NFL American Football

General sports news and discussions.
dionysis

NFL American Football

Post by dionysis » August 27, 2008, 12:44 am

Posted this before but it disappeared. Here goes again..

Anybody know where currently I can pick up the NFL American Football games? Want to see a few in the upcoming season. Any particular bar or Satellite feed that broadcasts them?

I did see previous posts but they are all a bit dated at this point

WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

Post by WBU ALUM » August 27, 2008, 4:27 am

I've seen games at the Irish Clock ... Monday Night Football. Actually, it was Tuesday Morning Football. Kind of weird watching the New England Patriots for breakfast. :lol:

If your post was about soccer, it would probably have a better chance at longevity.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » August 27, 2008, 5:09 am

Any place that has UBC. Unfortunately do to time difference most places will only be open for Sunday night and Monday night games (Monday morning Tuesday morning)
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » August 27, 2008, 7:55 am

UBC has not announced their 2008 NFL schedule. Let us pray.

dionysis

Post by dionysis » August 27, 2008, 9:06 am

Thanks for all the info. I will definitely keep my eye on the UBC schedule for 2008 , as well.

No bars that stay open late for the 1:00 games though?? As mentioned before, maybe a better chance if it was the Premier League.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 27, 2008, 9:15 am

Do you have access to ADSL internet?

dionysis

Post by dionysis » August 27, 2008, 9:29 am

I'm arriving back next week and need to re-assess my connection, but I believe that I will be connected ADSL. Online options in mind?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 27, 2008, 9:59 am

Have a look here:

http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?&co ... anfootball

I have been watching MLB streaming since the beginning of the season. Most games covered every day.

Not sure how good the gridiron will be.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » August 27, 2008, 11:30 am

May be too late for this season but how many would be interested in setting up a Yahoo fantasy football league for next year. We do it on the ship and is a lot of fun.Can do with cash entry fee or for free. We each pay $50 winner of the league gets 50% Then there's a playoff top 4 teams winner gets 30% runner up 20%
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » August 27, 2008, 11:47 am

Count me in. I'm always interested in joining fantasy sports leagues. Think there's still time to start one although might miss first game or two. Better make it a free league. Shady characters in here would do a runner with their $50. :lol:

I joined a Premier Football league and have already claimed my rightful spot in the standings. I'm gonna teach the boys a little about the game. :D

UBC will probably show three NFL games per week after the baseball world series are over. The streaming video feeds look interesting, will have to check it out. It's the only way I'll be able to see my team, the Detroit Sad Sacks, play this year.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » August 27, 2008, 4:12 pm

UBC has announced they will show the Sunday afternoon games. Starting Sept. 8 0000 hours (local time) Bucs vs. Saints, 0300 hours Cowboys vs. Browns, True Sports 3.
No anouncement on SNF or MNF.

Pakawala
udonmap.com

Post by Pakawala » August 27, 2008, 4:29 pm

Sat.Night Football can be watched here: http://www.nbc.com/Sunday_Night_Football/
Stay atop the grass

dionysis

Post by dionysis » August 28, 2008, 9:16 am

Jackspratt, Thanks a lot for the P2P link. Definitely adding that to my favorites!

Mak, did you find the UBC NFL schedule online? I'd love to see the entire season broadcast schedule.

Thanks again for all the info! Can't wait until the season starts.

mak
udonmap.com

Re:

Post by mak » August 28, 2008, 7:41 pm

dionysis wrote:Jackspratt, Thanks a lot for the P2P link. Definitely adding that to my favorites!

Mak, did you find the UBC NFL schedule online? I'd love to see the entire season broadcast schedule.

Thanks again for all the info! Can't wait until the season starts.
Received an email from UBC with the info about Sunday afternoon games. No UBC NFL schedule yet.They said they were still in negotiations with ESPN. However, ESPN only broadcasts MNF, SNF is broadcst by NBC. Last year UBC got these games thru GOAL TV (HK).

braddarr

Re: NFL American Football

Post by braddarr » September 11, 2008, 4:26 pm

I will be bringing an AFN satellite tv service to my bar. I will have the games recorded on a DVR during the night and then played the next day. I will be coming from downrange in mid October and hope to have it up and running sometime shortly after that.
I will be showing about 4 - 5 games (2 Sunday afternoon games, Sunday night football, and Monday night football.) I will also be able to record basketball season as it will be starting then.

The bar is called "First" bar in udon day and night.
I haven't been there yet and I'm not sure if installing a satellite dish will be possible but I have my hopes up. I'll let everyone know when it is up and running.

WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

Post by WBU ALUM » September 12, 2008, 9:01 am

I'll plan to visit! Sounds like a good venue! =D>

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » November 6, 2008, 7:26 am

UBC carries the two Sunday afternoon games.
Home cable carries SNF and MNF.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » September 2, 2009, 7:14 am

For those that might be interested in watching American football, don't forget that some games are available via the Internet at WWW.JUSTIN.TV Only drawback is it might not work good for those with slow connections. Per my son who watches them in U.S. via a wireless connection "borrowed" from a neighbor, if you can watch most YouTube videos live you should be able to use Justin.tv.

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » September 2, 2009, 2:33 pm

Slow connections out here in the boonies so have pretty much given up trying to watch the games on the computer. Signed up for baseball MLB.TV this year but haven't been able to watch a complete game all year. Am able to listen to the radio broadcasts, tho, with few problems. Will probably just sign up for the radio broadcasts next year. Much cheaper anyway at about $15 for the whole season.

Hoping the newish UBC sports channel, ASN, carry some NFL football games since they are showing some exhibition games. UBC will probably show Sunday afternoon games(1 am and 4 am here) on other channels again after baseball season is over.

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » September 2, 2009, 3:03 pm

Too late to edit my post but the links put up by Stantheman, Pakawala and Jackspratt are worth trying if you have a decent internet connection closer to town. Plus they are FREE!

Return to “World Sports”