Larger Plants

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
Jai2
udonmap.com

Larger Plants

Post by Jai2 » September 5, 2021, 1:37 pm

I would like some Mid size trees, and some larger general Plants, but every place I visit, seem just to have very small plants--- I know things grow quicker in Thailand then back home-- But is there places anyone knows of that deals in larger (maturer) plants--I don't mind travailing (a little)

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Larger Plants

Post by tamada » September 5, 2021, 2:42 pm

Have you tried round the back of the shophouses on the SW corner of where the north side flyover is? Heading north on Dutsadi, on the left (before the underpass entrance, opposite side from PTT) turn left and the road then turns right to join the ring road west of the traffic lights, before Tesco. There's a collection of flower and shrub shops that maybe can supply or assist.

Mrs tam usually waits until Thungsrimuang to go crazy on plants. Plenty vendors selling the bigger stuff there or they can take orders and deliver to the home to save waiting for it to close and be clear of pedestrians to drive in and pick up.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 5, 2021, 3:32 pm

Jai2, give me an idea of what sort of plants you're looking for.....fruit, flowering, etc and quadrant of Udon (or quadrants) that you can explore, and I'll try to point out some areas of interest. There are boatloads of nurseries all around the city now......most either on the edge of the ringroad or just a km or two outside the ringroad.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 6, 2021, 9:13 am

There’s a place on HWY22 heading towards Nong Han, after Pirelli & before the melon farm that has huge fully grown specimens.
Don’t know if they’re any good, never stopped but they’re clearly visible from the road
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » September 6, 2021, 6:04 pm

Passed a place earlier with large plants & mature trees on display.
It’s on on the corner where the 216 ring road comes to a traffic light T junction. Turn right towards the airport & stay on the 216 or turn left & it changes to the 210 towards Nong Bua Lamphu.
The plants were on some land on the left hand corner
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » September 7, 2021, 7:17 am

There are numerous plant stalls which you can get to just aftere yopu trun left by the NK/NBL/Ring road flyover, keep to the LHSas you follow the road towards Tesco and the entrance is just there on the LHS,

Or alternatively, years ago while looking , went on a trip and ended up going towards Loei, in the hills well before Loei were many places which grew and sold many many plants some not available in Udon.

Most of mine large plants were obtained from Bangkok by the landscaper, he said cheaper than Udon.

Return to “House & Land”