Fantasy Football 2010/11

General sports news and discussions.
Galee
udonmap.com

Fantasy Football 2010/11

Post by Galee » July 13, 2010, 9:30 am

It's that time of the year again. Another 10 months of frustration.
Existing players only have to re-register to enter the FU League.
Any new members wishing to join send me a PM for the code.

Galee
udonmap.com

Re: Fantasy Football 2010/11

Post by Galee » July 13, 2010, 12:14 pm

Please be aware of the following rule changes for this coming season.

An Extra Wildcard
Okay, strap yourself in; this is the big rule change. We’re going to be handed a second wildcard in gameweek 23 to coincide with the Premier League transfer window. This wildcard will be given to us straight after the start of gameweek 22 and must be used before the gameweek 27 deadline; fail to use it and you lose it. The existing wildcard can still be played at any point in the season.
The FPL described the thinking behind this to us and it seems that last season’s big chill is one of the main factors behind it. The fixture pile-up which resulted in so many double gameweeks was seen as a major disruption for Fantasy Managers and their plans, this coming season the FPL want to safeguard against that by giving us a method of coping with a backlog of fixtures. In addition this change is seen as a device to tempt back Fantasy Managers who may feel they have lost their way by the turn of the year. A problem for many Fantasy games out there of course.

Roll-over Transfers
So last season we saw the FPL grant us the ability to carry over one unused transfer to the following gameweek. That gave us the ability to have double transfers in a given gameweek but if we didn’t use them, we lost them. Well not now. Next season we can carry over a transfer and continue to roll it over gameweek after gameweek. We can never have more than two in a given gameweek but gone are the days when we feel forced to exploit two transfers when, in reality, we could have dealt with just the one.

Own Goal Points Deduction
Yep, we’re going to be losing two points for OG’s. A minor change that shouldn’t affect our thinking when it comes to player selection but one which will certainly hurt when we fall foul of Richard Dunne’s latest arse-cheek deflection. The FPL were quick to point out to us that own goals will be based on the stats they are provided with (which are fed live from the Press Association) and that these decisions would not be revisited as a result of dubious goal panel findings.

poolshark
udonmap.com

Post by poolshark » July 14, 2010, 6:13 am

ready and waiting, and watching the transfer talk every day.
I see Garth Bale is no longer a defender. oops. one selection let out of the bag already.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » July 17, 2010, 2:27 pm

The code to join the FU H2H league is 34814-38098. I'll bump this topic a couple of times in case people miss it.
Appreciate it if someone would mention the code on the other forum.

Eazy-Going
udonmap.com

Post by Eazy-Going » July 17, 2010, 5:07 pm

Galee, where can I find the rules for FFL and once digested, what is the latest I can become involved? Never done before but mates rave about it in UK and would like to become involved if poss.

Cheers

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » July 17, 2010, 5:35 pm

Here is the link to the FF Home page. Tab down to the rules on the left side. http://fantasy.premierleague.com/
You can leave it up to the 14th Aug to join.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » July 24, 2010, 2:10 pm

Bumping topic in case anyone who has missed it might want to join.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » July 31, 2010, 12:53 pm

My weekly bump on this topic.
Just letting people know, that have joined the FU H2H. If we do not get more players I will be deleting the league. I don't see the point of playing against each other every third week.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » August 8, 2010, 2:33 pm

My last bump on this subject. We now have 9 in the league, thanks to everyone who has joined. One more would be ideal. :D

Eazy-Going
udonmap.com

Post by Eazy-Going » August 8, 2010, 2:46 pm

Hi Galee, I've joined the fantasy league, picked my squad etc following your advice earlier in this thread. How can I enter my team in your UT fanatasy league?
Cheers

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » August 8, 2010, 3:07 pm

I'll send you a PM with the FU league code.
If you want to join the UT league the codes are on their first page.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 23, 2010, 9:25 pm

Newcastle Utd 6 Aston Villa 0

Now that IS Fantasy Football :lol: :lol: :lol:

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » August 23, 2010, 9:47 pm

Yes, it didn't go unnoticed statto, along with that massive points haul of yours in FF. :(

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 23, 2010, 10:05 pm

As they say ............ there's only one way to go from here on :shock:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » October 3, 2010, 3:25 am

Hats Off To Joe..(Sanuk) for staying top flight each week in This Forums FU league and Udon,Talk forum Rice Rockets League...and for picking up Vaan der Varrt this week.....a very steady points haul zince the start...i'm tracking your movemants..need to close the gap.. :lol:
Well Done Joe....Image

SanukJoe
udonmap.com

Post by SanukJoe » October 3, 2010, 12:33 pm

beer monkey wrote:Hats Off To Joe..(Sanuk) for staying top flight each week in This Forums FU league and Udon,Talk forum Rice Rockets League...and for picking up Vaan der Varrt this week.....a very steady points haul zince the start...i'm tracking your movemants..need to close the gap.. :lol:
Well Done Joe....Image
Thanks a lot BM, not bad for a Dutchman hah? :-"

You can track my movements but you have one disadvantage: you're always one week behind :lol:

Last week was the worst week possible, from then it can only get better.

I picked Van der Vaart as I know what he can once he is in the right team and at the right place. It seems he found it at the Spurs, excellent team up with Bale and Crouch.

I have a couple of other moves, you will see... 8)

Cheers
Joe

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » October 25, 2010, 12:34 pm

Yep,well done to Joe.....STILL top of both leagues =D>
As well as Van Der Vaart youve got some astute signings that seem to be paying off,like Elmohamady and Brunt \:D/
Are you a PSV Eindhoven fan,as well.......PSV Eindhoven 10 Feyenoord 0 8)

SanukJoe
udonmap.com

Post by SanukJoe » October 26, 2010, 11:18 am

Zidane wrote:Yep,well done to Joe.....STILL top of both leagues =D>
As well as Van Der Vaart youve got some astute signings that seem to be paying off,like Elmohamady and Brunt \:D/
Are you a PSV Eindhoven fan,as well.......PSV Eindhoven 10 Feyenoord 0 8)
Thanks Zidane, I thought I would lose top place as I spent 8 points in transfers, but the transferred players more than made it up.

Your last sentence is NOT funny at all, although I realise you don't know about my fan ship of Dutch clubs :lol:
As I lived 30 years in Rotterdam and from that 7 years opposite the Feyenoord stadium I'm a Feyenoord fan.
I must admit I left my interest in Dutch leagues when I left my country, I think they lost the spark and the best players play abroad anyway...
Is it true: 10 - 0? :cry:

Joe

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » November 2, 2010, 12:56 pm

Disaster for the "Clowns"

Having just managed to edge their way into the title race, there is some disasterous news comeing out of Clown Park this morning. It would appear that their Billionaire owner Tyke Bashley has spent rather too much on his weekend parties at his yaught in the South of Thailand.The British & Thai Tax Offices are investigating Mr Bashley's Tax returns for the last 5 years, and it would appear that The Thai Immigration Office may well revoke Mr Bashley's work permit, as it would appear he is the only Farang in Thailand with or without a work permit, never to have done a stroke of work in his time here.
At a news conference this morning Clowns manager CoCo Thekhun stated that after a meeting with Mr Bashley last night, he had been told to "slash" the wage bill for the Clowns by at least 20%. Consequently he had been forced to use his first "wildcard" of the season and re-assemble a team with a total cost of under GBP 80m.
He hopes to still keep the team competative, but did say that it was going to be a long hard struggle for the remainder of this season.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » November 2, 2010, 11:41 pm

Top score and Top slot statts now if you had captained Nolan it would be the icing on the sponge cake...And still got 20 million in the bank..!!! Maybe help pay the fine for your club boss Tyke..

Return to “World Sports”