What is it that Women Want along the Nam Ou ນ້ຳອູ?

Information & Travel
Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 23, 2015, 8:49 pm

These three ladies are obviously looking for something in the Nam Ou River (ນ້ຳອູ). But, what is it? I could not tell if they were after small fish or vegetables. There is a speciality dish that appears on menus in town, but is not always available, namely Nam Ou seaweed. So, maybe that is what the ladies want. It is delicious. Their efforts are taking place under a bridge that links the two parts of Nong Khiaw, a small town, in Luang Prabang Province.

By the way, the Nam Ou River (ນ້ຳອູ) translates as 'The Rice-Bowl River'. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nam_Ou

The sweet Lao ladies did ask me to join them in their quest; however, I was not well equipped for this kind of adventure on such short notice.

You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » May 23, 2015, 9:40 pm

I asked Mrs. Shado what she thought they were doing and she thinks the ladies in the water were looking for ปลาเล็ก (bpla lek) or กุ้งเล็ก ๆ (goong lek lek).

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 23, 2015, 9:43 pm

Thanks for the response, and a special thank you to Mrs. Shado. I know I should have got down and dirty with them and found out for myself, but alas and alack.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Return to “Laos”