World Cup Finals,Brazil 2014

General sports news and discussions.
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 2, 2014, 1:49 pm

By the looks of those pics, nobody let Jon Flanagan into the joke ....... derrrr wots 'appenin' boss? :confused:
never mind, i'll carry on wiv me game a pocket billiards :-"

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » June 2, 2014, 1:58 pm

Yeah he looks about as bright as a blackout
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 2, 2014, 2:01 pm

Any reports on Pele's son? If dad wanted him out on bail, presumably he would get bail pending an appeal. Pele would be a bigger fish in Brazil than Prince Charles is in the UK. The son might get to watch the mighty Hondurans beat England in Miami on his way to exile in Saudi Arabia or Moscow.

We might see him sitting beside dad in Qatar when Brazil play Scotland. I doubt the Scots would last 10 minutes in Qatar. I'd give the Norwegians 5 minutes. Still there should be some big parties.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » June 2, 2014, 3:57 pm

socksy wrote:Zid prior to this photo there are good images on this link.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/01/busted-co ... r-4746381/
Yeah,I'd seen the pics of Jason Bent......probably have a better chance of making the squad than Darren Bent ! 8)
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » June 5, 2014, 8:13 am

A makeshift England team were held to a 2-2 draw by Ecuador last night.Rooney and Lambert were the scorers.
Raheem Sterling was sent off along with Ecuadors Antonio Valencia and will miss the final warm up game against Honduras.
More worrying,Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain suffered a knee injury and must now be a doubt for the finals tournament starting next week.
The defence was poor.The United pair of Jones and Smalling were uncertain and the experiment of playing James Milner at right back was not a success.
Star man for England was Evertons Ross Barkley whose scintillating performance may have earned him a place in the World Cup opener against Italy on June 14th.

Other friendly matches.....Netherlands 2 Wales 0 ; Italy 1 Luxemboutg 1 ; Greece 0 Nigeria 0 ;
Mexico 0 Bosnia-H 1 ; Algeria 2 Romania 1 ; Argentina 3 Trinidad and Tobago 0 ;
Brazil 4 Panama 0 ; Costa Rica 1 Japan 3 ;
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » June 6, 2014, 7:18 am

A writers player ratings from the Ecuador friendly.

Looks like Right back is a serious issue for England and I'm sure their Group opponents will have been watching videos of their performances since the draw was made.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27707810
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

Renshaw Farm
udonmap.com

Post by Renshaw Farm » June 6, 2014, 1:05 pm

England Team suits use to fit before they put wallets in their jacket pockets!!

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 6, 2014, 3:24 pm

Renshaw Farm wrote:England Team suits use to fit before they put wallets in their jacket pockets!!
The Brazilian pickpockets are probably having a few friendlies right now. I wouldn't mind lifting one of those premiership player's wallets. There might be enough cash in there to keep a young Udon mia noi happy for a year. =P~

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » June 6, 2014, 3:40 pm

Zidane wrote:Thailands broadcasting regulator has stated that all 64 World Cup matches must be shown on free TV.
This ruling came as a blow to the Thai pay channel RS Inc.who proposed only 22 matches should be shown on free TV with the remaining matches only available via their Pay TV platform.
So look out for the usual Thai TV channels broadcasting......3,5,7,9 etc.
The commentary will be in Thai and incomprehensible.....similar to listening to Andy Gray on Sky,really.
Note for fans of England and Australia : be sure to watch your 3 group games between Friday,13th June and Tuesday,24th June......after that it could be too late !
Australia v Chile.....Friday 13th.....is that a bad omen or what ?
Only 22 games will be shown on free-tv (channel 7) unless something changes in the coming days.

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » June 7, 2014, 9:11 am

It will be decided by a court on Tuesday if all world cup-matches will be shown on free-tv, or only 22 games as the rightsholder wants.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/most-recent/ ... ling-looms

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 7, 2014, 9:58 am

Svein66 wrote:It will be decided by a court on Tuesday if all world cup-matches will be shown on free-tv, or only 22 games as the rightsholder wants.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/most-recent/ ... ling-looms
That would be a bit of a coup (if you'll pardon ......) for the Junta, if the court gives positive proof that money doesn't rule over the rights of the people in Thailand :-"

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » June 7, 2014, 11:31 am

Watched the Aussies warm up with the Croats this morning. It was an end to end, awe inspiring, goal fest, not, with the Croats winning 1 nil. Great form shown by the Croations for their first game against the hosts next Friday and the Spanish, Dutch and Chileans will be shaking in their boots not by our form but by watching us try to kick the crap out of Modric and co. Our team closely resembles one of Frank Arok's 1980's take no prisoners outfits more so than Guss Hiddinks 2006 mob. Anyway if the entertainment is going to be bang, crash, bite, scratch and bash the Europeans and Chileans then bring it on. Bit of Aussie Rules and Rugby League aggression, strength and fierceness may just bring the world cup to life. \:D/
Go the Aussies =D>
Watch Me!!

zoheyb

Post by zoheyb » June 7, 2014, 6:25 pm

Much excited as it's once in four years thing. Clubs can match this kind of intensity. Plus I am kind of over excited as I travel a lot but still won't miss a thing - Catching everything Live online on my favorite Channels.

It's good if we have a newer team surprising us with their game but personally I would want Italy to make this their 5th cup - Level with Brazil. Should support all 32 teams in the first round though as they all qualified in best 32 out of 100s.

Keeping the History in mind, here are my few guesses as to which one can take the cup!

Italy, Belgium, France, Germany, Brazil, Argentina

Thanks for this great thread!

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » June 8, 2014, 7:52 am

Trying to think positive,kept a clean sheet against Honduras :D ,ignored the fact that Israel scored 4 against them a few days ago and England nowt :yikes:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 8, 2014, 8:32 am

Perhaps they learnt from their mistakes :lol:

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 8, 2014, 12:38 pm

Not looking good for Dave Cameron's team. It's kind of like EU politics. The English are forever getting smashed?

I'm not anti-England. I hope the rank outsiders do well. That includes England. 555

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » June 9, 2014, 6:37 am

"Viewers are eager to see whether the dispute over broadcasting all matches of the 2014 World Cup via free-to-air TV channels will be settled before the first match kicks off on Thursday."

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/4 ... ast-ruling

zoheyb

Post by zoheyb » June 10, 2014, 3:58 pm

zoheyb wrote:Much excited as it's once in four years thing. Clubs can match this kind of intensity. Plus I am kind of over excited as I travel a lot but still won't miss a thing - Catching everything Live online on my favorite Channels.

It's good if we have a newer team surprising us with their game but personally I would want Italy to make this their 5th cup - Level with Brazil. Should support all 32 teams in the first round though as they all qualified in best 32 out of 100s.

Keeping the History in mind, here are my few guesses as to which one can take the cup!

Italy, Belgium, France, Germany, Brazil, Argentina

Thanks for this great thread!
URL missing in my previous post. This is really useful: http://goo.gl/DNsBjl

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » June 10, 2014, 4:16 pm

If you have a spare 2 hours,have a butchers at 50 World cup shocks :shock: :badteeth: 8)

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » June 10, 2014, 11:39 pm

"With only two days to go before the World Cup kicks off, RS Plc, the broadcast rights holder for the much-awaited global sporting event, on Tuesday threatened to cancel broadcasting all 64 matches on all platforms if it loses a court case with regulators over its broadcasting issue."

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/4 ... ack-screen

Return to “World Sports”