World Cup Finals,Brazil 2014

General sports news and discussions.
stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 11, 2014, 10:46 am

about time the people who are now trying to run this country stepped in and told them exactly what their fate would be if they refuse to allow the people of Thailand one of their basic human rights :-k

.......to watch the World Cup on free TV. :lol:

Couple of months in "the slammer" for all directors should do the trick =D>

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » June 11, 2014, 11:12 am

None of England`s group matches will be shown on free-tv unless the court orders all games to be shown. Also none of the games involving Holland and Chile will be shown on free-tv.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/media/conten ... 639025.jpg

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 11, 2014, 11:28 am

Svein66 wrote:None of England`s group matches will be shown on free-tv unless the court orders all games to be shown. Also none of the games involving Holland and Chile will be shown on free-tv.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/media/conten ... 639025.jpg
That's the best excuse that I have heard to stay in bed for a long time :lol:

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » June 11, 2014, 2:11 pm

The court has just ruled in favor of RS. This means that only 22 games will be shown on free-tv. :cry:

@Richard Barrow on twitter:
Question now is, will the junta insist that RS allow all world cup matches to be shown on free TV for the sake of "national happiness"

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 11, 2014, 2:50 pm

Svein66 wrote:The court has just ruled in favor of RS. This means that only 22 games will be shown on free-tv. :cry:

@Richard Barrow on twitter:
Question now is, will the junta insist that RS allow all world cup matches to be shown on free TV for the sake of "national happiness"
Shouldn't that be for the sake of Thailand not "losing face" in front of the rest of the world as being the only people that could not organise the proverbial "p*ss up in a brewery" .

How many court cases do they need in this country to make a simple decision ........ and still get it wrong :-"

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » June 11, 2014, 3:22 pm

Bit of a pain for the poor &*&&^%&s who can't afford the cable - set top box - whatever set up. Have to stay home because of the curfew and now miss out all together. I'd be offering pretty short odds that the junta will come out tomorrow and and put a smile on the faces of the masses. Too good an opportunity to garner good will to miss.
On a personal note the Aussies kick off against Chile at 7:30am local Oz time on Saturday morning whcih is when I drive the Mrs to work. I'll be home by 8:00 but I have a fear in the pit of my stomach that our world cup could well be all over by then. :-$
Watch Me!!

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » June 11, 2014, 3:33 pm

socksy wrote:
leterry60614 wrote:How can we watch all the games live on internet?
I suppose there will be some free live streaming available but I'm playing it safe with 365sport.com through my PC/Laptop, or a more expensive option with a set-top-box is with thaiexpattv which I think works out at 2,000 baht a month with free delivery anywhere in Thailand. If I remember right when I subscribed to 365sport it was a minimum three month contrat.
My Laptop is rigged to my large screen TV so can watch it on that.
Normally Irish Clock has the same,maybe Socksy when the official song comes on you can easily switch to rod Stewart or the exploited :lol: :badteeth: 8)

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » June 11, 2014, 5:54 pm

It ain`t over yet... :lol:

From twitter:
"Thai army call for a joint press conference with RS tomorrow - possible new deal on the broadcasting of World Cup matches in Thailand.
At tomorrow press conference: NCPO, NBTC, RS, Sponsors, Army-own Ch. 5 - another twist to Thailand's World Cup broadcast saga."

and

"It appears that World Cup will be on Free TV and RS will be compensated out of the NBTC fund."

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 11, 2014, 6:01 pm

Having just locked that Rice miller up for false rice pledges, there must be billions of Baht left in the rice pledging coffers now to pay for it :-"

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » June 11, 2014, 6:17 pm

Whose gonna watch all 64 matches? Heard a rumor that if USA reaches the finals everyone will have to call it soccer for the next 4 years.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Post by BigBubba » June 11, 2014, 6:37 pm

merchant seaman wrote:Whose gonna watch all 64 matches? Heard a rumor that if USA reaches the finals everyone will have to call it soccer for the next 4 years.
Good one! =D>

Just heard on CNN (so it MUST be true) that America is second only to Brazil in the number of "soccer" fans worldwide.
Every day I wake up is a good day.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 11, 2014, 6:41 pm

:( Having thrown my turban in the ring and joined in two local Udon bars World Cup sweep stakes imagine my horror when i picked AUSTRALIA out in BOTH places life is tuff sometimes thats what i dont call a lucky double dip :lol: ... suffice to say even tho winners get paid out at the semi final stages onwards i think i can kiss my stake money good bye !!

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 11, 2014, 6:43 pm

That must be a hell of a lot more than the amount of gridiron fans in the UK Bubba

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 11, 2014, 6:44 pm

Drunk Monkey wrote::( Having thrown my turban in the ring and joined in two local Udon bars World Cup sweep stakes imagine my horror when i picked AUSTRALIA out in BOTH places life is tuff sometimes thats what i dont call a lucky double dip :lol: ... suffice to say even tho winners get paid out at the semi final stages onwards i think i can kiss my stake money good bye !!

DM
Tell them you thought it was a "Field Hockey" sweep .... both England and Australia have made the semi's in that =D>

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » June 11, 2014, 7:21 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
Drunk Monkey wrote::( Having thrown my turban in the ring and joined in two local Udon bars World Cup sweep stakes imagine my horror when i picked AUSTRALIA out in BOTH places life is tuff sometimes thats what i dont call a lucky double dip :lol: ... suffice to say even tho winners get paid out at the semi final stages onwards i think i can kiss my stake money good bye !!

DM
Tell them you thought it was a "Field Hockey" sweep .... both England and Australia have made the semi's in that =D>
Don't have to be dead to be stiff!
You could claim you thought it was the cricket World Cup in Feb March next year or even the Aussie Rules World Cup where we would be the only side playing. Sure for a collect then DM. \:D/
Watch Me!!

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » June 11, 2014, 9:51 pm

marjamlew wrote:
stattointhailand wrote:

DM
Don't have to be dead to be stiff!
You could claim you thought it was the cricket World Cup in Feb March next year or even the Aussie Rules World Cup where we would be the only side playing. Sure for a collect then DM. \:D/
My new resolution .. try to learn by your mistakes ... did a quick booze delivery to a well known Udon bar earlier and was duped - talkes into having another go at a world cup sweep stake ... after drawing the much fancied and tournament dark horses Aussies :^o (not) in TWO other places i thought my lucks gotta change .... fookin only went and drew red hot favourites IRAN ...... comorn lets all hope for an Aussie v Iran final [-o<

If only it was a surfing or camel bashing world cup ....

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 11, 2014, 9:57 pm

Looks like it's safe to enter all the Sweepstakes now guys .... the no hopers have all been drawn :-"

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » June 12, 2014, 5:48 am

pomps wrote:
socksy wrote:
leterry60614 wrote:How can we watch all the games live on internet?
I suppose there will be some free live streaming available but I'm playing it safe with 365sport.com through my PC/Laptop, or a more expensive option with a set-top-box is with thaiexpattv which I think works out at 2,000 baht a month with free delivery anywhere in Thailand. If I remember right when I subscribed to 365sport it was a minimum three month contrat.
My Laptop is rigged to my large screen TV so can watch it on that.
Normally Irish Clock has the same,maybe Socksy when the official song comes on you can easily switch to rod Stewart or the exploited :lol: :badteeth: 8)
When it comes to the World Cup Pomps we don't really need to brush up on our singing bur here's a must for every football fan from God's Country.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... wAJIsBOTnA

Here are the 365sport.com fees if anyone is interested - unfortunately they don't do two week packages

600 THB Monthly + 300 THB Setup Fee
1,740 THB Quarterly + 200 THB Setup Fee
3,300 THB Semi-Annually + 100 THB Setup Fee
6,000 THB Annually
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

pomps
udonmap.com

Post by pomps » June 12, 2014, 7:49 am

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/4 ... -world-cup

So now most games Channel 5,7 and 8 to keep the locals happy 8)

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » June 12, 2014, 7:57 am

"We plan to use BTFP funds to compensate RS's losses, including for the 300,000 set-top boxes it is selling to viewers," he said....
and are all the people whom all ready bought the sunbox be able to return it and get a refund ?, as it is a waste of money in case all the matches are viewable free , so how to keep these buyers happy?.. :(

Return to “World Sports”