Visa Renewal in Laos

Information & Travel
Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Visa Renewal in Laos

Post by Kudjap or Bust » October 4, 2005, 3:10 pm

Hi all,

Has anyone used the Thai consulate in Vientienne to renew a non-imm 'O' visa, mine is due end of this month and I don't fancy the trip back home. BUT, I've been told the chances of getting a full 1 yr 'O' visa from local consulates is slim and most only give out 3 months. I know back home I'll get 12 months.

Also, if anyone has renewed in Laos and got the full 12 months what was the cost and how long did it take?

I've had 2 previous 12 month visas, think this would sway them into renewing for another 12 without a problem.

BTW - Having just built a house, bought a car etc etc the chance of a visa extension is financially a little out of the question at present.

businessman
udonmap.com

Post by businessman » October 5, 2005, 10:48 am

KB,the two local farang who go to Laos get three month non imm "o" visas and then extend for two months at Nong Khai immigration.

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » October 6, 2005, 7:29 am

The only thing I have heard is that it is best to get it at Thai Embassy in Singapore.

8)

businessman
udonmap.com

Post by businessman » October 6, 2005, 10:35 am

Never seen a forum post anywhere that said someone was able to get a one year visa in Laos.

valentine

Post by valentine » October 6, 2005, 3:40 pm

The embassy in Singapore is only if you have a lot of time to spare. You can only apply before midday and takes 3 days till ready, then you can only collect after15.00hrs. So if your flights don't fit in, could be a 5 day wait. I wanted a 3 months non-imm, showed marriage and all relevant docs, refused, told I might be divorced now??? Came back on a 1 month tourist visa on arrival. The agent in BK said they are notorious for making problems.
I understand that you can't get a one year anywhere now. Must get 3 months non Imm in own country and apply for extension after 3 months in Thailand.Am I wrong?

wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Post by wokkawombat » October 6, 2005, 6:28 pm

In March this year 12 month non O visas were availiable at the Thai consul in Brisbane Australia.

John
Gurgle, Gurgle...

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » October 7, 2005, 8:30 am

Thanks for the responces, guess I'll forget Laos.

Have been told that Penang is OK and give one yr 'O' visa's no problem, anyone used them before?

I contacted the consulate I use in the UK (in the North West) and they will issue a one yr visa as long as they see the relevant original documents, marriage certificate. The Non Imm 'B' business visa has been cut to 3 month only, in which time you must apply for awork permit.

businessman
udonmap.com

Post by businessman » October 7, 2005, 11:20 am

they will issue a one yr visa
KB,what sort of visa is that?

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » October 7, 2005, 3:01 pm

Businessman

They quoted they'll issue a 1 year multiple entry Non-Immigrant 'O' visa on seeing my original marriage certificate.

I've had 2 of these issued by them before. Just wanted to get the same visa without trekking all the way back to the UK, but if I'm only going to get a 3 month visa from a local Thai consulate I might as well go home for a quick visit.

Return to “Laos”