Re: World Series 2010

Post by polehawk » November 2, 2010, 9:32 am

The San Francisco Giants are basball's World Series Champions! Congrats. =D>

Celebrate it, Stan.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » November 2, 2010, 9:57 am

Yes, this is the 6th pennant the Giant's have won and the first in the Bay area. The New York Giants won five of those six to put the Giants in 3rd place for pennant's won. The St. Louis Cardinals are 2nd with 10 pennants, and, of course, the New York Yankees lead with 27 pennants.

The final score tonight, San Francisco -3 Texas - 1

Go Yankees.

nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » November 2, 2010, 2:25 pm

\:D/ \:D/ What makes a grown man shed tears???Being a past season ticket holder and still supporter of a team that wins the World Series!!! :lol: :lol:

Great Feeling! =D> =D> =D> =D>

Banjo
udonmap.com
Location: Surfing with Eudyptula minor, shooting vermin or philandering in a Soi

Post by Banjo » November 3, 2010, 8:15 pm

I happened to have the pleasure (not sure that is the correct word #-o ) of watching the Baseball World Series with an American colleague recently. It certainly is an International event being telecast into UAE. I was astounded at the hype of the crowd and the big bottle advertising a sugary beverage :shock: . Mollie Corbett did a great rendition of God Bless America midway that I found rather unconventional - but the crowd loved it! However, after informing my learned colleague that other nationalities, generally Big Girls Blouses, play a game called Rounders I made some interesting observations.

It appears that an essential prerequisite to play the game at this level is to wear a cap and chew gum. Secondly, one needs a big glove to catch the ball. And, finally, you're an out and out champion if you can hit the ball into the stratosphere - no need to run if you can do that as walking will suffice.

Now I'm hooked on the game, I'm looking forward to seeing the Hackensack Bulls play off in a future World Series. Can't wait to be in the crowd and get on the turps and the hotdogs. :drunk:

Return to “World Sports”