Rugby Union

General sports news and discussions.
wazza
udonmap.com

Re: Rugby Union

Post by wazza » September 19, 2009, 3:15 pm

Well after they threw an international lawn bowls game recently, u never know the Fush n Chups team might have been asked by their PM to salvage some pride .

Both teams playing for pride and title of " Cellar Dwellers "

Fawn
udonmap.com

Post by Fawn » September 19, 2009, 4:34 pm

New Zealand 33-6 Australia
Doug! Doug! Doug!

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » September 19, 2009, 5:17 pm

Dear of Dear, looks more like Shane Warnes figures in his last tour of England

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » September 19, 2009, 6:58 pm

Bloody Aussies, they never even tried :evil:

Fawn
udonmap.com

Post by Fawn » September 20, 2009, 6:06 pm

Do you reckon Mrs. Deanes's little boy will be coming over for the November Tests with the Wannabies?
Doug! Doug! Doug!

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » September 21, 2009, 4:06 pm

Yes Mister Fawn he will !! According to today's paper he gave them a right dressing down after the game and told them they gave up without a fight. Five older players who were dropped for these games have put there hands up to be included in the Tour and considering they have 69 Caps playing for Oz between them they should be included. People are now saying he tried to bring too much young blood in too quickly. It wouldn't surprise me if they played really well for the next few games, when it really doesn't matter any more. Oh well, I am prejudice I suppose but the Wallabies Jumper is in the drawer for a while at least. There's only one direction you can go from the bottom of the pile, so I'll just be patient :(

Fawn
udonmap.com

Post by Fawn » October 8, 2009, 3:44 am

Yahoo, I got two tickets to see England play the Wallabies on 07 November at Twickers.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » October 8, 2009, 4:16 pm

And I wonder who you will be supporting on that day :-k

Fawn
udonmap.com

Post by Fawn » October 10, 2009, 5:00 pm

Aardvark wrote:And I wonder who you will be supporting on that day :-k
I'll be putting a fiver on England to win.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » October 10, 2009, 5:11 pm

a fiver on the Poms is now worth approx $2 AUD the way the pound has dropped.

Aardvark, shows u his confidence eh ??

Fawn
udonmap.com

Post by Fawn » October 10, 2009, 5:22 pm

wazza wrote:a fiver on the Poms is now worth approx $2 AUD the way the pound has dropped.

Aardvark, shows u his confidence eh ??
:lol:

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » November 8, 2009, 9:52 am

As the weather is turning nice in the southern hemisphere they have all decided to head towards the cold of Europe.
Aussies took on yet another 'new look' England. England going back to Wilkinson as a 'lucky charm'. In fairness he did manage to get all 9 of Englands' points. In sadness is was not enough by 9...England were actually winning 9-5 at half time, but never got a look in after half time. In fairness injury had restricted Englands selection but they still not seem to be heading in any particular direction under Johnson.
Wales had the harder task (on paper) of entertaining New Zealand. Like England, Wales could not produce a try at home, all their points (12) coming from Jones' boot. It was all level (6-6) at half time but NZ went into over drive in the second half to finish with 19 points. 56 years since Wales beat NZ so hardly a surprising result.
One that maybe was - Number 1 in the world South Africa beaten by club side Leicester, 22-17. SA had included 5 debutantes in the side, but Leicester were missing 5 English players & 8 others - so were certainly not at anything like full strength. SA went into an easy 8 - 0 lead but then Leicester realised that the opposition were only men & hit back with a pretty stunning forward display.
I don't think this Leicester win will have done any favours for SA future opponents but they can certainly bask in it !! :D

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » November 8, 2009, 11:19 am

Bob are u saying we won a game ???

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » November 8, 2009, 11:32 am

Yes wazza 9 - 18 - fairly easily in the second half.....Sadly England no where near the best team in the Northern hemisphere at the moment though. Ireland next to come might be a bit more of a challenge for the Aussies...

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » November 9, 2009, 4:44 am

I'd be more worried about Wales personally !

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » November 9, 2009, 8:52 am

It was just Ireland are next for the Aussies AA.....Wales were slightly unlucky to lose against NZ. They had a genuine chance at the end to score a try - front 5er intercepted & had a clear run for the line, felt it was too far & instead of just putting his head down & going for it, spent his time looking for someone to pass to (there wasn't) & got caught.....They also will be a challenge for Australia - England are probably 4th. in the North now after these two & France..... :(
I saw yesterday that in the 'other code' Australia meet England in the final of the 4 nations (France & NZ being eliminated) next Saturday. England rather confounded the critics beating world champions NZ....

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » November 9, 2009, 11:52 am

HaHa, yes Bob NZ the world champions :shock: we still don't know how they did that ?? Not trying to be big headed , but Oz is virtually unbeatable in that code and has a rather unfair advantage that it is played so widely in this country that we have a wealth of talent to draw from. The North of England seems to have always produced the best talent in the country for League, I don't know why, maybe they play it more up there ??

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » November 9, 2009, 12:57 pm

Yes, League certainly has a stronger showing in the North of England. Virtually unknown in the South & also Wales, Scotland & Ireland. In the days when Union players were unpaid (well officially unpaid :D ) a few Union players from most parts of UK did find there way there. Now Union players are quiet well paid I think League struggles more than a little - although there are plenty of non-English players in the league now.
The odd brilliant English player does appear from time to time - but difficult to get a team who can compete.
I gather that League is also having a few issues in Aus as well though Aa; trying to compete with Union, Aussie Rules & Football for a finite crowd is not easy.... :shock:

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » November 29, 2009, 3:33 pm

Well a few more Internationals yesterday.
Wales 12-33 Australia Australia ending there tour with a reasonably easy win, after a strange tour. Draw against Ireland, easy win against England and a dumbfounding loss against a very poor Scottish side.
New Zealand finished off yet another all winning tour with an easy victory in France.
France 12 - 39 New Zealand
South Africa have probably had the toughest tour of all. I know that they came with a lot of new young players, but I don't know if that was enforced or not & what the folks back home think of it. Anyway the result was Ireland 15 - 10 South Africa, that following...
Italy 10 - 32 South Africa
France 20 - 13 South Africa

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » November 29, 2009, 4:08 pm

South Africa did have a lot of injuries Bob, but they were also trying to blood a few young players as their squad is starting to get a little stale. Oz is also going through a rebuilding phase and is still short of a couple of key position players, Guiteau can't do it on his own. Don't take anything away from Scotland, they played the whole game in their half, and as I'm sure you know there is nothing so Physically exhausting as having to defend for an entire game. England will have to try a lot more young talent also with the build up to the World Cup as they are lacking in depth, and young Johnie Wilkinson will not be around forever to kick them out of trouble !!

Return to “World Sports”