paid and it's not very likely they'll get it because there are so many properties up for sale.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

johndischert1
udonmap.com

Post by johndischert1 » December 30, 2019, 12:44 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
December 30, 2019, 8:39 am

This real estate company is really good and run by a foreigner. They helped a friend of mine sell his home and he says they are very professional.

Dee money unless I miss something currently does not transfer Thai to USD... They did say they would add in the future. Thanks for the info on ISAN real estate will check them out...

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » December 30, 2019, 5:52 pm

johndischert1 wrote:
December 30, 2019, 12:44 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
December 30, 2019, 8:39 am

Dee money unless I miss something currently does not transfer Thai to USD... They did say they would add in the future. Thanks for the info on ISAN real estate will check them out...
Yes, they send from Thai to USD. The conversion chart is right on their home page.
Attachments
Screenshot (25).png
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » December 30, 2019, 9:58 pm

- on pricing I'd say finding out land values and approximate house prices could be done down at the land office..

- I've been impressed in seeing some of Issan Real Estate's listings since they really seem to do proper staging of a property to increase its curb appeal. A bit overboard in their descriptions of the neighborhoods though.. Your place would likely get a "a mere 150 meters from UD Town and out the back gate of AEK Udon Hospital..."

- as for repatriating monies to the States if you have a bank account here or your wife does, just go and ask what procedures would be needed to transfer money Stateside...
Dave

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » December 30, 2019, 10:44 pm

Things may have changed, but quite a number of years ago I worked here until the Thai economy crashed. I was told by expat experts that I would have problems getting my money out of Thailand. I have a US bank account also. I went to my Thai bank and simply had a cashiers check made out to my US bank. I endorsed it for deposit only and mailed it to my US bank. I had no problems at all.

Return to “House & Land”