Tiger Woods Fires Caddie

General sports news and discussions.
goodison
udonmap.com

Tiger Woods Fires Caddie

Post by goodison » July 22, 2011, 7:31 am

It seems the Thai side of Tiger Woods kicked in, whereas Thais kick their dogs when they feel let down by their hired help (be it maids {house or bar} or shop assistants) Tiger Woods fires his caddie (Kiwi Steve Williams)after 12 years together! During this time Williams became the highest paid sportsman in New Zealand so he is laughing all the way to the bank, albeit upset at the manner of his dismissal having supported Tiger during his (Tiger's) recent personal Trauma.

nongwuasoguy
udonmap.com

Tiger Woods Fires Caddie

Post by nongwuasoguy » July 22, 2011, 8:51 am

I read this on Tiger Wood's site: "I want to express my deepest gratitude to Stevie for all his help, but I think it's time for a change," Woods said. "Stevie is an outstanding caddie and a friend and has been instrumental in many of my accomplishments. I wish him great success in the future." Is it the thai way to say: "You are fired"? \:D/ Maybe it's Steve William that wants to work with somebody else and be on the golf courses when PGA or European Tour have tournaments?

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Tiger Woods Fires Caddie

Post by pienmash » July 22, 2011, 8:55 am

I aint no epert ref golf , but i reckon Tigers had his finest days , since losing the plot and getting injured hes gone a bit daft and will not get back to the days of dominance he enjoyed before , too many young guns cming thru like Fowler , Mcilror , Massassero the list goes on as well as Luuuuuuuuuke Donald , Westwood , and a whole host of top constistant players ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, maybe Tiger should qui and become a drivin instructor or marraige guidance councillor .

Mash.............milf not golf

gudtymchuk
udonmap.com

Tiger Woods Fires Caddie

Post by gudtymchuk » July 22, 2011, 10:08 am

It's my belief Tiger was miffed that Stevie jumped the fence for the last few tournaments and looped for Adam Scott and as such, he is showing more of his megalomania. Or maybe just eating too many pain pills.........

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Tiger Woods Fires Caddie

Post by merchant seaman » July 22, 2011, 10:10 am

maybe it's because Steve lost Tiger's 2 iron

Galee
udonmap.com

Tiger Woods Fires Caddie

Post by Galee » July 22, 2011, 11:09 am

I wonder what the "code of conduct" is for sacked caddies. Is there an unspoken word that they don't "dig the dirt" on ex employers. I don't believe Williams could have shared hotels with Woods without knowing what was going on.

Either way, Williams is not a happy bunny.

Galee
udonmap.com

Tiger Woods Fires Caddie

Post by Galee » July 22, 2011, 11:44 am

Tiger Woods's former caddie Steve Williams lashed out at his former employer after being fired on Wednesday.

The New Zealander, who had caddied for Woods since 1999, claimed that he had "wasted the last two years of my life" after sticking with the former world number one throughout the scandal, on-course deterioration and injury problems that have dogged Woods since November 2009.

Woods had Williams on his bag for 13 of his 14 Major championship victories, and the pair had apparently enjoyed a close personal friendship as well as a warm working relationship.

Yet Williams - who earned so much with Woods that he has several times been New Zealand's best paid 'sportsman' of the year - was evidently furious at the way their time together came to an end.

"I'm not disappointed I've been fired - that's part of the job - but the timing is extraordinary," the 47-year-old told Television New Zealand.

"I've stuck with Tiger and been incredibly loyal... I am extremely disappointed, given that the last 18 months has been a particularly difficult time," Williams added.

"With the scandals, a new coach, a swing change, I've stuck with him through thick and thin and been incredibly loyal -- and then this happens.

"I wouldn't ditch someone when the chips are down. I've stuck by Tiger and put myself and my family in a difficult position.

"I, along with a lot of people, lost a lot of respect for Tiger (over the sex scandals) and I pointed out before his return at the Masters at Augusta in 2010 that he had to earn back my respect.

"He was starting to do that, but it's not the case now."

Williams added in a statement on his website that he will now work full-time for Australian star Adam Scott, for whom he has caddied occasionally during Tiger's time out of the game.

"Having started my caddying career with Australian great Peter Thompson and working for Greg Norman in the 80s I am excited about the future working for another Australian," he said.

Source:Eurosport

camps
udonmap.com

Tiger Woods Fires Caddie

Post by camps » July 22, 2011, 12:16 pm

[quote="nongwuasoguy"]I read this on Tiger Wood's site: "I want to express my deepest gratitude to Stevie for all his help, but I think it's time for a change,". ......Interviews to be held at BK, Tall leggy blondes need only apply. Must have clean driving licence .. :lol:

nongwuasoguy
udonmap.com

Tiger Woods Fires Caddie

Post by nongwuasoguy » July 22, 2011, 4:25 pm

Thak you Galee, I am happy to read Steve William's point of view. So, Steve will go with Adam Scott which is not a surprise and who will becomes the next Tiger's caddie?

nongwuasoguy
udonmap.com

Tiger Woods Fires Caddie

Post by nongwuasoguy » July 23, 2011, 6:59 am

And there is the new team:

Return to “World Sports”