Football Rumours Mark 2

General sports news and discussions.
BobHelm
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by BobHelm » July 19, 2013, 9:18 am

Obviously all going to plan at Town again...
Automatic promotion contenders for the first part of the season, can't win a match after January.
Least, I hope they get off to their usual cracking start as if they are lingering near the bottom of the table come the New Year then it is Conference football for sure!!
Manchester City: Stevan Jovetic deal agreed with Fiorentina

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23369164
Manchester City will make Fiorentina's Stevan Jovetic their fourth high-profile signing of the summer in a £22m deal, subject to a medical on Friday.

City moved quickly to finalise the deal for the Montenegro international as new manager Manuel Pellegrini continues to reshape his squad for the new season.
It should be an interesting season watching what develops at Citi this season.
They could be a good team to watch - unlike under Mancini when effective & efficient was about the best praise that could be placed their way..

One for the irony scrapbook... :D
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho claims there is not enough loyalty in football.

Full story: Daily Mirror

Zidane
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by Zidane » July 19, 2013, 9:47 am

Bob,
I'm going to open up a new thread "hey mister can i have me ball back 2013/14" for supporters of the smaller clubs like Cheltenham,Macclesfield,Scunthorpe and Everton,if that is OK ??
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by BobHelm » July 19, 2013, 9:49 am

Absolutely fine by me Zid. :D :D

747man
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by 747man » July 19, 2013, 3:11 pm

Zidane wrote:Bob,
I'm going to open up a new thread "hey mister can i have me ball back 2013/14" for supporters of the smaller clubs like Cheltenham,Macclesfield,Scunthorpe and Everton,if that is OK ??
Yer A Cheeky SOB,Andy..... :lol: :lol:

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by BobHelm » July 19, 2013, 6:21 pm

Stoke City will offer their supporters free coach travel to all of their Premier League games in the 2013-14 season, the club has announced today.

It is believed to be the first time any side in England's top four divisions has undertaken such a bold initiative for an entire campaign.

The Club is introducing the initiative on the back of the increase in their income delivered by the new TV deals, in a bid to try and ease the financial burden on fans who follow City on their travels.

Chief executive Tony Scholes said: "As a Club we are conscious that following football can be an expensive business, especially at a time when so many people are feeling the squeeze financially."
What a cracking move, well done them..
Mind you the cynical might say that if Mr. Hughes does a similar job to the one at QPR they could be of little expense!! :D

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by stattointhailand » July 19, 2013, 6:30 pm

I expect most of their fans would prefer to see the money spent on buying better players for them to watch at the HOME games.

goshawk
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by goshawk » July 20, 2013, 12:52 am

news flash david moyes signs paul scholes>

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by BobHelm » July 20, 2013, 8:03 am

Tito Vilanova: Barcelona manager steps down through ill health
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23376453

A huge pity, for him & the club. I can only hope that he has a successful recovery & returns to the sport again soon.
The club said that a new manager is expected to be announced next week.
It will be quite a jolt for the club if it is someone from outside. Barca have very much attempted manager continuity, unlike the revolving door policy of most Spanish clubs..
Pepe Reina: Liverpool keeper set for loan move to Napoli
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23372714

It has been a rumour for a while that the Spanish Waiter wanted his old goalkeeper back & that the player was unhappy at the thought of playing second fiddle at Anfield. So he will have his way & on the cheap as well...strange, strange decision by Pool..

Zidane
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by Zidane » July 20, 2013, 8:55 am

Watford have confirmed the PERMANENT signings of seven players from Italian Serie A side,Udinese ! :shock:
Udinese have become a source of players for Watford as both clubs are owned by the Pozzo family,with 10 players making a loan switch between Stadium Friuli and Vicarage Road last season.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by stattointhailand » July 20, 2013, 5:38 pm

From Skysports:-

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers remains confident of adding some major signings to his squad before the start of the season. Rodgers missed out top target Henrikh Mkhitaryan, but is still hopeful of bringing in two new faces to add quality to his squad.

Looks like Brendon Rodgers and 747 agree then ... At the moment there is absolutely zero QUALITY at Anfield :lol:

Plenty of Quantity but no Quality

goshawk
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by goshawk » July 20, 2013, 5:41 pm

stattointhailand wrote:From Skysports:-

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers remains confident of adding some major signings to his squad before the start of the season. Rodgers missed out top target Henrikh Mkhitaryan, but is still hopeful of bringing in two new faces to add quality to his squad.

Looks like Brendon Rodgers and 747 agree then ... At the moment there is absolutely zero QUALITY at Anfield :lol:

Plenty of Quantity but no Quality
people in glass houses? :-" A newcastle fan taking the piss out of LIVERPOOL? ,is like a tramp laughing at someone loosing their house keys? :D

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by stattointhailand » July 20, 2013, 5:55 pm

I don't discriminate Goshawk .... I take the p*** out of anyone ..... INCLUDING NEWCASTLE \:D/

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by stattointhailand » July 20, 2013, 6:09 pm

You can see how high Newcastle's targets are this season ..... they have arranged a pre-season game against .................. GLASGOW RANGERS #-o

Zidane
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by Zidane » July 21, 2013, 8:48 am

Manchester United hit form in the second match of their Asian pre-season tour in Sydney as they beat Australias A League All Stars 5-1,with Danny Welbeck and Jesse Lingaard scoring twice and substitute,Robin Van Persie,adding a fifth.
Uniteds next game is in Yokohama,Japan,on Tuesday.

747man
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by 747man » July 21, 2013, 3:00 pm

Zidane wrote:Manchester United hit form in the second match of their Asian pre-season tour in Sydney as they beat Australias A League All Stars 5-1,with Danny Welbeck and Jesse Lingaard scoring twice and substitute,Robin Van Persie,adding a fifth.
Uniteds next game is in Yokohama,Japan,on Tuesday.
Andy, BIG Deal,If you can't score at least 5 against a gang of Sheep Farmers,Then..........It's time to give up...

747man
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by 747man » July 21, 2013, 3:34 pm

Andy or Anyone in the know, That Football shirt shop near The Bus Station ( Udon ) Would they happen to have a Q.P.R.Shirt in stock ( BTW It's NOT for me but a Mate of mine in London ).....All answers will be treated in confidence so as NOT to ruin anybody's reputation......555..

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by pienmash » July 21, 2013, 4:44 pm

747man wrote:Andy or Anyone in the know, That Football shirt shop near The Bus Station ( Udon ) Would they happen to have a Q.P.R.Shirt in stock ( BTW It's NOT for me but a Mate of mine in London ).....All answers will be treated in confidence so as NOT to ruin anybody's reputation......555..
Dropped by today 474 ,, pleased to see they had a rack full of claret n blue Scunny shirts in stock ,, i kid you not as i put the guy onto the design a few weeks ago ,, they are flying out !!! ,,,,saw a QPR shirt ,, the cleaner at the shop was wearing it ,,also i did spot an Emerton shirt couldnt make out the new detail on it as the cleaner wearing the QPR shirt was mopping the floor with the Emerton shirt .....

mash

747man
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by 747man » July 21, 2013, 5:25 pm

pienmash wrote:
747man wrote:Andy or Anyone in the know, That Football shirt shop near The Bus Station ( Udon ) Would they happen to have a Q.P.R.Shirt in stock ( BTW It's NOT for me but a Mate of mine in London ).....All answers will be treated in confidence so as NOT to ruin anybody's reputation......555..
Dropped by today 474 ,, pleased to see they had a rack full of claret n blue Scunny shirts in stock ,, i kid you not as i put the guy onto the design a few weeks ago ,, they are flying out !!! ,,,,saw a QPR shirt ,, the cleaner at the shop was wearing it ,,also i did spot an Emerton shirt couldnt make out the new detail on it as the cleaner wearing the QPR shirt was mopping the floor with the Emerton shirt .....

mash
Mashed, Can't YOU Ever be SERIOUS ?? It's for my mates birthday present,& I would like to send it to him before the new season STARTS.......

Do You NOT think The rack full of shirts, Were VILLA or West Ham or Burnley Shirts.....555. :lol: :lol:

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by BobHelm » July 21, 2013, 5:35 pm

Alan.. What you posted above is unacceptable on this Forum.
Do not do it again!!

747man
udonmap.com

Football Rumours Mark 2

Post by 747man » July 21, 2013, 7:07 pm

Bob, Why what did I say Wrong, I Certainly don't remember posting a Swear Words or Defamatory Comments....Alan.

Return to “World Sports”