Fantasy World Cup Football....Join Here.

General sports news and discussions.
beer monkey
udonmap.com

Fantasy World Cup Football....Join Here.

Post by beer monkey » May 9, 2010, 3:43 pm

Had To Be Done........thought i was in for a rest from FF.....but....well started a Fantasy World Cup League..
join here... http://www.fantasyfifaworldcup.com/ register, choose a team name and players, then go to join leagues, this is the passcode for Thai-Lovers league >>> league number is 91988... password is.. udon10000, all welcome to join, just for a bit of fun...starts 11th June, transfers are unlimited until this date.

league number......91988

league name..... Thai-Lovers

Password...... udon10000

website.... http://www.fantasyfifaworldcup.com/ register

Hope to see all FU Fantasy regulars and anyone who else fancy's a go on there, all welcome.....Thanks

you can 'auto' pick you team to start if you not got the time now...and make unlimited changes before the deadline on the 11th June...so plenty of time.

How to Play

The format of the game is simple. You must pick a team consisting of 1 goalkeeper, 4 defenders, 3 midfielders and 3 strikers. You have no budget to worry about, but you are initially only permitted to pick 1 player from any of the represented countries.

You are able to make as many changes to your teams lineup as you like, as often as you like, leading up to the start of the championships. However, as soon as the first game kicks off all teams in the competition will be frozen.

On completion of the Group stage, each team will be permitted to make up to 5 transfers in total throughout the remainder of the tournament. Points already scored by your players will not be lost, and you will not get points scored by your new player prior to the transfer being made. Transfers can be made at any time after the Group stage is complete, although will only count for games that kick-off after the change has been made. Once the transfer window is open, each team will be permitted to select up to 3 players from any country.

All selected players will score points for your team based on their performance in each game, as set out on the 'How to Score' page.

How to Score

Each player will score 1 point for an appearance if they play any part in the match regardless of how long they are on the pitch. Substitutes will not score points if they are not introduced to the field of play prior to the final whistle.

Each Goalkeeper or Defender will receive 5 points if the team keeps a clean sheet, reducing to 2 points if only 1 goal is conceded. No clean sheet points are awarded if 2 or more goals are conceded. Players do not score minus points for any additional goals conceded.

Midfielders will score 2 points if the team keeps a clean sheet. No further penalty is applied for additional goals conceded.

Players will be awarded 5 points for scoring a goal, and 3 points for an 'Assist'. Own goals do not count. The definition of an 'Assist' is a deliberate pass, cross or flick that directly results in a team mate scoring. Assist points will not necessarily be awarded for rebounds, deflections, own goals, ricochets or penalty awards. Where there are any areas of doubt regarding the award of these points the ultimate decision (for the purpose of scoring this competition) will always be with FSPORTS.

All players will be awarded minus 2 points for a booking, increasing to minus 5 if they are sent off.

FSPORTS will use their judgement where necessary in order to provide fair and consistent scoring. Whilst any reported errors or disputes will be investigated, the final decision of whether to make any adjustments or corrections will sit with FSPORTS.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Fantasy World Cup Football....Join Here.

Post by beer monkey » May 9, 2010, 4:19 pm

Welcome Statto....1st man off the starting blocks..

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 9, 2010, 6:25 pm

Hopefully I can stay in second place (at least until the matches start !!) :D

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 12, 2010, 8:55 pm

9 in so far.
Galee you fancy it...?...won't be quite the same without Coach Urin Trouble and His Apollo's.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » May 12, 2010, 9:30 pm

No thanks BM. I need a break to recharge my batteries.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 12, 2010, 10:58 pm

I know exactly what you mean...i fancied a break myself, but i am sort of a FF Junky, needing a fix...there is no escape, i have even replicated part of my FF team.... :badteeth: I am trying to book Re-hab but the lines engaged and they don't return emails , still you know where to join if you change your mind, plenty of time.

SanukJoe
udonmap.com

Post by SanukJoe » May 13, 2010, 3:36 pm

BM
I joined the club, have the ultimate team of course (my real name is Guus Hiddink but I hide).

My question: why can I not chose certain players (they are in the non-eligible part). Is that because it's not sure that they will play or what else is the reason?

Thanks for enlightening this.

Cheers
Joe

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 14, 2010, 3:54 am

welcome to the league Joe.

It appears you can only pick one player from each country...maybe thats why you can't select some players.

SanukJoe
udonmap.com

Post by SanukJoe » May 14, 2010, 9:30 am

beer monkey wrote:welcome to the league Joe.

It appears you can only pick one player from each country...maybe thats why you can't select some players.
Thanks BM, silly me missed that part of the regulations... :oops:

Joe

thai_tan
udonmap.com

Post by thai_tan » May 29, 2010, 7:55 pm

I'm in as the Thaitanic All Stars,

can't wait.

good luck everyone,

thai_tan

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 29, 2010, 9:31 pm

Welcome to the league tt. ..Image

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » May 30, 2010, 1:41 pm

Thanks for the wake-up call, Thai_Tan. Almost forgot about this league. :D

My team and players are awesome! Only misgiving is NO team name changes after registration, that will crimp my style a bit. Expecting to watch a lot more of the matches this year to see how my players are doing. Thanks for setting it up, Khun BM.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » May 30, 2010, 8:14 pm

Welcome To P'hawk and His F4 Phantoms, IrishA and His IrishAlan@Udorntalk Team and Trevor Wynn with 'wensiensheng' total 14 now.

Yes No Team Name Changes Once Registered.....However you can change Manager names.
Still Plenty Time To Join.
First Match :
11 Jun ....South Africa V's Mexico.....

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » June 2, 2010, 7:21 pm

Welcome to Ralph (Who don't like heights.. :mrgreen: ) and Hamyai.... with his Paintball's Coming Home Team...

16 players so far.

Deadline 11th June....still plenty of time to join and adjust your teams.

join here... http://www.fantasyfifaworldcup.com/ register, choose a team name and players, then go to join leagues, this is the passcode for Thai-Lovers league >>> league number is 91988... password is.. udon10000, all welcome to join, just for a bit of fun...starts 11th June, transfers are unlimited until this date.

Only 1 player from each Country/team is allowed into your own team.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » June 7, 2010, 4:02 am

Closing date looms...11th June.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » June 7, 2010, 3:25 pm

Notice to Ham Yai and His Paintballs coming home team..

You will need to re-select your team and re-enter as over the last few days there was a glitch on their website.

Only The Last 2 Entrants Have been affected, The other is Ralph.
F-Sports wrote:Due to what appears to be a database 'glitch', the website has experienced a certain amount of data corruption and/or loss which is currently being investigated.

The nature of the problem suggests that there may be problems reconciling players with their original teams, but only those that have created their teams in the last 4 or 5 days.

If your team no longer appears under the 'Manage my Team(s) menu - the easiest solution would be to simply re-create a new team. Work will continue to establish the cause of the problem, and I can only apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Danny
Deadline 11th June....still plenty of time to join and adjust your teams.

join here... http://www.fantasyfifaworldcup.com/ register, choose a team name and players, then go to join leagues, this is the passcode for Thai-Lovers league >>> league number is 91988... password is.. udon10000,
all welcome to join, just for a bit of fun...starts 11th June, transfers are unlimited until this date.

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » June 10, 2010, 2:44 pm

Read the FAQs and also seems that if you drop a player (i.e. Drogba) then you cannot bring that same player back onto your team later. Still a slim chance Drogba could play with a cast on his arm but I've already dropped him. :roll:

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » June 10, 2010, 2:55 pm

On the "Manage Your Team" page which shows all of your players, a number is shown between the country flag and player's name. Anyone know what that number signifies? I'm guessing that it shows how many teams in your league have selected each of the players. The highest number on my page is a 16 for a certain German defender and we have 16 teams at present. Anybody? :-k

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » June 10, 2010, 10:55 pm

polehawk wrote:On the "Manage Your Team" page which shows all of your players, a number is shown between the country flag and player's name. Anyone know what that number signifies?
Irish Alan in the other forum came up with the answer. The number shown is the number worn on the player's jersey.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » June 12, 2010, 4:34 am

After the first 2 games..

Top slot is Hamlay with 14...second is My Good Self...
Trevor Wynn 3rd spot,
Hamyai 4th
irishsteve 5th
Zid 6th
P'hawk 7th
Stattoo 8th
Farang 9th
Joe 10th
Thomas G 11th
Souey 12th
Brandt S 13th
Irish Alan 14th
Roy 15th
And holding up the table a very strong Ralph.

Return to “World Sports”