Hey mister can I have mi ball back 2013/14 season

General sports news and discussions.
Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » March 23, 2014, 10:00 am

It looks like the once mighty Portsmouth could be playing in the Conference next season.A near 15,000 crowd saw them lose 1-0 at home to York and they are now just one place and three points off a relegation place.
Luton look sure to be returning to League 2 and went 14 points clear at the top of the Conference after beating Chester 3-0 in front of an almost 8,500 crowd.
Tuesday night sees the League 2 "El Classico" between Cheltenham and Scunthorpe.

Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 23, 2014, 6:51 pm

More like El Tesco Zid :-"

Nice to see the mighty Concord Rangers bounce back from Thursday's defeat to register another win on Saturday.
Oh, and that was after winning last Tuesday.

Van Pussie and BooHoony would need 6 weeks recovery time after playing 3 matches in 5 days

Anyone noticed that Grimsby have THREE games in hand on many of their Conference rivals ......... Grimsby playing Scunny again in the league could be as near as next season :lol:

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 23, 2014, 7:14 pm

stattointhailand wrote:More like El Tesco Zid :-"

Nice to see the mighty Concord Rangers bounce back from Thursday's defeat to register another win on Saturday.
Oh, and that was after winning last Tuesday.

Van Pussie and BooHoony would need 6 weeks recovery time after playing 3 matches in 5 days

Anyone noticed that Grimsby have THREE games in hand on many of their Conference rivals ......... Grimsby playing Scunny again in the league could be as near as next season :lol:

Indeed Tuesday evening does see the game at its purist level ... el classico ...league 2 style ... the Robins take on the Iron and im hoping Bob is crying into his Wednesday morning cornflakes [-o< ... alas im predicting an entertaining score draw !!

As for Scunny playing the Codheeds again in the league after so many years in the footballing wilderness for the Mariners , i doubt it very much , too many if and ands yet tho.

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » March 27, 2014, 8:37 am

Wot,no reaction to the League 2 El Classico !! :shock:
I predicted it would be Cheltenham 0 Scunthorpe 2......how did it end up ? :-k

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » March 27, 2014, 8:59 am

About that Zid...
I expected a draw...not to be so went out & drown my sorrows yesterday instead - well that is my excuse anyway.. :D

Bit of a gap has developed between the top 3 automatic promotion places & the chasing pack - 6 points to 3rd. placed Chesterfield, but they have also played 1 game more than the others.
It is still pretty tight though as all the top teams continue to win.
7 games to go, if Scunthorpe can win 5 of them then they are automatically up, no matter what anyone else does. This has been a tremendous second half of the season by them. Top side Rochdale also look in fine form & just a further 4 wins out of 7 will do for them. Chesterfield, in third, are the side that look most in danger of slipping. After dominating the table early on they had a blip that gave the chasing pack hope, but they do have the best goal difference in the division which might prove vital at the end...

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 27, 2014, 7:43 pm

Zidane wrote:Wot,no reaction to the League 2 El Classico !! :shock:
Been too busy Zid ..... until now .

A brilliant result for Scunny and as Bob points out IF they can cobble together a few more wins it will be an excellent effort in the second half of the season , YES its tight at the top i i dont give a fig about winning this league just a top 3 spot will do nicely ... then the EPL push can gather momentum !!

I did see Bob this morning and he still was a bit emotional over the drubbing the Robins took ,,, ITS ONLY A GAME !! isnt it ??

Up the Iron .

DM

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 27, 2014, 8:19 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote:
Zidane wrote:Wot,no reaction to the League 2 El Classico !! :shock:
Been too busy Zid ..... until now .

A brilliant result for Scunny and as Bob points out IF they can cobble together a few more wins it will be an excellent effort in the second half of the season , YES its tight at the top i i dont give a fig about winning this league just a top 3 spot will do nicely ... then the EPL push can gather momentum !!

I did see Bob this morning and he still was a bit emotional over the drubbing the Robins took ,,, ITS ONLY A GAME !! isnt it ??

Up the Iron .

DM
to add
Scunthorpe Utds , second half of the season , since Laws got the Boot and Russ Wilcox took over ...ITS NOW 23 games without a defeat to be exact ,, thats an incredible effort and looking at the Irons closing games i would hope they could take enough points from them to stay in a top three spot .... Roachdale and York are also on crazy unbeaten runs !!

DM

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » March 30, 2014, 10:00 am

Cheltenham managed an unusual away win, while Scunthorpe kept their unbeaten run going as neither them nor Wycombe could find the back of the net.
The good thing for the promotional hopefuls was that none of the chasing pack managed a significant result either.
So 6 to play, Scunthorpe are now 7 points above a play off place with a +13 goal advantage. Win 4 of the final games & they cannot be stopped... :D

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » March 30, 2014, 10:28 am

BobHelm wrote:Cheltenham managed an unusual away win, while Scunthorpe kept their unbeaten run going as neither them nor Wycombe could find the back of the net.
The good thing for the promotional hopefuls was that none of the chasing pack managed a significant result either.
So 6 to play, Scunthorpe are now 7 points above a play off place with a +13 goal advantage. Win 4 of the final games & they cannot be stopped... :D
Well summed up Bob , Scunny dont have a bad run in playing only one of the upper table / playoff area sides so i would hope they can manage enough wins or draws to stay in the top three. Hopefully if it all works out that way they will keep the same faces for a decent effort in League one ,,, obviously keeping the services of Russ Wilcox is paramount and the Chairman n Directors need to realize that when it comes to wage talks.... we dont want another Nigel Adkins senario.

Up the Iron

DM

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 5, 2014, 9:31 am

I think on this thread its time to pay tribute to Scunthorpe manager,Russ Wilcox,who has gone 24 matches without defeat and broken the Football League record of 23 matches held by Preston manager,William Suddell, in 1888-89 which lasted for 125 years ! =D>
mat80,probably remembers him ? :D
The record should keep going today as Scunthorpe are away at bottom club,Torquay.Cheltenham entertain play off chasing Southend in a match that is bound to end up 1-1.
In the Conference,Luton are all but promoted and face Aldershot at home who are fighting to avoid relegation to the Conference South.Other matches include the mid-table clash between Wrexham and Macclesfield.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 5, 2014, 1:40 pm

Not forgetting that Leicester could be promoted this afternoon, without kicking a ball, if the results go their way. They won yesterday evening 2 - 1 at home to Wednesday, That leaves them 19 points above 3rd. placed QPR, who now have 7 games remaining. It also gives them a 10 point margin over second side Burnley.

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » April 5, 2014, 1:52 pm

If Leicester go up they might sell more football shirts on sale at Swampy Aerodrome.
Sponsored by individual Power the company that run all duty free shops there.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 5, 2014, 2:18 pm

And Luton Town are closing in on a return to the Football League ... currently 13 pts ahead of second placed Cambridge United (who have a game in hand, but a massively inferior goal diff)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 5, 2014, 3:14 pm

Fingers crossed today for the Iron ..a long trip for DMs mates but several hundred are going down according to a Scunny fan who is in constant touch with me . A must win game as they all should be at this time of the season , i would love to see Russ Wilcox's undefeated run go on n on n on ...... a draw today is also ok but Torquay are dire at the mo so a win should be in the offing.

Claret n blue all way thru !! ... i bumped into a codhead fan last week who was there at the opening freindly game of the season when Scunny allowed them to win and again in the FA cup cos its worthless and they needed to concentrate on the league ,,,i was more than happy to thank him as it was indeed the Mariners beating Scunny that got that plonker Laws the boot and Russ Wilcox in ... no complaints .

Up the Iron .

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 6, 2014, 10:02 am

Torquay 0-1 Scunthorpe
Cheltenham 1-2 Southend
The Scunthorpe run continues. Town could keep out promotion pushers Southend to assist in the Scunny promotion push though. The other 2 sides at the top (Rochdale & Chesterfield) could only draw though. That means that Scunthorpe are now only second by goal difference from Rochdale.
The only slightly disappointing news was that the chasing pack of Fleetwood, Burton & Southend all won, so no easing up yet.
5 to go, 7 points & a seriously better goal difference should mean that it is only a matter of time though..

As suggested earlier in the day, Leicester will now definitely be playing Premiership football next season. Congratulations to them & especially to manager Nigel Pearson. Their current squad contains that long time striking favourite of the Championship Kevin Phillips. Will he grace the Premiership next season to give it a final swan song?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 6, 2014, 2:39 pm

As suggested earlier in the day, Leicester will now definitely be playing Premiership football next season. Congratulations to them & especially to manager Nigel Pearson. Their current squad contains that long time striking favourite of the Championship Kevin Phillips. Will he grace the Premiership next season to give it a final swan song?

Yes congrats to LI SES TUR CITY ..... just in time for Gary LI NICK ER's redundancy.

Can see Kevin Phillips returning to the S O S to oversee the Blunderland push for promotion (couldn't do it 3 years on the trot could he?)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 6, 2014, 2:45 pm

25 games unbeaten !! Russ Wilcox should be knighted and get the freedom of Scunthorpe :shock: .....IF the miracle does happen . My beloved Scunthorpe Utd are on the brink of promotion BUT THE JOB IS NOT DONE YET and next up a tough game against Bury who are also on a very hot unbeaten streak .

Well done to Leicester City on promotion to the EPL ,,im sure individual Power and Chang are very very pleased today.

Up the Iron

kennyguk
udonmap.com

Re: Hey mister can I have mi ball back 2013/14 season

Post by kennyguk » April 7, 2014, 9:25 am

Zidane wrote:Cheltenham entertain play off chasing Southend in a match that is bound to end up 1-1.
3 wins on the bounce and a couple of decent loan signings from Norwich, looks like we are hitting form at just the right time. Tango-tan man Brown could get us out of L2 at last!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 7, 2014, 9:09 pm

Hereford United given an extra 7 days (from the Official Conference Website)

handed a seven day adjournment in order to pay the outstanding HM Revenue & Customs debt.

The Bulls made a part payment towards the £78,000 tax and PAYE bill on Friday afternoon following negotiations between United chairman David Keyte and HMRC.

Director Dave Preedy represented Hereford United in today's court hearing in London, with the judge agreeing to a seven-day adjournment that gives the Bulls time to pay the outstanding debt.

"Once we take into account the kind donations from supporters, the gate receipts from Saturday's game and the amazing £21,000 raised from the Omid Djalili shows on Sunday, then we can say we have enough money to pay the HMRC bill," said Preedy. "Our efforts must now turn to paying the outstanding wages owed to the players and staff who have continued to work hard in difficult circumstances.

"On behalf of the board I'd like to thank the supporters for their fantastic efforts in helping us to reach our goal of raising £78,000."

Hereford were really unlucky ..... if it had been tax on a yacht they could have got away scot free :-"

Would have thought the Royalties on the Ronnie Radford goal would have seen them on "easy street" for a few more seasons yet :lol:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 7, 2014, 9:37 pm

And what a GOAL That Was !!!!!!!!!!! Bet yer remember that one,Hey Statts......???? :lol: :lol:

Return to “World Sports”