PREMIER LEAGUE 2009/10

General sports news and discussions.
red67
udonmap.com

Re: PREMIER LEAGUE 2009/10

Post by red67 » December 12, 2009, 12:20 am

stattointhailand wrote:Just for the record ...... Statto is a "bloomin' Suverner" .......born an' bred in Essex.
During the years when I used to see the majority of Newcastle games, it meant being up at 6am and catching the 09:00 from Kings Cross, arriving in Newcastle at about 13:30 ........ into the Geordie Pride for a bevvy, into the bookies outside the ground for a quick wager, then back on the 18:15 arriving Kings Cross about 22:30 ..... into the pub outside the station for the end of "match of the day", then home ........ arriving about 01:00 Sun morning (thankfully in those days all games kicked off at 15:00 Sat). Away matches were a doddle compared to "home" matches.
darn ell your a geordie cross essex,so your a bit mixed up?,your really a scot with his brains kicked out?and then you let yourself down and say your from essex?your not doin yourself any favours there are you,my dogs got more pedigree than you ,away the lads :-" :-"

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 12, 2009, 12:45 am

red67 wrote:
stattointhailand wrote:Just for the record ...... Statto is a "bloomin' Suverner" .......born an' bred in Essex.
During the years when I used to see the majority of Newcastle games, it meant being up at 6am and catching the 09:00 from Kings Cross, arriving in Newcastle at about 13:30 ........ into the Geordie Pride for a bevvy, into the bookies outside the ground for a quick wager, then back on the 18:15 arriving Kings Cross about 22:30 ..... into the pub outside the station for the end of "match of the day", then home ........ arriving about 01:00 Sun morning (thankfully in those days all games kicked off at 15:00 Sat). Away matches were a doddle compared to "home" matches.
**** ell your a geordie cross essex,so your a bit mixed up?,your really a scot with his brains kicked out?and then you let yourself down and say your from essex?your not doin yourself any favours there are you,my dogs got more pedigree than you ,away the lads :-" :-"
Have to admit I was well mixed up when I was a kid ............ wanted to be a Liverpool fan when I was three, but failed the entrance exam ........ me mum caught me knicking a threepenny bit from her purse :oops:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 13, 2009, 10:48 am

A very decent result IMHO Chelsea 3-Everton 3.....The REDS are QUIET Today !! [-X [-X :D :D

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » December 13, 2009, 12:17 pm

I was going to wait 'till after todays' games...but, as you ask... :D
Watched the Chelsea v Everton game first. Good result for Everton which they just about deserved. Drogba showed what a great striker he is (& also what a baby he is if anyone looks hard at him, let alone tackle him) & will be missed greatly during African Cup. Him & Anelka are the best striking partnership in the Premiership by a long way. Saha showed what most people know - when he is fit he has real class & his work ethic puts many strikers (including some on display in the same game) to shame....sadly is not fit often enough...Everton battled, but Chelsea seem to have lost the plot a bit at the back. They are scoring hat fulls at the moment, but will need to if the defend like that every game.
Next up United...easy 3 points against a Villa side who probably struggle to find a bus load of supporters who could remember their last victory at OT.....
Well didn't work out that way...
Villa fully deserved their victory - a very nicely taken goal by Agbonlahor.
United can claim too many injuries & a more robust (and normal) defense might have prevented the goal. However United were poor every where on the field and I cannot think of 1 player that was not playing who would have made much difference. The side are poor - because there are too many "squad" players in it. Rooney is probably the only attacking player that they have that any of the "top" sides would get their cheque book out for...
As i said after their first Premiership game it will be a minor miracle if they win anything this season. Which is just about what they deserve. A LOT of money needs to be spent on the squad & I cannot see the owners doing it, plus Fergie has not exactly good a hugely successful track record with the cash - maybe he could spend some time chatting in Arsenal

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » December 13, 2009, 1:41 pm

Everton take 2 points off Chelsea then United go and lose ! :(
But congrats to Villa.Martin O'Neill has been an excellent manager at every club he has been to.
If they can stay injury free Villa are certainly capable of challenging for a place in the top 4.
There doesnt seem to be that much quality in the Premiership this season.....Chelsea probably the least inconsistent....but makes for some interesting results.

Dublin Tony
udonmap.com

Post by Dublin Tony » December 14, 2009, 10:55 am

Another defeat at home,this time to Arsenal ! :(
GET GILLETT AND HICKS OUT NOW before we become another Leeds ! :evil:

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » December 14, 2009, 11:11 am

I don't think there is much disgrace in losing to Arsenal Tony. In my opinion when they have their best 11 on the pitch they are capable of matching any Premiership side for skill. Still struggle a bit with any of the teams that rely on effort or robustness though.. :D
I gather that G & H have sold their sporting interests in the States & the Spanish Waiter is expecting a huge lump of cash to spend in January - but that is from the same source who say Man U is going to be bought from the Gs for 1 billion GDP by a group of Far East business men.... :D

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » December 14, 2009, 12:51 pm

Who would have thought after 16 games Liverpool would be level on points with Birmingham !
But Uniteds future is not that much brighter.
Clubs in a good position financially are Arsenal,Villa and Citeh(with their Arab owners).
Chelsea are OK as long as Abramovich doesnt pull the plug !

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 14, 2009, 1:54 pm

Who would have thought that after 16 games last season Hull would have been in the top group?

That's football ...... bloomin' unpredictable.

Mind you I did predict the Arsenal win at Anfield, AND the Villa win at OT in this weeks Udon Score Predictions \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » December 19, 2009, 8:52 pm

Well, half time in the early game & controversial weekend all ready.
Pool totally in control for 30 minutes & Portsmouth under the cosh & looking a very poor side. Then they suddenly get an attack together & score a goal from an excellent strike. Pool seem more than a little rattled & start to play as shoddy as Portsmouth had been. Then, right on half time, Mascherano has another of the foolish moments that he seems prone to when the going gets tough & gets a straight red. Not sure if it was for the over the ball tackle or grabbing his opponent by the throat in the follow through, but looked a cert away from home.
Raffa must be having a fit. Pool were far the better team & battering the goal. 1 goal was almost a certainty if that continued for another 45 & if early enough probably an easy win. Now, down to 10....far tougher game, plus no Mascherano over the Christmas games.
Back to a beer, & part 2. :D
Started poorly for Pool, whatever they should have talked about they either didn't, or forgot about as soon as they got on the pitch. They did improve over the half & did have some chances, but it would have probably been an unfair reflection on the second half if they had scored, as it was Portsmouth scored another - which made the result rather unfair on Pool. However, lose by 1 or 2 against bottom of the table is not the best result in the world.
Not a result that fills anyone with confidence in the Liverpool camp I think.

nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » December 19, 2009, 9:47 pm

Xmas present of hope for Portsmouth!2-0 over Liverpool =D> =D>

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 19, 2009, 10:15 pm

Dublin Tony wrote:Another defeat at home,this time to Arsenal ! :(
GET GILLETT AND HICKS OUT NOW before we become another Leeds ! :evil:
And NOW ANOTHER Defeat to the BOTTOM Club, Elland Road Here WE Come... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 19, 2009, 10:17 pm

red67 wrote:
**** ell your a geordie cross essex,so your a bit mixed up?,your really a scot with his brains kicked out?and then you let yourself down and say your from essex?your not doin yourself any favours there are you,my dogs got more pedigree than you ,away the lads :-" :-"
So Red67,I Bet it,s a L-O-N-G Trip back from Portsmouth for YOU Today... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » December 19, 2009, 11:01 pm

Liverpool pretty dreadful.....devoid of confidence and ideas.
Maschcerano,maybe a harsh red card but wouldnt have made any difference to the result.
But United 1-0 down at Fulham....no recognised central defenders....not looking good.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » December 19, 2009, 11:11 pm

2-0 now to Fulham :cry:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 20, 2009, 7:45 am

Andy, What happened then, Did you go to bed ??? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » December 20, 2009, 8:19 am

Surely the "In Rafa we trust" brigade must start to doubt themselves now. Just how long do you put up with that guy?
Come in Paul Scholes, your number is up. One of the worst performances I've seen from him.

red67
udonmap.com

Post by red67 » December 20, 2009, 9:25 am

Galee wrote:Surely the "In Rafa we trust" brigade must start to doubt themselves now. Just how long do you put up with that guy?
Come in Paul Scholes, your number is up. One of the worst performances I've seen from him.
gary i think its more like in (RAFFA WE RUST) but i don,t think it would do any good getting rid of him now,its not like weve still got a chance of winning the league,or even get relegated,so i don,t think it would do any good either way,i think it takes time for a new manager to get to know the players,so i think the best bet would be carry on ,it cant get much worse ? or can it? 747 that would of finished me off a long trip back from portsmouth i watched it in udon with several large leos to dull the pain :lol: :lol:im actually getting the feeling of what it must be like to be a blue :lol: :lol:

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » December 20, 2009, 9:37 am

Have to agree there Galee - the getting a yellow after 7 minutes was the highlight of a woeful performance. I heard that many thought Carrick would make a world class centre half when he was at West Ham. So little surprise they are languishing at the foot of the table. I think Hodgeson has put together a team of grafters at Fulham who will give most clubs a good game (as can be seen from their Europe run) but if you have ambitions to be the best in England (let alone the best in Europe)they really should be little more than cannon fodder.. :( :( :(
Most of the other games went to plan. City conceding 3 at home, &, despite scoring 4 Mr. Hughes is shown the door with Mr. Mancini entering the fight. Good timing for you Mark, can enjoy Christmas & New Year with the family.. :D :D

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » December 20, 2009, 9:38 am

Return to “World Sports”