Grass Roots Football 22-23

General sports news and discussions.
Earnest
udonmap.com

Re: Grass Roots Football 22-23

Post by Earnest » December 4, 2022, 12:08 am

Yes, no manager after the incumbent went back to the academy.

1-4.

However,
There was a sense of optimism around Glanford Park following the news owner Peter Swann had reached an agreement with a local group for them to take over the club.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63765167

This is what everyone is waiting for but I can't help thinking he's fleecing Scunthorpe by selling the ground back to the club - a bit of a canut's trick.

This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 4, 2022, 6:43 am

Earnest wrote:
December 4, 2022, 12:08 am

1-4.

However,
There was a sense of optimism around Glanford Park following the news owner Peter Swann had reached an agreement with a local group for them to take over the club.

This is what everyone is waiting for but I can't help thinking he's fleecing Scunthorpe by selling the ground back to the club - a bit of a canut's trick.
Bad result as predicted but at last Swan is leaving ..accirding to some mates n the fans forum definately a happer feel.of optimism yesterday and the club even when (.its nailed on) relagated this year can start to.look.forward rather than deing in limbo ..

its worth noting Oldhan a former premier league club are only a place above Scunny deep.in the sh8t...

As ever upmthe Iron

Oh yeah as ever waiting for mr predictable the lilac warrior from.NK ..scunny being the strongest team in the league churlish comment ..
Alan.i was in NK yesterday .. relaxing at a riverside restarant , fantastic place LIKIT craft beer ..yiu should try if if the wife allows you too

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 4, 2022, 9:35 am

https://play.acast.com/s/632b5af6d59686 ... 0011f2e4e3

Ironbru podcast re the sale of the club...great news , i just hope they have got deep deep pockets.

DM

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 4, 2022, 11:10 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 4, 2022, 6:43 am
Earnest wrote:

1-4.

However,

Bad result as predicted but at last Swan is leaving ..accirding to some mates n the fans forum definately a happer feel.of optimism yesterday and the club even when (.its nailed on) relagated this year can start to.look.forward rather than deing in limbo ..

its worth noting Oldhan a former premier league club are only a place above Scunny deep.in the sh8t...

As ever upmthe Iron

Oh yeah as ever waiting for mr predictable the lilac warrior from.NK ..scunny being the strongest team in the league churlish comment ..
Alan.i was in NK yesterday .. relaxing at a riverside restarant , fantastic place LIKIT craft beer ..yiu should try if if the wife allows you too

Dm
I'm Saying Nowt apart from .....I Got my Prediction Correct,A Good Old Stuffing for The Scunny.....555 !!

Alan.i was in NK yesterday .. relaxing at a riverside restarant , fantastic place LIKIT craft beer ..yiu should try if if the wife allows you too.....Well YENO I Don't Drink as I'm Diabetic....But You could've called me & I would've come down to see You to CORRECT your Spelling at least & I Might even have worn my New LILAC Jumper as it was a bit Chilly yesterday....555 !!!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 4, 2022, 1:32 pm

747man wrote:
December 4, 2022, 11:10 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 4, 2022, 6:43 am
Earnest wrote:

1-4.

However,

As ever upmthe Iron

Dm
I'm Saying Nowt apart from .....I Got my Prediction Correct,A Good Old Stuffing for The Scunny.....555 !!

Alan.i was in NK yesterday .. relaxing at a riverside restarant , fantastic place LIKIT craft beer ..yiu should try if if the wife allows you too.....Well YENO I Don't Drink as I'm Diabetic....But You could've called me & I would've come down to see You to CORRECT your Spelling at least & I Might even have worn my New LILAC Jumper as it was a bit Chilly yesterday....555 !!!!
Oh thats a shame .. must ov lost yer number , Likits place is excellent , a few different zones , all right on the river , restaurant , craft beer section , coffee and a massage place also.. lots of families there as plenty to do for kids so just as well you didnt turn up n scare them in your all in one lilac lycra ensemble... smashing couple of hours

Well worth a visit.

Not difficult to predict a Scunny loss Alan .. but thanks for your concern and i can sense you share my optimism for the future now we have new owners .. just in time before i bought them as i had an offer ready to table but they beat me too it.

DM

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 4, 2022, 7:08 pm

Not difficult to predict a Scunny loss Alan .. but thanks for your concern and i can sense you share my optimism for the future now we have new owners .. just in time before i bought them as i had an offer ready to table but they beat me too it......
So Which Circus has bought them,Only asking because they must be Clowns " Eh ??
So they Beat Your OFFER Of 95p ??....They must've Bid A Nicker.....

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 4, 2022, 8:08 pm

747man wrote:
December 4, 2022, 7:08 pm
Not difficult to predict a Scunny loss Alan .. but thanks for your concern and i can sense you share my optimism for the future now we have new owners .. just in time before i bought them as i had an offer ready to table but they beat me too it......
Dont know much about the new owners as yet , i local.consortium headed by the 2 guys in the podcast i posted
I believe it was 6mil quid .. thats was for the club its assets inc groumd and surrounding land with planning permission for 360 apartments .. A TAD MORE THAN A NICKER .. moron

Dm

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » December 5, 2022, 12:17 am

I read the post match report and Michael Nelson's comments on some players not being good enough. Nelson stepped in after Daws went back to his old job but it sounds like the team is unfocused at present. They need a capable coaching team on a contract, obviously job number one for the new owners.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 5, 2022, 7:26 am

Earnest wrote:
December 5, 2022, 12:17 am
I read the post match report and Michael Nelson's comments on some players not being good enough. Nelson stepped in after Daws went back to his old job but it sounds like the team is unfocused at present. They need a capable coaching team on a contract, obviously job number one for the new owners.
100% correct ernie .. followed by a total clear out of the dead wood ..which wont leave many 55555.. most die hard scunny fans resigned to relegation again but just so relieved Swan has gone n we have our club back .. now new enthused local consortium owners headed by life long fans ..with plenty of money to.invest .. talk of the huge apartment complex being built on the clubs land with the finds going durectly into the club .. after 5 years of Swan n woes the future is brighter for sure

Dm

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 5, 2022, 11:32 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 4, 2022, 8:08 pm
747man wrote:
Dont know much about the new owners as yet , i local.consortium headed by the 2 guys in the podcast i posted
I believe it was 6mil quid .. thats was for the club its assets inc groumd and surrounding land with planning permission for 360 apartments .. A TAD MORE THAN A NICKER .. moron

Dm
360 Apartments Wow ! But Who the Hell wants to live in Them....-------- ???

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 6, 2022, 6:33 am

Mike Ashley hands Coventry eviction notice from stadium (not enough sports direct signs?)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 6, 2022, 7:02 am

747man wrote:
December 5, 2022, 11:32 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
747man wrote:

Dm
This from a tramp.that comes from.the sh8t part of Bootle n now lives in a lilac shack in Nongers ..FYI the 360 apartments are planned fir the private sector not council or a scouse tenement block fir the workshy benefit loving drug taking mob.

Back to grass roots footy .. Scunny away to Yeovil next n can hopefully avoid another loss

Some innovative plans coming out from.the new owners plus seems they have got money to spend ..relegation followed by ressurgence .. im.just please our club stillnexists as was literally on the verge of admin or liquidation

Up the iron

DM

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 6, 2022, 11:31 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 6, 2022, 7:02 am
747man wrote:
December 5, 2022, 11:32 am
Drunk Monkey wrote:
747man wrote:

Dm
This from a tramp.that comes from.the sh8t part of Bootle n now lives in a lilac shack in Nongers ..FYI the 360 apartments are planned fir the private sector not council or a scouse tenement block fir the workshy benefit loving drug taking mob.

Back to grass roots footy .. Scunny away to Yeovil next n can hopefully avoid another loss

Some innovative plans coming out from.the new owners plus seems they have got money to spend ..relegation followed by ressurgence .. im.just please our club stillnexists as was literally on the verge of admin or liquidation

Up the iron

DM
Well FYI....I'm NOT A Tramp,You are getting me confused with The TEFAL Man ( Dezzer 111) He came from Bootle & I Don't live in a Shack UNLIKE YOU Who Lives Over a Bloody Bar......

-------- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to grass roots footy .. Scunny away to Yeovil next n can hopefully avoid another loss ....Nah ! Hope Yous get THRASHED !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » December 6, 2022, 2:24 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
December 6, 2022, 6:33 am
Mike Ashley hands Coventry eviction notice from stadium (not enough sports direct signs?)
CCFC stalling on signing the new contract to use the stadium.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63858805

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 6, 2022, 7:57 pm

Hey Alan yer hobo .. keep up ..we moved :lol:

Remind me again how the house sale is going ? Gotta get that leaking pool and the lilac colour scheme sorted mate

An oldie but a goodie 555555555

Scunnys new owners talking to a possible new manager .. who once plyed his trade in the EPL ???? .. Houdini coudnt save us this season but the future is a dam.site brighter than it was staring admin in the face

UTI ..CABAWT.. IRBANTACH

Dm

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 6, 2022, 8:09 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 6, 2022, 7:57 pm

Remind me again how the house sale is going ? Gotta get that leaking pool and the lilac colour scheme sorted mate

An oldie but a goodie 555555555

Scunnys new owners talking to a possible new manager .. who once plyed his trade in the EPL ???? .. Houdini coudnt save us this season but the future is a dam.site brighter than it was staring admin in the face

UTI ..CABAWT.. IRBANTACH

Dm
:^o :^o :^o Hey Alan yer hobo .. keep up ..we move......Yer Still live at that place opposite the Airport.... :^o :^o :^o

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 7, 2022, 6:23 am

747man wrote:
December 6, 2022, 8:09 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

Dm

:^o :^o :^o Hey Alan yer hobo .. keep up ..we moved.....Yer Still live at that place opposite the Airport.... :^o :^o :^o
No

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 7, 2022, 9:30 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:

Dm
It's Big Sam then?

Sorry to inform but Rangers have already snapped up the English League's most promising managerial star.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 7, 2022, 11:34 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
December 7, 2022, 6:23 am
747man wrote:
December 6, 2022, 8:09 pm
Drunk Monkey wrote:

Dm

:^o :^o :^o Hey Alan yer hobo .. keep up ..we moved.....Yer Still live at that place opposite the Airport.... :^o :^o :^o
No
Well when I Dropped someone at the Airport only 2 Months Ago I Called in to see You :^o :^o :^o And a Woman on that site just told me "You'd JUST Gone into Town " to buy something & Would be back " HOME " In about an Hour... :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 7, 2022, 2:03 pm

555 !!.... ....555 !!

Return to “World Sports”