Replace deep cycle lead acid with lithium batteries

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
glalt
udonmap.com

Replace deep cycle lead acid with lithium batteries

Post by glalt » April 14, 2021, 10:39 am

My lead acid batteries are getting weak and I am looking for a company here in Thailand to sell me lithium replacement batteries. I would like to continue to use my EP Solar Tracer MPPT charge controllers. I now have two battery banks, one of 450 AH and the other 250 AH charged with a total of 6 solar panels.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: Replace deep cycle lead acid with lithium batteries

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 15, 2021, 7:11 am

glalt wrote:
April 14, 2021, 10:39 am
My lead acid batteries are getting weak and I am looking for a company here in Thailand to sell me lithium replacement batteries. I would like to continue to use my EP Solar Tracer MPPT charge controllers. I now have two battery banks, one of 450 AH and the other 250 AH charged with a total of 6 solar panels.
Lithium batteries are not your best option. LiFePO4 are significantly better.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » April 15, 2021, 9:49 am

After looking at all the options, I have pretty much decided to go to the 150 AH 2 volt batteries. A bit expensive also but one bank of 6 to get 12 volts should last as long as I do. The advantage being that I can piggyback my charge controllers and it is basically plug and play.

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » April 15, 2021, 10:36 am

At this stage and your application, I'd tend to be in favour of your last alternative also.

The link below might give you a bit of reading , probably convince you that you've made the right decision also.

Cheers Jorgo

https://oh8stn.org/blog/2018/05/17/lit ... %20packs.

Return to “House & Land”